HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

madkuma

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

1) From what I know, there is setting to disable background apps in ICS. You can use apps like task killer and kill the background apps that you don't want frequently but that will still not disable the background apps. (I rooted mine and I'm trying to do exactly the opposite. I am trying to continuously run some app in the background but system seems to keep on terminating the app. I use app called "system tuner" to manage/observe which apps are running in the background.) I'm not sure how far you can use this app if you don't have your EVO 3D rooted but I am able to freeze/disable some apps if I know I don't need them. If you know there are apps that you don't need running in the background then you can freeze them using this app even if they are apps you installed. Very useful app!!!

2) As far as screen brightness goes, there is a setting to adjust the screen brightness but there it will not turn down the brightness automatically. Again you have to find an app that you'd like. I'm sure there are apps out there that turns brightness down when battery is low. I personally like "display brightness" widget and control my screen brightness. Widget is extremely easy to access and it does not get in your way.

I hope this helped a little.

If anyone have solved the issue regarding Notification LED turning off after 5 minutes, please let me know. I'd also like know that is it true that if you keep the LED flashing for long time it will drain the battery? It is very hard to believe. Please let me know any information regarding on this case.

Thank you

madkuma

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to add one more thing to Stalemate 1.

If you have rooted your phone then I feel like this app may be an app you are looking for even though it may be annoying a little. App is called "Droidwall" it lets you choose which apps you allow to have wifi and 3g connection. If you don't want some app to waste your 3g connection then you can use this app. I am not sure if this "3g" include 2g and 4g. If you test it please let me know.

Thanks

madkuma

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I solved the issue to these problems. I had to root my phone to fix this problem. (2. Used PNF app, 3. Used smartsync disabler app)

2) My phone does not push notification sometimes such as Emails and Texts when I am using only Wifi. (Maybe it is the Wifi problem)
"Push Notification Fixer" seemed like a really nice program but I do not have the phone rooted.
3) My Wifi stops the connection after the phone goes to sleep. (I made Wifi always be on under the settings)

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

For a while now i`ve been having some sort of problem with my battery. I believe my charging socket somehow got bigger than it should be, cause i can`t charge it from the original charger (the usb keeps wiggling and the phone keeps jumping between charging and not charging like crazy). Anyways, i noticed something wrong with my battery icon at occasions, and this seems to happen randomly, along with a quick green - red LED flash.http://i43.tinypic.com/5xor68.jpg This is what i`m talking about. Any help is much appreciated :D

Regards

Mine does the same thing. I did 2 things to remedy this. I took a safety pin and bent out the clasps on the charge cable because they were sunken in.

On the phone itself I removed the back cover and bent both sides of the bottom of the charge port upward. You will see there are two separate flaps there. It's not perfect but it helps a lot. I have to re bend the charge port every so often when it gets loose again. Not sure how many times it will work before the metal breaks but it's working well for now.

wbw1mi

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Since last update I am unable to download and delete pics, albums, etc...
Went to Settings/Connect to PC/Ask Me is checked.
I no longer get asked about what connection type I would like to use.
Have a lot of pics to download and then delete off of the phone.
Suggestions?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

How many of us performed OTAs before the hassles started ?

those who did not do an OTA, what version of Android are you running ? is it ICS ?

I only started to experience issues after a week or two after performing an OTA (from gingerbread- Android 2.3________too_______ICS-Android 4.0.3)

before that my device was perfect.

Irene Sheridan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

My HTC evo 3d will not connect to my home wi-fi. it has always connected until this week.
Hey Everyone!

As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!

qiouzbone

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello

I have a rooted htc evo 3d phone (with custom rom) and i face problems with the functions of the phone. for example sometimes it seems like it takes the control of itself. it seems to click on buttons by itself without im doing anything, then it stucks, it zooms in and out when iam browsing, it changes screens by itself. and i wonder if it is a software problem or is a problem with the touch screen. i made factory reset, i flashed 2 different roms but the problem still remains. what else can i do?

Thanks a lot

Nicholas Domingue

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Whenever I download videos they are stored in 2 files, gallery & browser. So a 250MB video takes up 500MB of my SD card; therefore only half of the card's capacity is available for me as far as downloaded media. Is there a way to change it so that it stores only in gallery? (HTC EVO 3D)

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Whenever I download videos they are stored in 2 files, gallery & browser. So a 250MB video takes up 500MB of my SD card; therefore only half of the card's capacity is available for me as far as downloaded media. Is there a way to change it so that it stores only in gallery? (HTC EVO 3D)

What browser do you use to download them ?
And what website do you download them from ?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

My HTC evo 3d will not connect to my home wi-fi. it has always connected until this week.

Try a cold boot (turn phone off, take battery out, take out sim card, wait 3 minutes and put it all back in and switch phone on, dont forget to switch on your WiFi again if its off) did this work ?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello

I have a rooted htc evo 3d phone (with custom rom) and i face problems with the functions of the phone. for example sometimes it seems like it takes the control of itself. it seems to click on buttons by itself without im doing anything, then it stucks, it zooms in and out when iam browsing, it changes screens by itself. and i wonder if it is a software problem or is a problem with the touch screen. i made factory reset, i flashed 2 different roms but the problem still remains. what else can i do?

Thanks a lot

Flash everything and try pure stock...if you didn't root I would have recommended using your warranty but if the worst comes to the worst you will have to send it in to a technician or repair shop.

Using Windows since 1998

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Since last update I am unable to download and delete pics, albums, etc...
Went to Settings/Connect to PC/Ask Me is checked.
I no longer get asked about what connection type I would like to use.
Have a lot of pics to download and then delete off of the phone.
Suggestions?

Are you using the default gallery ?
Are you rooted ?
Did you try a reboot with a battery pull.
Did you try a factory reset ?

If no good then download a file manger from Google play. Es file explorer is a good one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=LSvh82nc

Please let me know if this helps.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to add one more thing to Stalemate 1.

If you have rooted your phone then I feel like this app may be an app you are looking for even though it may be annoying a little. App is called "Droidwall" it lets you choose which apps you allow to have wifi and 3g connection. If you don't want some app to waste your 3g connection then you can use this app. I am not sure if this "3g" include 2g and 4g. If you test it please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks I found a fire wall called mobiwal or something, its a firewall that does not require root.

Using Windows since 1998

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

My battery life is a joke. Completely died in 2.5 hours. I appear to be the exception. Also if I reboot, any app that is on the home evermore and the SD loses its icon. Reverts to the generic android icon.

My battery is the same, if I stream videos from YouTube or browse the web constantly my battery will last about 3 Hours.

As1an1nvas1on

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Only problems I've had were terrible battery and the amount of RAM. The battery was fixed with an extended one, RAM I'll just have to live with. Running 4.3 strong!

AyooDreaah

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

My phone turn off one day, and since that day it wont turn back on. Anyway I did that hold the power button and the down volume and at the top it says its lock. I never installed anything I can remember. Can anyone help please?? :(

Sent from my SGH-T599N using AC Forums mobile app

M Farooq

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

hello guys I am in desperate need of help I have been searching on net since weeks but no luck....
I have htc evo 3d with ICS hboot 1.530007 a week back the fone started to restart on its own and kept doing this many time sin a day then on day it restarted and then i was having the error of no signal i checked my phone information and it had unknown baseband no imei den i rooted the htc evo 3d and had CWM recovery but it didnt had any EFS folder as people were saying there should be in the root explorer. well I have been searching i dunno wat is the problem is it hardware or software or can it be recovered in working condition but if someone can help me or guide me I be very thankfull I love my phone and i want to use it again :(( pleasee anyone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek