The Official Battery Life Thread

darchenwar44

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am just curious, as I've read in the reviews that the battery takes a hit if you are using wimax. Are the good battery life comments coming with wimax enabled or just 3G?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am just curious, as I've read in the reviews that the battery takes a hit if you are using wimax. Are the good battery life comments coming with wimax enabled or just 3G?

I'm using just 3G, but I did that on my EVO 4G also. There's no 4G in Wisconsin, other than a very faint signal once in awhile.

4G isn't really needed on my end.....I didn't know that processor speed has such an impact on browser performance. Pages seem to load, at the very least, 25% faster than on my 4G.

Reactions: darchenwar44

mechlife

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How is the Battery Life on the 3d?

I have the Pre and got the HTC EVO 4g which I returned. Someone made a really good comment, what is the point of having a feature loaded phone when you have to turn everything off, hit home for me. I wasn't even getting a day of normal use. What is the feel for battery life on the EVO 3d?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I received my phone Wednesday. I've 10-12 hours on one charge. And that's with lots of testing, browsing, downloading apps..etc. I have a car charger in my car so I'm happy if the battery lasts the 8 hours that I'm at work. But to get anywhere from10-12 hours is great for me.

Oh and I didn't turn any features off either...

Delivered to you from my Simply Brilliant EVO 3D!

Divegeek

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I am getting good battery life. I have had mine for 3 days now and been using it pretty heavy, and each night when I go to bed it is at 20-30%. Much better than my Pre

Sent from my EVO3d using Tapatalk

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got my evo 3d at 8am est it's now 1045 am and I have NEVER had the phone screen off constantly playing with it and downloading my apps and tweaking it im still at around 39% when I first got it it was at 54% and I do have 45mins of talk time on it as well. Already this is waaaay better then my old Optimus S/ or HTC Hero at stock. Hope this helps some one :p

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I will not attempt to judge battery life for at least a week. I play with the damn thing too much to properly evaluate it now.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The battery life on mine is phenomenal coming from an Evo 4G.

You have to realize the only difference here is when you use the 3D, which obviously you'd only use when viewing 3D content.

On a typical day with no charger, the Evo 4G would last me about 3-4 hours using it constantly.

The Evo 3D has lasted me 7-8 hours with HEAVY use. (And I mean HEAVY) Consists of playing angry birds, Bejeweled 2, Peggle, getting on facebook, uploading pictures, getting in my car using navigation for 15-20 mins, calling someone, texting the entire time of all of this.

^HEAVY. So yea, it's pretty durn good, sir

areinus

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Since it's new, I'm using it a ton. 3D features, switching 4G on and off, downloading and using apps, browsing the web, showing it off to friends, etc., and so far one good charge each day has done the trick. The battery definitely seems to be able to handle all that this phone has to offer.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
First time not playing in it constantly was leaving work yesterday unplugged probably 90% charged. Went to happy hour so didn't play on it much but did take 3d pics and show 3d videos both locally and off YouTube.....home it was in WiFi, came to work and went till about 10am.

Meter showed 15 hours plus. I'm pleased with the battery.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life

Just curious how the battery life is on the Evo 3D. When people have burned through their batteries please post to give an idea of how long you were using the phone and how heavy the usage was.

Thanks!

Corrosive

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my phone up and running yesterday around 3 and it was needing a charge around 7. I was on it non stop though, updating, tooling, fine tuneing, etc... Today I have been off a charger since 830 and its 1230 now and I am at 72% with moderate to high usage. Not too bad, roughly the same as the 4G as far as the battery is concerned.

One thing I did notice was that it seemed like the battery took longer to charge the battery. That could be because its a new battery or because its a larger battery... but is anyone else experiencing that?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've sent 10-15 text messages, made three phone calls, random browsing and 3D picture views, downloaded those updates, had a few restarts, played a game for 20 minutes, and I'm between 60-70% after 6.5 hours!

I'm in awe. My EVO 4G would be almost dead by now.

Reactions: b_blaze80

anon(19803)

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll be the first to say I'm not overly impressed. My Evo did alright before, on Wi-Fi I managed 8-10 hours of constant, very heavy usage--facebook, stumbleupon, texting, web browsing, you get the idea. Now granted, I am on day 1, and I have been messing around with the 3D camera quite a bit (which I'm told burns battery like crazy, and I'd believe it) but I'm not particularly impressed.

Also, FWIW, I'm not happy that they gave you absolutely no easy way to check the percentage of the battery remaining.

Gixxer1k

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
How many times did you deplete your battery on the first day?

Just 2 here, but I am sure that if I had not been so busy today with other commitments that it would have been 3.

Love this phone!

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: How many times did you deplete your battery on the first day?

LOL well never got it fully charge but it has pretty good battery life imo... Then again I'm coming from a Pre :eek:)

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I must be the only one with atrocious battery life. I have been monitoring closely from 6/22 when I revieved it and have been very dissappointed. It is actually worse than my EVO4G and I did not think that was plausible, For instance, I took off the charger at 100% charge. After 15 (not 1 minute more) of using the phone -downloaded a few apps, deleted some others, moved some stuff to sd card - no web, videos, etc. I look up and I was down to 90%. This is with power saver on. I want to believe its something I am doing wrong or setting that I Have since most everyone else is reporting stellar results. Then again maybe I got a bad battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol