Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 975
Like Tree44Likes
  1. #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mykrlz182 View Post
    Man, I got to play with the 3D at Best Buy for a good 10 min, and I gotta say I feel the exact opposite of you. I've got an EVO and the 3D feels like a big upgrade. Right of the bat the speed difference is very noticeable this thing smooth. It's exactly what the EVO 4G should have been. I disagree on the screen too, its not really smaller just not as wide and its a little taller. Which for me as far as texting goes is better, I don't have reach over as far and I don't accidentally touch other letters. The thing I also noticed is the screen is awesome, I mean you can really tell the difference, its just mire vibrant without the Samsung cartoony look. As for the transition you can change those , not a bug deal.I won't lie I was a little worried with all the negative comments, but after trying it out all that is put to rest. Overall I'm totally satisfied with this phone can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    You don't even have it yet? Post about how much u love it after you get it
  2. #77  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w0rryw0rt View Post
    Hi there... After an insane Odyssey to the UPS warehouse last night, I finally have my EVO 3D.

    Anyway, after changing the lock screen icons to show Music instead of Mail, the Phone icon is gone and replaced by a blank icon.

    Same thing happened to me

    Help?
    Same thing happened to me
  3. #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    Sorry but it is smaller
    Yeah 4.3" for Sure smaller than 4.3"
  4. #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr. burgle View Post
    Yeah 4.3" for Sure smaller than 4.3"

    ? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3
  5. #80  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freshy03 View Post
    Same thing happened to me
    Same thing happened to mine and my wifes. We both got our E3D's last night and so far we're really liking em. My power button up top has a bit less travel than her's does and is a bit harder to press. That's not a bad thing it works fine just isn't as sensitive as hers is. Don't think it's a cause for concern though, am I right?
  6. #81  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    Sorry but it is smaller
    You are blatently incorrect.
  7. #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    ? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3
    Unfortunately I am not stupid due to the fact that I am aware that all consumer electronics screens are measured from corner to corner. Now homework time, go find a 32" 4 by 3 tube television and hold it up to a 32" 16 by 9 television and report back which is bigger. I'm assuming all electronic developers use the hold 2 items against each other rule when measuring.
  8. #83  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,480 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,691 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Talking about problems is ok. Bickering about them, however, is not. If you have something legitimate to add to the conversation then please do. Otherwise skip posting in this thread.
    sed51329, kerred and Easyenough like this.
  9. #84  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    ? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3
    More hardware, for less hardware
    The EVO™ 3D doesn’t require you to wear anything special to get fully immersed in its 4.3” 3D QHD screen.

    Straight from the HTC website guess they're stupid too! As for my posting I just gave my first impression of the phone, which I clearly stated. Don't worry I'll be back to report further when I have it, and I'm sure my opinion won't change unless the phone I played with at Best Buy is completely different. No need to get all worked up, I didn't call you a liar I just stated my opinion.
  10. #85  
    twizted25's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Hey Everyone!

    As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!
    My two issues so far is my purcahse of Nova 3D from Gameloft. After the installation it gives me an error saying the game is not an Original copy of Nova 3D.

    Also Green Hornet does not have license rights.
  11. #86  

    Default

    Only problem that I have seen so far is the battery cover felt like I was gonna break it when I took it off, took me a minute to figure out the best way to get it on and off...The power button is very sensitive, but putting a case on the phone helps to prevent accidental presses, also, you have to find just the right spot to press the volume buttons...

    Other than that the phone is spectacular, its very accurate when it comes to signal strength and switching between roaming...

    Slight details are nice, did anyone notice the inside of the phone is opaque?

    3D on the preloaded pics were disappointing, but I took a couple myself and they were much more user friendly, and the videos look even better...in my opinion the 3D feels more comfortable in my hand than the 4G...
  12. #87  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twizted25 View Post
    My two issues so far is my purcahse of Nova 3D from Gameloft. After the installation it gives me an error saying the game is not an Original copy of Nova 3D.

    Also Green Hornet does not have license rights.
    Have you done the second update which addresses issues with HTC Watch?

    As far as which screen is bigger is concerned, there is no denying it, the Evo 4Gs width and only minimal difference in height makes the Evo 4G's screen look bigger.

