HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

M127

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Call me crazy, but why no hdmi out? Evo 4g had it, why take it away?

Also, not feeling the battery charger port on the side, instead of the bottom or even the top?
It makes it terrible to watch Netflix w/ the power plugged in.

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Yes it is set to sync.

And I tried Google and it doesn't work either. Where is another option to immediatley get mail...wasn't having this problem until the 1.13.update.
I am not able to get gmail immediately. In settings on the gmail account, the fastest frequency I can see is every 5 minutes. On my Pre I had a frequency setting called as items arrive. Am I missing something?

Faint

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I can't open MMS group text message most of the time when I receive them from people with iPhones (about 98% of them), it's already annoying enough that i can't participate in the conversation. But now that I can't even read them and I'm receiving ~20 text every 30 minutes. :(

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I am not able to get gmail immediately. In settings on the gmail account, the fastest frequency I can see is every 5 minutes. On my Pre I had a frequency setting called as items arrive. Am I missing something?

yeah i miss that too

flipdippy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Time will fix this but all the 4x1 Widgets don't scale right like Pulse, Simi clock, Springpad.

Still don't like there being no easy way to hide app labels.

Having 3g data issues but no 4g or voice issues.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Anyone know how to stop the sense screens from spinning in a circle when you try to switch screens too quickly?

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Are you using the actuall GMAIL app and not the generic email app?

On a side note my gmails have been coming in slow today. Might be a google problem today.
I'm not sure what you mean by generic email app. I set up gmail along with exchange when I first got the phone

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I posted this earlier, but the answer I got didn't work for me. My battery stops charging at 99%. Last night, I charged it and woke up with it at 97% (It was at 82 when I went to sleep). Is anyone else having the problem of it not charging all the way to 100%?

It's to prevent over-charging of the battery to prolong it's life.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy, but why no hdmi out? Evo 4g had it, why take it away?

Also, not feeling the battery charger port on the side, instead of the bottom or even the top?
It makes it terrible to watch Netflix w/ the power plugged in.

It uses MHL, the charging port is the HDMI out. It will also charge the phone when using HDMI out (when used with an MHL ready HDMI port)

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

25 pages?!?! Are you kidding me??? EVO 3D must be giving you issues. Damn. Thanks for information. I'm gonna think I might change my mind-- NOT buy EVO 3D and DO buy Nexus S 4G (Pure Google). I don't care about 3D pictures.....

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
25 pages?!?! Are you kidding me??? EVO 3D must be giving you issues. Damn. Thanks for information. I'm gonna think I might change my mind-- NOT buy EVO 3D and DO buy Nexus S 4G (Pure Google). I don't care about 3D pictures.....
A lot of the questions in here aren't phone problems, but yet user issues...I haven't really had a problem yet that hasn't been fixed already...the phone has only been available for a few days...I love it...I had the NS4G and I took it back cuz it had major signal issues, and I'm glad I did cuz almost 2 months later there's still no fix...where's your speedy updates Google?

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the questions in here aren't phone problems, but yet user issues...I haven't really had a problem yet that hasn't been fixed already...the phone has only been available for a few days...I love it...I had the NS4G and I took it back cuz it had major signal issues, and I'm glad I did cuz almost 2 months later there's still no fix...where's your speedy updates Google?

Ditto with your story...glad I returned the ns4g and sense is not that bad afterall...so many haters out there had me worried...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by generic email app. I set up gmail along with exchange when I first got the phone

He meant that there are two apps. One called Gmail (just for Gmail accounts) and another app called Email, which let's you sync various email accounts including Gmail accounts.

Regardless, there is still no immediate email sync like on WEBOS which has an option to select "as items arrives "

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Now I have another problem with Yahoo mail. I couldn't get it to pull down email, so I loaded the Yahoo app and it worked fine, but now I want to delete the account from the EVO mail client and it's not showing up in the Accounts menu.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

He meant that there are two apps. One called Gmail (just for Gmail accounts) and another app called Email, which let's you sync various email accounts including Gmail accounts.

Regardless, there is still no immediate email sync like on WEBOS which has an option to select "as items arrives "

I dont get why people keep saying this. Gmail is automatically push mail if you use the gmail app and set it to sync. It comes "as items arrive" by default.

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I dont get why people keep saying this. Gmail is automatically push mail if you use the gmail app and set it to sync. It comes "as items arrive" by default.
I like to use the EMAIL client to view all my email accounts from one APP. Most of my emails are from work using Exchange. It would be nice to have "as items arrive" option in the EMAIL app for Gmail.

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You can, just delete the gmail account and recreate it as an exchange account.

Server m.google.com
Username your full email, an it works as push email

Sent from my Nook Color

jjbrotherton

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

You can, just delete the gmail account and recreate it as an exchange account.

Server m.google.com
Username your full email, an it works as push email

Sent from my Nook Color
I have my Gmail account setup under "Mail". How do you change the settings to make it push? Under settings / Send & Receive / Update Schedule / Peak Times, the shortest frequency is 5 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol