HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

dan2695

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Wow. Sucks to see so many people having issues. my evo 3d has been flawless all day. But I have to ask. My four front face button are bright, really bright. I though these would change according to how you had the display brightness set up. But regardless if its completely bright or as dark as it can go, the buttons are as bright as ever. Anyone else have this? Or everyone? Kind of sucks having these burning holes in my eyes while using phone in the dark.

dan2695

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to give +1 to swype issues. Seems to have started after the htc update. The trace line doesn't show, and pressing sym doesn't change the keyboard to show numbers or symbols keyboards, though it still types them out. Either that or its just really laggy, can't tell yet.
I had the same issue. But happened to me while using Go SMS. Started using the stock android messaging app now swype works prefect.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Heres a good one, hope it wasnt mentioned...
Ever since I put my old evo memory card in my 3d plays music at random and stops on its own after a minute or so. I cant stop it. I go and look everywhere, nothing. So weird. Also, my apps on sd arent showing up? Do I have to import or something?

Btw, my old evo was rooted. Makes a difference maybe?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if this happens to everyones but I was charging and playing a game and the top half of the back, including the camera, was very warm and burned my hands a little.

lopezzito

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone tried the video chat, if so does the image of the other person shows upside down ! I used Fringe and Tango!

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone tried the video chat, if so does the image of the other person shows upside down ! I used Fringe and Tango!

While this may not be directly helpful, when using qik on my evo4g talking to someone on an iphone it happened and we couldn't fix it. Haven't given a try on my 3D yet. Will update tomorrow.

Dreamtrader

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I have no issues. My new EVO 3D performs like a champ. The only thing I don't like is the aspect ratio, nut I'll get use to it.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The ONLY issue I ran into was the 3D content not working on YouTube or GreenHornet playing in 3D.

The gallery 3D images worked, but youtube and greenhornet did not. They played in 2D, had to hard reset through MSL means to get it to work again.

Anybody know of a fix, incase it happens again?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When im watching netflix or green hornet and if I hold the volume either + or - the frame skips. Also mine doesn't seem as smooth with scrolling and is a bit jittery.

gbumoon

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?
dude, for sure, 3D effect is fun for like 20 minutes, then it's just more trouble than it's worth. I wish they had just equipped the 8mp camera on the back, or if they were going to include to 5mp camera, use one in the front for apps like Skype while on WiFi.. and for "hold the camera up" style picture taking.

shin.andy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The biggest problem i have right now is when I rotate my phone and rotate it back... My screen goes black and the bottom buttons are still lighted. The phone's screen goes black and I have to do a battery pull. Also, why the heck is it so hard to pull the cover out?!

hyabusha

May 11, 2010
Visit site

when I move apps to SD, the widget disappears from the home screen, and disappears from the app drawer... ;(

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

I seem to be having a charging problem. The usb charging cable seems to be loose inside the charging port. The charging light goes on and off. I have to reseat it to get it to work. I don't want to go back and exchange, but I hope this what stay a problem. Anyone else having this problem? I also tried another usb charging cord, and still the same problem. Could it be a bad port?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having a charging problem. The usb charging cable seems to be loose inside the charging port. The charging light goes on and off. I have to reseat it to get it to work. I don't want to go back and exchange, but I hope this what stay a problem. Anyone else having this problem? I also tried another usb charging cord, and still the same problem. Could it be a bad port?

My cord is tight as hell in the charging port

EVO - LUTION 3D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll try again, could someone check out what happens when they try to save a video from youtube. When I hit save a pop up comes up and says "save to ", and that's it,, no options.

EVO - LUTION 3D

willrusso

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Check your charging ports for debris. When I got home yesterday, I noticed a fleck of red metallic paint inside the port. I had to pull it out with tweezers. I'm glad I saw it before I tried to plug the phone in. Maybe that's why some folks are having charging problems.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

So I really like the new gingerbread feature that tells you when you are looking at your apps and on the tab "On SD Card" it lets you know which apps on your phone can be moved to the SD card without you having to click into the individual app itself. However, my phone does not seem to be doing that all the time. Sometimes the app I download gets picked up and sometimes I have to physically click in the app itself to see if it can be moved to SD. Is anyone else experiencing this?

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

So to answer my own question...

1) I looked at a demo unit in the store, and it exhibits the same "look"... however...

2) I have found that the 3D effect is highly, extremely, and completely dependent on the content. Many of the 3D sample photos on the phone don't look good to me. However, many of 3D videos on Youtube look very good.

3) I also found that I was holding the phone too far from my face ... the effect is very dependent on distance from your eyes, and the angle. It also takes your brain a few seconds for the effect to work.

In the end, I consider the 3D technology alpha stage at best. But it's quite cool when it looks right. Having said that, everything else about the phone is very nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12