    They are both 4.3" only one is more rectangular than the other. Which actually has the larger surface area? Well all it takes is an Evo 4g, an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

    Not sure why there's such heated debate about this, just do the math and declare a "winner"

  13. #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr. burgle View Post
    Unfortunately I am not stupid due to the fact that I am aware that all consumer electronics screens are measured from corner to corner. Now homework time, go find a 32" 4 by 3 tube television and hold it up to a 32" 16 by 9 television and report back which is bigger. I'm assuming all electronic developers use the hold 2 items against each other rule when measuring.
    I have been having such a great laugh reading this. This is my life...trying to explain 4.3 vs. 16.9 aspect ratios and screen surface area to the misinformed. I like how you broke it down. I will have to use that.
  14. #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Have you done the second update which addresses issues with HTC Watch?

    As far as which screen is bigger is concerned, there is no denying it, the Evo 4Gs width and only minimal difference in height makes the Evo 4G's screen look bigger.

    They are both 4.3" only one is more rectangular than the other. Which actually has the larger surface area? Well all it takes is an Evo 4g, an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

    Not sure why there's such heated debate about this, just do the math and declare a "winner"

    Oh I'm not heated, I just normally sound like a d bag
  15. #90  
    rahrah12's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

    Default

    Having trouble getting Facebook to sync with the contacts phones numbers. I have two accounts for everyone...when I try to do it manually it is still not syncing together...frustrating.

    Synergy on the Pre was one of the things I really liked...
  16. #91  

    Default

    former Palm guy here, hope I don't break any rules for this comunity, I just took a tape measure and basic math to my 3D (not the precision tools I have at work)

    I get 3.75 X 2.125 which equals 4.22 square inches of real estate

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Have you done the second update which addresses issues with HTC Watch?

    , an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

    "

  17. #92  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahrah12 View Post
    Having trouble getting Facebook to sync with the contacts phones numbers. I have two accounts for everyone...when I try to do it manually it is still not syncing together...frustrating.

    Synergy on the Pre was one of the things I really liked...
    I'm having the same problem. My problem is that it shows the person's number next to their name when receiving text.

    Sent from my EVO 3D
  18. #93  
    derek5l's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

    Default

    I have had no issues. Been loving it since 3pm yesterday. 3d looks awesome. You also have to realize that not everything will look good in 3d.
  19. #94  
    Deutch's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr. burgle View Post
    Oh I'm not heated, I just normally sound like a d bag
    Now that's some good sh!t...

    So is anyone else not able to get ESPN Scorecenter? Where did it go???
  20. #95  
    tkemack's Avatar

    Posts
    559 Posts
    Carrier
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutch View Post
    Now that's some good sh!t...

    So is anyone else not able to get ESPN Scorecenter? Where did it go???
    I'm still on og evo, said it had an update, clicked OK and it couldn't be found. Didn't try to open it but I did try to uninstall it and no go. Had to uninstall via "manage applications". They either pulled it altogether or its not compatible anymore

    Edit: my tab can't find it either. Leaning towards it was pulled
  21. #96  

    Default

    I realize you guys are arguing about screen size and aspect ratio.

    There is 1 indisputable fact; the text is significantly smaller when viewing everything. I believe it is not a result of the screen size nor aspect ratio. I think it is screen resolution just like when you change your computer monitor to a higher resolution everything gets smaller.

    Fortunately I can easily read everything on my original 4G. For my aging eyes the text size on the 3d is just below my threshold of being able to read.

    For me and others over 40 who choose to not wear glasses (to avoid the weakening of eye muscle focusing) the larger text size on the original 4G is pleasant and comfortable to view.

    Unfortunately for us unless there is a setting now or in the near future to change the resolution, HTC ... Sense ... and Sprint fans like myself will just have to wait a little longer for a new and equally powerful HTC offering that is as easy to view as our original htc EVO 4G.

    Perhaps a Sprint htc Sensation yet I have yet to see the text resolution on the tmo htc Sensation. Now that I think about it, the text resolution on the htc Sensation may very well be the same as the 3D.
    unwired likes this.
  22. #97  

    Default

    oddly my green hornet doesnt seem to be in 3D at all ......


    edit: restart fixed the issue
  23. #98  

    Default

    i swaped my sd card and now i cant get the green hornet. also i download ringtones from myxer n they downloading in a GCD file.
    beside that im lovein the fone
  24. #99  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropndestroy View Post
    i swaped my sd card and now i cant get the green hornet. also i download ringtones from myxer n they downloading in a GCD file.
    beside that im lovein the fone
    Did you copy everything from the original card to your new card?
  25. #100  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris778811 View Post
    ? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3
    Geometry fail. The area of a rectangle is the same no matter what Length and Width are if the Diagonal(H) is the same. A^2+ B^2 = C^2
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions