I got a lemon!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
lol not when I'm sober. lol.

UPDATE:

Telesales told me to they will overnight a new one. Gave me a confirmation number and order number. I go to plug it into "check order status" and nothing shows up. I call sprint and they tell me they couldn't authenticate my identity (I gave them pin and everything) so MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED.

Who wants to see a grown man cry? :'(

Anyways....they told me to go to a sprint store and show them my id. Really Sprint??!?!?

Get their asses back on the phone (telesales) and demand that they rectify the problem by sending you a new replacement ... This is unacceptable .

mitchellvii

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm, couple ideas - pardon if some are obvious.

1. Have read elsewhere that they are wrapping the battery in plastic so you may not have a good connection. Make sure plastic is removed.
  2. Let it sit and fully charge for hours, pull the battery, then replace and try again.

Sadly it is possible you just got a lemon. One reason why I always pick up my phones at the store. best of luck, I know it is incredibly annoying.

P.S., Could be that your EVO is fine but the power cord is messed up. Try charging it on your old EVO power cord instead.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, it does boot but still into rainbow screen. Oh well.

ask Sprint how to get into tho bootloader menu if you cannot figure it out. Im willing to just bet Sense didnt load right and a wipe would help.

As far as the power issues???? I cant see that being a problem. power issues wouldnt let it boot and just not load Sense. . . . Just my opinion though. Take it for a grain of salt

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Finally got another one ordered after the first one got canceled. I hope to get it tomorrow.

In the mean time because I am going nuts....how bad would it be if I tried the RUU here ([RUU] RUU_Shooter_Sprint_WWE_1-11-651-2_radio_radio_0-97-00-0518_nv_spcs_1-15_release - xda-developers) to see if I can get this thing going again?

I should just leave it alone at this point shouldn't I?

That would (probably) void the warranty so I would just leave it alone

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Defective device

Mine worked for about 2 hours before it abruptly shut down. Telesales asked me to go to Sprint store, so after navigating that zoo for 2 hours, I was told that I could order another phone on Friday or return my phone on Friday.

So until then I have a pretty sweet looking paper weight:mad:

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my 3D at 10:30am and turned it on. Booted just fine. Hand free activation did not complete (had a "data connection error". It asked me to go to setting and "update profile". I pressed that and it started doing its magic. I walked away to let it complete. When I return the screen was black so I hit the power button.

What I see almost gave me a heart attack. The screen was just a bunch of rainbow dots. I can't see anything because it covers the whole screen. If I press the bottom four buttons the phone vibrates but still nothing.

Tried pulling the battery out many times. Nothing.

Took it to the Sprint store. They were no help, said they don't have the 3D yet.

I really don't wanna send my phone back already but I might have to.... :'(

Any ideas?

Mine worked for about 2 hours before it abruptly shut down. Telesales asked me to go to Sprint store, so after navigating that zoo for 2 hours, I was told that I could order another phone on Friday or return my phone on Friday.

manipulator

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
That would (probably) void the warranty so I would just leave it alone

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will leave it alone but damn am I itching....

jrojas12 said:

LOL. Been there done that today. Welcome to the club!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38