HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

thecoloredsky

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

I was playing angry birds then exited. Checked HTC apps killer and stopped a few apps. Then tried to dial a number and the keypad was locked. Exited a few times, went back to the phone app... Nothing. I couldn't even tap a contact. So I restarted and it solved the problem.

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Now 37 pages? Yesterday I checked 25 pages. :( :( :( :( :( What's up with EVO 3D? i wish this EVO 3D doesn't run 3D though.

Care to tell what issues mostly?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to remove the icon from the grid after uninstalling an app? I uninstalled two app's but BOTH icons are still showing up on the grid (driving me crazy)

Yes press it and hold when it lights up then swipe it down to bottom right off screen

EVO - LUTION 3D

Atomic2Mod

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Just got mine yesterday, coming from the EVO 4G.
While I was looking forward to a phone that is just a bit narrower and thinner than the EVO, so I could slip it into my jeans pocket easier, I was NOT prepared for the distortion this brought with it. While it is narrower, the screen is still the same length, messing up the ratio.

Things look tiny on the screen, compared to the EVO, Icons are small, but with huge gaps between them.

I installed Launcher Pro right away, and while I can make better use of the space now, it also looks a bit cramped.

There is a slight problem with the system killing off the Launcher Pro, and constantly asking me, which home screen I want to use (Sense, LP), and it just doesn't seem to stick. I enable the "stay in memory" button in LP, but it still occurs.

Hoping to get used to this phone. Not disappointed, but need to warm up to it.

Edit: This time, after it asked me which home screen to use, LP came back on, without ANY widgets, except for the LP widgets. Blazes......

Last edited:

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I really love this phone! The largest issue I have is that I feel both the ringer and speaker volume are not loud enough.

rickelia

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

So where is the green hornet movie?

If you go to the app list there is a "The Green Hornet", if you dont see it, like I didn't, you need to put in the 8GB microSD card that came with your new Evo 3D. I had my older 32 GB microSD card in the Evo 3D so I when I clicked on the link or went to the HTC Watch application I did not see the movie.

CommanderJR

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Hey peeps...curious, have any of you noticed widget problems with widgets other than what HTC supplies. Graphical issues that cause fuzzy lines across the widgets? for example...the springpad and pulse widgets do this. If i reboot the phone it fixes it...but only temporarily. Also, anyone noticing phone problems particularly with calling sprint?

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

phone seems to work great my only problem is, the lockscreen weather app never works. i have to manually update by opening weather app and hitting refresh. unless i do this i always get no data available. it's really annoying.

Also went in the settings and it has the area grayed out for options on how often to check for update.

anyone have this issue?

Dagnillo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

phone seems to work great my only problem is, the lockscreen weather app never works. i have to manually update by opening weather app and hitting refresh. unless i do this i always get no data available. it's really annoying.

Also went in the settings and it has the area grayed out for options on how often to check for update.

anyone have this issue?

Do you have weather enabled under the accounts and sync settings?

Reactions: 05 TypeS DC5

825armando

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi there... After an insane Odyssey to the UPS warehouse last night, I finally have my EVO 3D.

Anyway, after changing the lock screen icons to show Music instead of Mail, the Phone icon is gone and replaced by a blank icon.

Help?

That happen to me too!!! Any luck ... how to fixed

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Anyone been able to find the htc news and weather widget that was on the evo 4g?

Last edited:

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

That happen to me too!!! Any luck ... how to fixed

All I had to do was update the HTC software (in the About Phone part of Settings). Apparently, it was a bug a lot of people had.

Is there a way to remove this annoying letter "A" in the top left corner of my phone everytime I pull the unlock ring?? I wish I could screenshoot it, but it's there for a split second everytime i turn on my phone or start an app, with a black background. It may or may not have something to do with the fact i installed some defective emulator ROM searchers and old, obsolete emulators (apparently they dont work, but i didnt know that).

Help, please! :(

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

I tried sending the User Guide to my phone via GMail as an attachment and it will not give me an option to save it to the phone. How can I get this phone to allow me to save the attachment?

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm just having an issue where when i send a text, and the person replies to me within just a couple seconds of me sending mine, their message appears ABOVE my text instead of below it, and causes the phone to not make any sort of notification that a message had been received from them..

Basically:

1.) I send txt
2.) Person sends txt back seconds later
3.) Person's txt appears above my txt
4.) No notification or alert is displayed/sounded by the phone indicating a txt was received

Any ideas on this??

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

A bug I notice is that every time I restart the phone, the apps that I have installed on the memory card that i have shortcuts for on the home screen dont show up correctly. Their icon is gone and a default android icon shows up.

I hope the OP can edit his original post to note all the problems and bugs reported throughout this thread.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site

A bug I notice is that every time I restart the phone, the apps that I have installed on the memory card that i have shortcuts for on the home screen dont show up correctly. Their icon is gone and a default android icon shows up.

I hope the OP can edit his original post to note all the problems and bugs reported throughout this thread.

haven't had this problem, but you had a great idea with editing the the OP with the bugs lol

mustangmelish

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm just having an issue where when i send a text, and the person replies to me within just a couple seconds of me sending mine, their message appears ABOVE my text instead of below it, and causes the phone to not make any sort of notification that a message had been received from them..

Basically:

1.) I send txt
2.) Person sends txt back seconds later
3.) Person's txt appears above my txt
4.) No notification or alert is displayed/sounded by the phone indicating a txt was received

Any ideas on this??

As far as it listing that message before yours: My old samsung phone (and Evo 3D) did this if the person replies within the same minute (I.e. you send a text at 6:04 p.m. and receive a text back from that person at 6:04 p.m.). Then for some reason, the phone puts their message before yours. I think that's just how the android system is programmed for some reason

As far as not getting an alert: Even when this has happened, I have always gotten an alert for the message. I have no idea why you aren't getting one.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried sending the User Guide to my phone via GMail as an attachment and it will not give me an option to save it to the phone. How can I get this phone to allow me to save the attachment?

It's a thing with the stock gmail app, if you go to gmail through the web browser you can save it just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781