Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default lock screen customization

I'm having a slight issue with customizing the lock screen. Whenever I change any of the four icons that come preset, the phone icon is erased from it's bubble and I cannot find it in the app list to add it back to the lock screen. Anyone else having that problem? It's frustrating me because I actually wanted to leave that one on there..

Shut Down and Pull Battery then restart to see if it comes back.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

nope still gone..I've done a factory reset twice and it will come back until I change one of the other three shortcuts and then it's gone again

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Some Android phones have the phone app listed as "Dialer". May want to look for that in the list.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    I'm having a slight issue with customizing the lock screen. Whenever I change any of the four icons that come preset, the phone icon is erased from it's bubble and I cannot find it in the app list to add it back to the lock screen. Anyone else having that problem? It's frustrating me because I actually wanted to leave that one on there..
    It happened to me too, I replaced the mail icon with gmail and now the phone icon is gone and I cannot find it to replace it...I tried phone, call, and dialer.

This happened to me too. I also replaced the mail icon then *POOF* no phone icon which was one of the best icons on there. I hope they fix this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

same problem for me also. cant find the phone app anywhere

ok I did some more research and found out it is caused from the OTA update we all did. Here is the link to the article.

Evo 3D Early Adopters Facing Bugs With New OTA Update