HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi there... After an insane Odyssey to the UPS warehouse last night, I finally have my EVO 3D.

Anyway, after changing the lock screen icons to show Music instead of Mail, the Phone icon is gone and replaced by a blank icon.

Help?

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's the type of screen that makes 3D viewing possible without glasses.

It sends certain images to your right eye, and then certain images to your left, creating the effect, when you start moving the phone from the 3D's "sweet spot" this is the effect.

Yeah, I understand that. The problem is that I can't find the "sweet spot" without one of these vertical waves showing up. Though I suspect it may just be my eyes (have had cataract surgery in both eyes, so they don't focus like a most normal eyes would).

Nonetheless, I doubt I would use the 3D option very often anyway. I just got it for all of the other electronic goodness. So far I'm loving it. :)

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with the Swype keyboard not changing between the symbols and the capital letters. It would just stay on what ever it opened as. If the last character I used was a capital, it would open as a capital letter set. I payed for the "full version" SlideIt and no problems since.

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of anyone's claims so far, however, I thought I should bring up an important point so that people aren't freaking out and canceling their orders...
This is a high profile launch. It's attracting all kinds of attention. Positive and negative.. As some of you have probably noticed, this is one of the most "trolled" phones on the AC forums right now. In general, there are two types of trolls posting here: There's the "self-amused trolls", and there's the most vicious, determined type- the "bitter-trolls:eek: The self-amused are harmless enough,especially when ignored(they know how to get some, uhh..passionate reactions from other members:-\) The bitter ones..they are the ones to watch for on a thread like this. Some are Nexus S 4G owners, upset that the spotlight on their device was very short-lived(the whole signal thing just fuels the fire-I personally don't have the signal issues). Some are original Evo owners with a complex; because it had monster specs at release, they thought that they would have the most powerful hardware for the next decade, and that no phone would ever one-up theirs. Some of them truly do believe that they are entitled to compatibility with every app, OS update, accessory,etc..because their phone "had 4G first"(that one still cracks me up every time:D) Some just feel screwed by HTC and want other people to hate them too. I don't want to offend anyone on this thread, because we are all excited for the same thing. The original Evo is a GREAT phone. The Nexus S 4G is a GREAT phone(I own one myself). Most of us like android devices all around, and we're excited about every cool one that releases. Most can be happy for people that get a cool new device. But- there are people on here that take this stuff way too seriously,and they spend their whole day bashing other's devices, opinions,and everything else, instead of enjoying theirs. Those people will be hitting this thread with various claims that their "Evo 3D won't turn on","the screen popped off", "the wi-fi and 4G radio are weak, or don't work","it just burst into flames when I turned it on!",and every other claim you can think of. It's the easiest,sneakiest way to influence other people's perception of a device..and they know it. Unless you truly know someone's credible, take a lot of statements on this thread(and similar ones) with a grain of salt. Just because a member has alot of posts doesn't mean anything. This is especially for those coming from Pre,BB,etc..that may not know these forums,and the things people tend to do. You're making the right choice. The Android family is a close(and exciting!)one.
Everybody just have fun enjoy your device! My Evo 3D will be at my door within the next three hours, and I for one, am excited:) And I just finished writing my first novel!!...and you just finished reading it;) sorry?:-!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My 3d just died on the way to work, now it will not boot or charge... not liking sprint right now!

Last night i took my battery out to backup my sd and mine did the same thing... It took like 6 battery and sd pulls before it booted back up.... So just keep doing that and it will come on eventually

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

vip_status

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Last night i took my battery out to backup my sd and mine did the same thing... It took like 6 battery and sd pulls before it booted back up.... So just keep doing that and it will come on eventually

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

I have done that numerous times through out today... still no dice... I'm unhappy.. but i'm off tomorrow and will be at the sprint store in the AM

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of anyone's claims so far, however, I thought I should bring up an important point so that people aren't freaking out and canceling their orders...
This is a high profile launch. It's attracting all kinds of attention. Positive and negative.. As some of you have probably noticed, this is one of the most "trolled" phones on the AC forums right now. In general, there are two types of trolls posting here: There's the "self-amused trolls", and there's the most vicious, determined type- the "bitter-trolls:eek: The self-amused are harmless enough,especially when ignored(they know how to get some, uhh..passionate reactions from other members:-\) The bitter ones..they are the ones to watch for on a thread like this. Some are Nexus S 4G owners, upset that the spotlight on their device was very short-lived(the whole signal thing just fuels the fire-I personally don't have the signal issues). Some are original Evo owners with a complex; because it had monster specs at release, they thought that they would have the most powerful hardware for the next decade, and that no phone would ever one-up theirs. Some of them truly do believe that they are entitled to compatibility with every app, OS update, accessory,etc..because their phone "had 4G first"(that one still cracks me up every time:D) Some just feel screwed by HTC and want other people to hate them too. I don't want to offend anyone on this thread, because we are all excited for the same thing. The original Evo is a GREAT phone. The Nexus S 4G is a GREAT phone(I own one myself). Most of us like android devices all around, and we're excited about every cool one that releases. Most can be happy for people that get a cool new device. But- there are people on here that take this stuff way too seriously,and they spend their whole day bashing other's devices, opinions,and everything else, instead of enjoying theirs. Those people will be hitting this thread with various claims that their "Evo 3D won't turn on","the screen popped off", "the wi-fi and 4G radio are weak, or don't work","it just burst into flames when I turned it on!",and every other claim you can think of. It's the easiest,sneakiest way to influence other people's perception of a device..and they know it. Unless you truly know someone's credible, take a lot of statements on this thread(and similar ones) with a grain of salt. Just because a member has alot of posts doesn't mean anything. This is especially for those coming from Pre,BB,etc..that may not know these forums,and the things people tend to do. You're making the right choice. The Android family is a close(and exciting!)one.
Everybody just have fun enjoy your device! My Evo 3D will be at my door within the next three hours, and I for one, am excited:) And I just finished writing my first novel!!...and you just finished reading it;) sorry?:-!
Wow, could not have said it better myself! People just need to realize that in the technology world, the next big thing is always just around the corner. Just as this phone gets released, we'll be a month or two away from the Photon and Within, then after that will be the new Nexus, then after that... it's just a cycle. I'm just happy to be a Gold Premier customer so I can catch that train every June. :D

Reactions: kerred

OhioCalling

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 2 and Only 1 Works

I ordered 2 EVO3D under the SP FTB program. They were shipped and received the next day :) The defective phone would try and boot, get through the flash screens and start to load the home screen then power off. :(

I called Sprint and spent about approximately 3 hours on the phone with Technical Support at 3 different levels. Tried several things to get the phone to boot up with no success. Finally they agreed it was a defective unit and are sending me another one as a replacement. Of course the replacement is not coming today, evidently replacements can not be shipped to arrive overnight like the original order. :mad:

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is I dont have one yet!!!!! Is anyone else contemplating calling in sick tomorrow? "cough, cough" I will be in line at 8am with my pre-order gift card in hand. If i dont come out with a 3D by 9am I am taking the floor model and running! :)

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is a joke. Completely died in 2.5 hours. I appear to be the exception. Also if I reboot, any app that is on the home evermore and the SD loses its icon. Reverts to the generic android icon.