HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm having a problem connecting to my wifi at home. i've never had a problem hooking up my laptops, printers, game sys. etc. but cant on my evo 3d??? also the speaker volume is too low for me & i put it all the way up.

What kind of router do you have? What encryption do you use? Do you have auto enabled or do you use a specific channel on the router?

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Things I've noticed.

I've been reading many of the posts and forums.
When I get my 3D tomorrow, I'm going to activate it, get all the software updates then do a hard reset.
I read this helps the missing apps. Then I will set up the phone as I am going to use it.

You can download the HTC apps from the HTC Hub. You could probably find the flashlight app there.

masonsparty

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My 3d just died on the way to work, now it will not boot or charge... not liking sprint right now!

I got mine on wed and charged for about 30 min and then the charge light went off. Never even booted it up. Sprint repair tested the battery and its ok, so it the phone. Reserved one at the sprint store today so i can swap it out in the morning and make sure it works. :( I blame HTC, not sprint...

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on wed and charged for about 30 min and then the charge light went off. Never even booted it up. Sprint repair tested the battery and its ok, so it the phone. Reserved one at the sprint store today so i can swap it out in the morning and make sure it works. :(

Sometimes ya just get a crappy one. I hope Sprint/HTC makes it right.

speedy0339

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The music app is not saving the spot in mp3s. The evo 4g had the same bug but they fixed it, no idea how they could let it happen again on a new phone. It makes listening to audio books and stuff almost impossible. Might have to return it since I listen to audio books most of the day at work.

Also, no battery widget is available either, not just the flashlight is missing

Just go in the market and download "Battery Widget" by geekforyou

mandujar1

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What kind of router do you have? What encryption do you use? Do you have auto enabled or do you use a specific channel on the router?
linksys, auto config., ch.6-2.4ghz sec.wpa2 personal. i put in the key on phone and it just keep saying optaining ip address. i then disabled all sec. on router & same thing.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
So as soon as I got the Evo 3d out of the box, i see that there is no battery loose in the box so i assume it's in the phone, so i plug my charger up to it and a little red light is faint on the indicator so i left it for about two hours and it still wont come on.... come to find out i had to open the battery door which took a min or two to figure out, and remove this little plastic film covering the metal contacts :-!

Milad6923

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi there... After an insane Odyssey to the UPS warehouse last night, I finally have my EVO 3D.

Anyway, after changing the lock screen icons to show Music instead of Mail, the Phone icon is gone and replaced by a blank icon.

Help?
just do a hard reset and you will be good!

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I though it was a evo 4g upgrade but I was wrong it's just a different phone all together. It don't have the fill of a evo 4g at all.

Text is to small
While holding the phone in your had the glass from the cameras just don't feel right
The app list sucks how it moves from page to page
The screen is smaller and if your coming from a evo 4g you will notices it for sure.
Taking the battery cover of is a joke almost feels like it's going to break.

I was so happy to get this phone and have been let down. If your coming for a different phone not the evo 4g then this phone will be really cool and is a awesome phone, but coming from a evo 4g it's just a different phone don't feel the same at all.

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Why are people blaming Sprint? They didnt make the phone, they just sell it. I don't care for 3D, I just want a dual core evo with long battery life.

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
out of the three phones i got for the family, which were delivered yesterday afternoon, one has a defective power button. there's no click to it and pressing it doesn't always work as it should. it's going back probably next week. the othe two phones are just fine. so much better than the instinct i was using.
i just checked out a youtube video of hypocrisy and realized the sound was coming out of the speaker in the back. makes sense if it's on a tilted stand on a table which would amplify the sound a bit by bouncing off the table. my gripe on the volume is that it can definitely be a bit louder. i'm not deaf and have no ringing in my ears either. still testing out the call quality though to see if it's not muffled or anything. why is the speaker on the backside though??

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I though it was a evo 4g upgrade but I was wrong it's just a different phone all together. It don't have the fill of a evo 4g at all.

Text is to small
While holding the phone in your had the glass from the cameras just don't feel right
The screen is smaller and if your coming from a evo 4g you will notices it for sure.

I was so happy to get this phone and have been let down. If your coming for a different phone not the evo 4g then this phone will be really cool and is a awesome phone, but coming from a evo 4g it's just a different phone don't feel the same at all.

Man, I got to play with the 3D at Best Buy for a good 10 min, and I gotta say I feel the exact opposite of you. I've got an EVO and the 3D feels like a big upgrade. Right of the bat the speed difference is very noticeable this thing smooth. It's exactly what the EVO 4G should have been. I disagree on the screen too, its not really smaller just not as wide and its a little taller. Which for me as far as texting goes is better, I don't have reach over as far and I don't accidentally touch other letters. The thing I also noticed is the screen is awesome, I mean you can really tell the difference, its just more vibrant without the Samsung cartoony look. As for the transition you can change those , not a big deal.I won't lie I was a little worried with all the negative comments, but after trying it out all that is put to rest. Overall I'm totally satisfied with this phone can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Text is to small

The screen is not smaller. It's a different aspect ratio.

sent from my OG EVO

Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

waterbound

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of anyone's claims so far, however, I thought I should bring up an important point so that people aren't freaking out and canceling their orders...
This is a high profile launch. It's attracting all kinds of attention. Positive and negative.. As some of you have probably noticed, this is one of the most "trolled" phones on the AC forums right now. In general, there are two types of trolls posting here: There's the "self-amused trolls", and there's the most vicious, determined type- the "bitter-trolls:eek: The self-amused are harmless enough,especially when ignored(they know how to get some, uhh..passionate reactions from other members:-\) The bitter ones..they are the ones to watch for on a thread like this. Some are Nexus S 4G owners, upset that the spotlight on their device was very short-lived(the whole signal thing just fuels the fire-I personally don't have the signal issues). Some are original Evo owners with a complex; because it had monster specs at release, they thought that they would have the most powerful hardware for the next decade, and that no phone would ever one-up theirs. Some of them truly do believe that they are entitled to compatibility with every app, OS update, accessory,etc..because their phone "had 4G first"(that one still cracks me up every time:D) Some just feel screwed by HTC and want other people to hate them too. I don't want to offend anyone on this thread, because we are all excited for the same thing. The original Evo is a GREAT phone. The Nexus S 4G is a GREAT phone(I own one myself). Most of us like android devices all around, and we're excited about every cool one that releases. Most can be happy for people that get a cool new device. But- there are people on here that take this stuff way too seriously,and they spend their whole day bashing other's devices, opinions,and everything else, instead of enjoying theirs. Those people will be hitting this thread with various claims that their "Evo 3D won't turn on","the screen popped off", "the wi-fi and 4G radio are weak, or don't work","it just burst into flames when I turned it on!",and every other claim you can think of. It's the easiest,sneakiest way to influence other people's perception of a device..and they know it. Unless you truly know someone's credible, take a lot of statements on this thread(and similar ones) with a grain of salt. Just because a member has alot of posts doesn't mean anything. This is especially for those coming from Pre,BB,etc..that may not know these forums,and the things people tend to do. You're making the right choice. The Android family is a close(and exciting!)one.
Everybody just have fun enjoy your device! My Evo 3D will be at my door within the next three hours, and I for one, am excited:) And I just finished writing my first novel!!...and you just finished reading it;) sorry?:-!

Good point! I personally have seen 5 units with 5 owners indicating the greatest thing since sliced bread :) Out of all the 'so called' issues looks like 1-2 maybe actual bugs and even then it seems like it may just be bad luck with a defective unit which happens. Each owner indicated amazing battery, software very smooth, wifi and 4G working perfectly. The 3D option evidently is switchable very quickly and camera/video never looked better. Screen/displays are bright and again..this thing is fast! (it seems to run circles around my 4G running Kings) which is expected but believe it, it is fast and as far as I have heard from these owners and colleges who now have the cells, they love them and have had ZERO issues. Looks like the last OTA fixed wake lock potential issues but I agree..after seeing, comparing to mine, listening to seasoned users etc, looks like a 100% win for HTC/Sprint!

I will have one soon, just waiting to see if any legitimate bugs appear in the next few days after the official release. Looks like it will blow the doors off the original EVO launch! Congrats to all who have it already, I am jealous!

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Man, I got to play with the 3D at Best Buy for a good 10 min, and I gotta say I feel the exact opposite of you. I've got an EVO and the 3D feels like a big upgrade. Right of the bat the speed difference is very noticeable this thing smooth. It's exactly what the EVO 4G should have been. I disagree on the screen too, its not really smaller just not as wide and its a little taller. Which for me as far as texting goes is better, I don't have reach over as far and I don't accidentally touch other letters. The thing I also noticed is the screen is awesome, I mean you can really tell the difference, its just mire vibrant without the Samsung cartoony look. As for the transition you can change those , not a bug deal.I won't lie I was a little worried with all the negative comments, but after trying it out all that is put to rest. Overall I'm totally satisfied with this phone can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Sorry but it is smaller

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Man, I got to play with the 3D at Best Buy for a good 10 min, and I gotta say I feel the exact opposite of you. I've got an EVO and the 3D feels like a big upgrade. Right of the bat the speed difference is very noticeable this thing smooth. It's exactly what the EVO 4G should have been. I disagree on the screen too, its not really smaller just not as wide and its a little taller. Which for me as far as texting goes is better, I don't have reach over as far and I don't accidentally touch other letters. The thing I also noticed is the screen is awesome, I mean you can really tell the difference, its just mire vibrant without the Samsung cartoony look. As for the transition you can change those , not a bug deal.I won't lie I was a little worried with all the negative comments, but after trying it out all that is put to rest. Overall I'm totally satisfied with this phone can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

You don't even have it yet? Post about how much u love it after you get it

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi there... After an insane Odyssey to the UPS warehouse last night, I finally have my EVO 3D.

Anyway, after changing the lock screen icons to show Music instead of Mail, the Phone icon is gone and replaced by a blank icon.

Same thing happened to me

Help?

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Same thing happened to mine and my wifes. We both got our E3D's last night and so far we're really liking em. My power button up top has a bit less travel than her's does and is a bit harder to press. That's not a bad thing it works fine just isn't as sensitive as hers is. Don't think it's a cause for concern though, am I right?