Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Miui

Default How does the EVO3D do HDMI out?

I have an EVO 4G now and i bought the micro-HDMI cable for it.. does the EVO3D use a different cable to do HDMI out now? Does it do hdmi out thru its micro-usb cable now? Not sure if i've read anywhere how it works on the 3D.

Thanks for answering!
    EVO3D - Miui

Yes, it is coupled with the charging port.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

It uses the MHL standard so the Micro-USB interface can double as a usb port or hdmi port. The cables are hard to come by right now, but hopefully not for long.

Here is one with the adapter to allow charging simultaneously:
    Amazon.com: Accell J135-001B MHLTM (USB Micro-B) to HDMI (Female-A) Adapter: Electronics
    Its not available yet and its not the cheapest but I'm sure both problems will be remedied with time.

I just went to radio shack ready to buy a micro HDMI cable, luckily the guy was amazed that i had the 3D already, and was confused about the HDMI out feature. soooo he took a cable out of the box, and tried to pop it in. and to both our disbelief, the cables dont fit... So, i'm guessing it takes a special cable god damn it... and here i was hoping i could just get the stupid thing to work plain and simple without any problems..

Quote Originally Posted by HikariNoKitsune View Post
    I just went to radio shack ready to buy a micro HDMI cable, luckily the guy was amazed that i had the 3D already, and was confused about the HDMI out feature. soooo he took a cable out of the box, and tried to pop it in. and to both our disbelief, the cables dont fit... So, i'm guessing it takes a special cable god damn it... and here i was hoping i could just get the stupid thing to work plain and simple without any problems..
    yeah you need an mhl adapter

Global Posts
    909 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HikariNoKitsune View Post
    I thought this was posted everywhere online and mentioned in just about every review?
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Does it do mirroring?

Default Re: How does the EVO3D do HDMI out?

Wow...went to Best Buy today to look for this adapter and a case. While one guy was explaining to me that they don't carry it yet another guy was digging through the shelves. He came out and gave me an adapter and said " We don't sell one yet but you can have this one". All I can say is " Wow".
    Works great, full mirroring and automatic screen rotation when you go into a wide screen app. Very impressed and happy with the feature.

Can you surf the web using a full fledged monitor? What makes this different from what the atrix can do with it's HDMI dock?

Quote Originally Posted by king_pariah View Post
    Can you surf the web using a full fledged monitor? What makes this different from what the atrix can do with it's HDMI dock?
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Does the monitor have a hdmi port???

Please go to this thread to find info about and discuss the MHL cable.