Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 18192021
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: 3D (&2D) Pictures & Videos Taken With Evo 3D

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Whenever I try to view an image or video, it just shows two side by side images. Is my phone supposed to realize and convert these for me, or am I skipping a step?

Sunrise at David Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg, TN.

Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

This is a Corsair! It has seen over 200 combat missions. I took this on my EVO 3D!
    Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!
    CarrieK likes this.

That is a great pic, weston!
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Here's my 3D shot. Kinda sucks but that's more my fault I think.

So this is my dog. His name Duh. He is almost 4,5years, but in soul he is puppy (5-7months)
    P.S. My first 3D upload

I need to post too

great pics

Few new pics I just took while at work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D (&2D) Pictures & Videos Taken With Evo 3D-imag0128.jpg   3D (&2D) Pictures & Videos Taken With Evo 3D-imag0131.jpg  
    Last edited by xlDeMoNiClx; 05-22-2012 at 03:41 PM.

What's the best service to have a picture uploaded to so it stays in 3D format? I'd like to send some pictures to people in 3D mode who have the LG Thrill and Evo 3Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    What's the best service to have a picture uploaded to so it stays in 3D format? I'd like to send some pictures to people in 3D mode who have the LG Thrill and Evo 3Ds.
    Drop box is good

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

I just wish to say that there is an app where people share 3D images, its called phereo 3D (its in google play store)
    There is a lot of activity in the app so you will see new high quality 3D images everyday
    And you can download them easley.

Download link:
    Last edited by Stalemate 1; 04-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Thanked by:

hello, i think phereo is amazing! but, some pics i save to the sd-card appear incorrectly displayed (kinda like torn with a diagonal slice going through it) but that only happens to some pics, whereas the rest display perfectly in 3D... any reason why this happens, mate?

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

I enjoyed taking the 3D images, but the lack of some universal way to view them other than the Evo 3D made it hard to get excited beyond just showing people my phone. I traded in my Evo 3D in November for a Note 2, so I no longer have it. I have the image files, but I can't really view them on anything. If reasonably priced monitors that could display these images in the same way as the Evo 3D does were on sale, that would be a different thing. Even 3D TV's, which I don't think can display these images and were hyped to all hell just a year ago, are on the decline and are being removed from manufacturers product lineups. It seems consumers have spoken and decided that 3D was not something that really want, even though movie studios are still trying their best to make almost every new movie out, especially those for kids, in 3D. I've heard part of this is due to the more difficulty in copying 3D video, but I wonder if now that sufficient time has passed, have the crackers been able to circumvent this easily enuogh to where 3D now does not have that advantage anymore, and this yet another reason we are seeing manufacturers backing away from it. I bought my Evo 3D almost two years ago, and although it might have been on sale for another year, I think it was discontinued last summer if I'm not mistaken, which means that in another year or so, most people who bought one will have traded up for a newer phone. Some people will hold onto theirs just for the 3D camera, I suppose, but in general, it will become a device and an image format that a very, very small number of people can actually use...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyslk View Post
    hello, i think phereo is amazing! but, some pics i save to the sd-card appear incorrectly displayed (kinda like torn with a diagonal slice going through it) but that only happens to some pics, whereas the rest display perfectly in 3D... any reason why this happens, mate?
    it happens to me as well, please email the developer...as they did not believe me when I told them, perhaps if more people report it they will listen and fix it.

though might I recommend saving the image from the SD card to the device, please let me know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate 1 View Post
    it happens to me as well, please email the developer...as they did not believe me when I told them, perhaps if more people report it they will listen and fix it.

though might I recommend saving the image from the SD card to the device, please let me know if it works.
    sure.. will drop them an email and see what happens. im hoping its not an evo 3D-screen specific issue... i dont have an other 3D device to view the pictures on though...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyslk View Post
    sure.. will drop them an email and see what happens. im hoping its not an evo 3D-screen specific issue... i dont have an other 3D device to view the pictures on though...
    It's not the device. I only started experiencing the issues when I updated to ics and sense 3.6

are you on ics and sense 3.6 ?

But in the meantime ill try figure it out. I'll let you know if I discover anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate 1 View Post
    It's not the device. I only started experiencing the issues when I updated to ics and sense 3.6

are you on ics and sense 3.6 ?

But in the meantime ill try figure it out. I'll let you know if I discover anything.
    yes, i'm on sense 3.6, ics... and i found out that 100% of the pictures i saved off their website on my laptop (SBS .jpg saved as .jps) which were transferred to the phone for viewing, worked just fine.

so i feel maybe its during the saving process, the formatting gets messed up?!

A friend of mine bought an LG 3D TV recently. On a lark I plugged my EVO 3D USB into the TV. The TV recognized the phone and treated it as a flash drive. I opened the DCIM folder and WOW!!! The TV began a slide show of my photos with fabulous 3D on the MPO and JPS files. I had taken some 3D videos of the Rose Parade- it played them perfectly. This blows away the screen on the EVO 3D.

If everyone had a chance to see what 3D photos look like on a big screen, the EVO 3D would be a highly sought after item.

Dan

PS: I tried the same thing on my sister's Sony Bravia - no luck, only 2D images showed. Not sure if Sony supports MPO and JPS formats.

wow! thats great to hear Dan, thanks for the info!

i wonder what other brands support these file formats?

right now, all I can do is connect my laptop to the TV/external LED panel (thru HDMI) and using nvidia 3D vision photo viewer, I get the pictures displayed in anaglyph mode... but anaglyph mode becomes a real pain in the eyes after a short while!!!

Lightbulb Make your own 3D movie with two smartphones

Found this on Indiegogo, with two smartphones you can make your own 3D movies. What do you think, is it possible?
    Anyone tried something similar?

Best,
    George

Heyo all :3

Well, I finally got my Evo two days ago and experimented with the 3D cam feature.... but how to share them online?

Default Re: Make your own 3D movie with two smartphones

Quote Originally Posted by georgeandersson View Post
    Found this on Indiegogo, with two smartphones you can make your own 3D movies. What do you think, is it possible?
    Anyone tried something similar?

Best,
    George
    It should work if you have the software for it...but how would you view it with no 3D display ?

Using Windows since 1998
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 18192021