Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep. The only thing I couldn't delete but wanted to was Sprint Zone.....Sprint Radio, Sprint TV, Nascar....

Gone.

that is unbelievable fantastic. I think we need to give sprint massive props for that. or HTC either way someone is my new favorite! I hope all phones on sprint come with optional bloatware

Mickeywdw1254

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to say, I have spent the last 3 hours playing around with my new EVO3D...and all I can say is W O W! The phone is absolutely smooth as butter. I have not seen any call quality issues, and I am in Ocala, Fl...not exactly a Sprint hotbed. I have made multiple phone calls, and have not seen the signal strength fluctuating as others have seen. I have also gone online with the phone, and while slightly (and maybe not even at all) slower, the phone overall feels much better than my OG EVO.
Now onto the 3D.

Yes it is gimmicky, and you do have to hold it at a certain angle in order to see the best effect. And yes 3D has been known to give people headaches (on TV,in the movies, and now on phones). There is nothing that can really be done with that until they find a new technology. What I can tell you about the 3D,is that I showed it to 3 of my customers in the field, and about 10 coworkers,and they were amazed. All except one, who hates technology (he owns a Jitterbug :eek:).

What I am getting at folks, is that you should not let other reviewers make up your minds for you. Go out and touch the phone in a store...preferably in your local area, to see what it's going to do for you. Take advantage of the 30 day period and go out and enjoy!

The simple fact that it is much faster than OG EVO has already sold the phone for me. HTC HUB and Sense 3.0 seem great so far, and everything else is generally good at this point. I don't do full blown reviews, so I probably will just chime in here and there...but trust me OG EVO users and on the fence people...TRY THIS PHONE FOR YOURSELF!

Cheers!
Robert

Small world!!!! I am in Ocala, FL too! Unfortunately, my 3D is still out for delivery. Also good to hear about the call quality. I can't wait to take mine for a spin!

BigBear

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, Powerbyte. I'm jonesin' to get the EVO 3D but the reviews had me concerned. A review from an actual hands-on user is very helpful.

Showking

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today... The phone is great. It's fast, the build quality is nice, and the 3d is cool. It really plays great with 3d YouTube. Only complaint.... External speaker sucks. Not loud enough and very distorted.

-Showking

Reactions: TheCrazy88

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the 3D a little while ago. What were some of these reviewers thinking? Call quality is MUCH better than my OG EVO.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that if the EVO 3D is family to the EVO 4G then it's an awesome device. I'm just mad @Sprint for pushing my upgrade some months down the line. Ugh!

Reactions: Who?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today... . Only complaint.... External speaker sucks. Not loud enough and very distorted.

-Showking

Hopefully an OTA will fix that. I have seen this on some 4G roms too so hopefully it is software related rather than hardware. I use speakerphone and pandora ALL the time

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea me too..hopefully they fix that in time.

For those of you selflessly taking the time to post thoughts thank you!!!

It must be difficult with that shiny new toy...this excitement reminds me of my Star Wars Christmas...can't wait to open my new toy!!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been setting mine up for a hour now. This device is amazing. So fast, wow. I have better reception on both data and phone then i had with my evo. Where I am sitting i was always short one bar of having full strength wifi. The evo 3d has all bars lit up so wifi radio is definitely better.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JackG058

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep. The only thing I couldn't delete but wanted to was Sprint Zone.....Sprint Radio, Sprint TV, Nascar....

Gone.

WHAT!? To quote the venerable Lil John " YeeeAAAaaaa".

Great to hear, no problem with Sprint zone on there but damn if everything else they put on can be annoying. So awesome

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
For those of you selflessly taking the time to post thoughts thank you!!!

It must be difficult with that shiny new toy...this excitement reminds me of my Star Wars Christmas...can't wait to open my new toy!!

^ +1

I am so thankful for your posts. They have been very helpful.

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a launch day EVO 4G. I am in love all over again. Hotter sister. Way hotter. She looks better, feels better and is so much faster than her older sister.

Skeptical about the 3D. But after taking a picture of my patio, I am sold. Stunning. Make sure you compose elements in the frame that will show depth. Foreground, subject, background. Yes, when you view the picture you have to hold the display steady. But, jeez so what. There is so much immersion, 2D pictures now look so... well unnaturally flat.

I look forward to this stuff coming to tablets. Consider this guy sold to the gimmick.

Reactions: aaronmcurtis

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon