3D (&2D) Pictures & Videos Taken With Evo 3D

cobrasting14

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Whenever I try to view an image or video, it just shows two side by side images. Is my phone supposed to realize and convert these for me, or am I skipping a step?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sunrise at David Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg, TN.

IMAG0906.jpg

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What's the best service to have a picture uploaded to so it stays in 3D format? I'd like to send some pictures to people in 3D mode who have the LG Thrill and Evo 3Ds.

fuzzyslk

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
hello, i think phereo is amazing! but, some pics i save to the sd-card appear incorrectly displayed (kinda like torn with a diagonal slice going through it) but that only happens to some pics, whereas the rest display perfectly in 3D... any reason why this happens, mate?

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed taking the 3D images, but the lack of some universal way to view them other than the Evo 3D made it hard to get excited beyond just showing people my phone. I traded in my Evo 3D in November for a Note 2, so I no longer have it. I have the image files, but I can't really view them on anything. If reasonably priced monitors that could display these images in the same way as the Evo 3D does were on sale, that would be a different thing. Even 3D TV's, which I don't think can display these images and were hyped to all hell just a year ago, are on the decline and are being removed from manufacturers product lineups. It seems consumers have spoken and decided that 3D was not something that really want, even though movie studios are still trying their best to make almost every new movie out, especially those for kids, in 3D. I've heard part of this is due to the more difficulty in copying 3D video, but I wonder if now that sufficient time has passed, have the crackers been able to circumvent this easily enuogh to where 3D now does not have that advantage anymore, and this yet another reason we are seeing manufacturers backing away from it. I bought my Evo 3D almost two years ago, and although it might have been on sale for another year, I think it was discontinued last summer if I'm not mistaken, which means that in another year or so, most people who bought one will have traded up for a newer phone. Some people will hold onto theirs just for the 3D camera, I suppose, but in general, it will become a device and an image format that a very, very small number of people can actually use...

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
hello, i think phereo is amazing! but, some pics i save to the sd-card appear incorrectly displayed (kinda like torn with a diagonal slice going through it) but that only happens to some pics, whereas the rest display perfectly in 3D... any reason why this happens, mate?

it happens to me as well, please email the developer...as they did not believe me when I told them, perhaps if more people report it they will listen and fix it.

though might I recommend saving the image from the SD card to the device, please let me know if it works.

fuzzyslk

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
it happens to me as well, please email the developer...as they did not believe me when I told them, perhaps if more people report it they will listen and fix it.

though might I recommend saving the image from the SD card to the device, please let me know if it works.

sure.. will drop them an email and see what happens. im hoping its not an evo 3D-screen specific issue... i dont have an other 3D device to view the pictures on though...

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
sure.. will drop them an email and see what happens. im hoping its not an evo 3D-screen specific issue... i dont have an other 3D device to view the pictures on though...

It's not the device. I only started experiencing the issues when I updated to ics and sense 3.6

are you on ics and sense 3.6 ?

But in the meantime ill try figure it out. I'll let you know if I discover anything.

fuzzyslk

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not the device. I only started experiencing the issues when I updated to ics and sense 3.6

are you on ics and sense 3.6 ?

But in the meantime ill try figure it out. I'll let you know if I discover anything.

yes, i'm on sense 3.6, ics... and i found out that 100% of the pictures i saved off their website on my laptop (SBS .jpg saved as .jps) which were transferred to the phone for viewing, worked just fine.

so i feel maybe its during the saving process, the formatting gets messed up?!

Dan Dresselhaus

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine bought an LG 3D TV recently. On a lark I plugged my EVO 3D USB into the TV. The TV recognized the phone and treated it as a flash drive. I opened the DCIM folder and WOW!!! The TV began a slide show of my photos with fabulous 3D on the MPO and JPS files. I had taken some 3D videos of the Rose Parade- it played them perfectly. This blows away the screen on the EVO 3D.

If everyone had a chance to see what 3D photos look like on a big screen, the EVO 3D would be a highly sought after item.

Dan

PS: I tried the same thing on my sister's Sony Bravia - no luck, only 2D images showed. Not sure if Sony supports MPO and JPS formats.

fuzzyslk

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
wow! thats great to hear Dan, thanks for the info!

i wonder what other brands support these file formats?

right now, all I can do is connect my laptop to the TV/external LED panel (thru HDMI) and using nvidia 3D vision photo viewer, I get the pictures displayed in anaglyph mode... but anaglyph mode becomes a real pain in the eyes after a short while!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21