HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3

Unfortunately I am not stupid due to the fact that I am aware that all consumer electronics screens are measured from corner to corner. Now homework time, go find a 32" 4 by 3 tube television and hold it up to a 32" 16 by 9 television and report back which is bigger. I'm assuming all electronic developers use the hold 2 items against each other rule when measuring.

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
? Are u stupid? 4.3 is from corner to corner diagonal the screen is smaller if you put the evo 4g screen on top of the 3d screen the 4g is bigger so yea 4.3 for sure smaller than 4.3

More hardware, for less hardware
The EVO? 3D doesn?t require you to wear anything special to get fully immersed in its 4.3? 3D QHD screen.

Straight from the HTC website guess they're stupid too! As for my posting I just gave my first impression of the phone, which I clearly stated. Don't worry I'll be back to report further when I have it, and I'm sure my opinion won't change unless the phone I played with at Best Buy is completely different. No need to get all worked up, I didn't call you a liar I just stated my opinion.

twizted25

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!
My two issues so far is my purcahse of Nova 3D from Gameloft. After the installation it gives me an error saying the game is not an Original copy of Nova 3D.

Also Green Hornet does not have license rights.

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Only problem that I have seen so far is the battery cover felt like I was gonna break it when I took it off, took me a minute to figure out the best way to get it on and off...The power button is very sensitive, but putting a case on the phone helps to prevent accidental presses, also, you have to find just the right spot to press the volume buttons...

Other than that the phone is spectacular, its very accurate when it comes to signal strength and switching between roaming...

Slight details are nice, did anyone notice the inside of the phone is opaque?

3D on the preloaded pics were disappointing, but I took a couple myself and they were much more user friendly, and the videos look even better...in my opinion the 3D feels more comfortable in my hand than the 4G...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My two issues so far is my purcahse of Nova 3D from Gameloft. After the installation it gives me an error saying the game is not an Original copy of Nova 3D.

Also Green Hornet does not have license rights.

Have you done the second update which addresses issues with HTC Watch?

As far as which screen is bigger is concerned, there is no denying it, the Evo 4Gs width and only minimal difference in height makes the Evo 4G's screen look bigger.

They are both 4.3" only one is more rectangular than the other. Which actually has the larger surface area? Well all it takes is an Evo 4g, an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

Not sure why there's such heated debate about this, just do the math and declare a "winner"

:)

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I am not stupid due to the fact that I am aware that all consumer electronics screens are measured from corner to corner. Now homework time, go find a 32" 4 by 3 tube television and hold it up to a 32" 16 by 9 television and report back which is bigger. I'm assuming all electronic developers use the hold 2 items against each other rule when measuring.

:D :D :D I have been having such a great laugh reading this. This is my life...trying to explain 4.3 vs. 16.9 aspect ratios and screen surface area to the misinformed. I like how you broke it down. I will have to use that.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

As far as which screen is bigger is concerned, there is no denying it, the Evo 4Gs width and only minimal difference in height makes the Evo 4G's screen look bigger.

They are both 4.3" only one is more rectangular than the other. Which actually has the larger surface area? Well all it takes is an Evo 4g, an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

Not sure why there's such heated debate about this, just do the math and declare a "winner"

Oh I'm not heated, I just normally sound like a d bag

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Having trouble getting Facebook to sync with the contacts phones numbers. I have two accounts for everyone...when I try to do it manually it is still not syncing together...frustrating.

Synergy on the Pre was one of the things I really liked...

divechief

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
former Palm guy here, hope I don't break any rules for this comunity, I just took a tape measure and basic math to my 3D (not the precision tools I have at work)

I get 3.75 X 2.125 which equals 4.22 square inches of real estate

, an Evo 3d, a ruler, and some basic math to figure that one out. Measure the height and width of both screens, and multiply. Whoever gets the biggest number is technically speaking the bigger screen.

"

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble getting Facebook to sync with the contacts phones numbers. I have two accounts for everyone...when I try to do it manually it is still not syncing together...frustrating.

Synergy on the Pre was one of the things I really liked...

I'm having the same problem. My problem is that it shows the person's number next to their name when receiving text.

Sent from my EVO 3D

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had no issues. Been loving it since 3pm yesterday. 3d looks awesome. You also have to realize that not everything will look good in 3d.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Now that's some good sh!t...

So is anyone else not able to get ESPN Scorecenter? Where did it go???
I'm still on og evo, said it had an update, clicked OK and it couldn't be found. Didn't try to open it but I did try to uninstall it and no go. Had to uninstall via "manage applications". They either pulled it altogether or its not compatible anymore

Edit: my tab can't find it either. Leaning towards it was pulled

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I realize you guys are arguing about screen size and aspect ratio.

There is 1 indisputable fact; the text is significantly smaller when viewing everything. I believe it is not a result of the screen size nor aspect ratio. I think it is screen resolution just like when you change your computer monitor to a higher resolution everything gets smaller.

Fortunately I can easily read everything on my original 4G. For my aging eyes the text size on the 3d is just below my threshold of being able to read.

For me and others over 40 who choose to not wear glasses (to avoid the weakening of eye muscle focusing) the larger text size on the original 4G is pleasant and comfortable to view.

Unfortunately for us unless there is a setting now or in the near future to change the resolution, HTC ... Sense ... and Sprint fans like myself will just have to wait a little longer for a new and equally powerful HTC offering that is as easy to view as our original htc EVO 4G.

Perhaps a Sprint htc Sensation yet I have yet to see the text resolution on the tmo htc Sensation. Now that I think about it, the text resolution on the htc Sensation may very well be the same as the 3D.

Reactions: anon(32502)

dropndestroy

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
i swaped my sd card and now i cant get the green hornet. also i download ringtones from myxer n they downloading in a GCD file.
beside that im lovein the fone

OmahaPaul402

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Geometry fail. The area of a rectangle is the same no matter what Length and Width are if the Diagonal(H) is the same. A^2+ B^2 = C^2