HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!

Last edited by a moderator:

resur

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!
Flashlight App is not in the app list. The plugin can be found in the os applications list, but no way to invoke it.

Resur

thedigitel

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the higher resolution display, but I can't stand how they changed the aspect ratio, effectively making the screen skinnier. To me the display feels quite a bit smaller than the evo 4g because of the more elongated shape. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I would have preferred the same screen ratio without any of the 3D features.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Flashlight App is not in the app list. The plugin can be found in the os applications list, but no way to invoke it.

Resur

This was killing me all last night. The users guide said there was a flashlight app but I couldn't find it. I finally gave up looking and downloaded a Flashlight app from the market that lets you use the LEDs (among other things). Still would like the HTC one since I could change the illumination level.

Its one of those things that I don't use often, but when I do its critical. It has saved me more than a few times.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When I start my camera with the toggle switch on 3D, it still starts in 2D sometimes.

I need to switch it to 2D, then back to 3D for the 3D to take effect.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a serious problem.. I don't have an Evo3D till tomorrow! :( :( With my luck the radio shack I preordered at will probably catch fire before I get there burning my Evo.. haha seriously This crap is depressing waiting for this freaking phone.

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My major issue is that mine crapped out and is a paperweight and that Sprint wont let me return it until tomorrow.

While it did work I also noticed the vertical lines, especially in direct sun. I'm assumming this is part of hardware that makes the 3D screen function

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

Not here unless I'm blind, i do not see that.

EVO - LUTION 3D

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's the type of screen that makes 3D viewing possible without glasses.

It sends certain images to your right eye, and then certain images to your left, creating the effect, when you start moving the phone from the 3D's "sweet spot" this is the effect.

BobbyOro

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with google navigation? Telenav works great but if I want to use google navigation it can never acquire the satellites. Just sits there with my location and says acquiring satellites on the bottom.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Becareful when restoring fron backup.. It deleted everything on my SD Card, but restored my old data from my OG Evo... Lol

Would one of you mind uploading your 2d and 3d image folders from your sd card?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When watching a movie on the "Watch" app, the left side of the phone NEEDS to be towards the ground. If you flip it to the right side, the 3D effect messes up.

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The music app is not saving the spot in mp3s. The evo 4g had the same bug but they fixed it, no idea how they could let it happen again on a new phone. It makes listening to audio books and stuff almost impossible. Might have to return it since I listen to audio books most of the day at work.

Also, no battery widget is available either, not just the flashlight is missing