Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

I'm just having an issue where when i send a text, and the person replies to me within just a couple seconds of me sending mine, their message appears ABOVE my text instead of below it, and causes the phone to not make any sort of notification that a message had been received from them..

Basically:

1.) I send txt
    2.) Person sends txt back seconds later
    3.) Person's txt appears above my txt
    4.) No notification or alert is displayed/sounded by the phone indicating a txt was received

Any ideas on this??

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

A bug I notice is that every time I restart the phone, the apps that I have installed on the memory card that i have shortcuts for on the home screen dont show up correctly. Their icon is gone and a default android icon shows up.

I hope the OP can edit his original post to note all the problems and bugs reported throughout this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    A bug I notice is that every time I restart the phone, the apps that I have installed on the memory card that i have shortcuts for on the home screen dont show up correctly. Their icon is gone and a default android icon shows up.

I hope the OP can edit his original post to note all the problems and bugs reported throughout this thread.
    haven't had this problem, but you had a great idea with editing the the OP with the bugs lol

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HikariNoKitsune View Post
    I'm just having an issue where when i send a text, and the person replies to me within just a couple seconds of me sending mine, their message appears ABOVE my text instead of below it, and causes the phone to not make any sort of notification that a message had been received from them..

Basically:

1.) I send txt
    2.) Person sends txt back seconds later
    3.) Person's txt appears above my txt
    4.) No notification or alert is displayed/sounded by the phone indicating a txt was received

Any ideas on this??
    As far as it listing that message before yours: My old samsung phone (and Evo 3D) did this if the person replies within the same minute (I.e. you send a text at 6:04 p.m. and receive a text back from that person at 6:04 p.m.). Then for some reason, the phone puts their message before yours. I think that's just how the android system is programmed for some reason

As far as not getting an alert: Even when this has happened, I have always gotten an alert for the message. I have no idea why you aren't getting one.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    I tried sending the User Guide to my phone via GMail as an attachment and it will not give me an option to save it to the phone. How can I get this phone to allow me to save the attachment?
    It's a thing with the stock gmail app, if you go to gmail through the web browser you can save it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gmelish View Post
    As far as it listing that message before yours: My old samsung phone (and Evo 3D) did this if the person replies within the same minute (I.e. you send a text at 6:04 p.m. and receive a text back from that person at 6:04 p.m.). Then for some reason, the phone puts their message before yours. I think that's just how the android system is programmed for some reason

As far as not getting an alert: Even when this has happened, I have always gotten an alert for the message. I have no idea why you aren't getting one.
    Yea.. Its rather annoying really.. I just noticed I had a text message from 10 minutes ago, because of this problem >.<;

Hopefully there is some way to get it fixed, cause i text alot, and the people i text to usually text back within that one minute. Did your other phone ever fix itself with an update or anything?

same thing for me android apps on sd card on home screen not showing right logo but rather market logo.. lol now if i drag to trash bin and than put it back on home screens the logo will pop back up. weird its not a huge problem but rather annoying..

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddyknights View Post
    same thing for me android apps on sd card on home screen not showing right logo but rather market logo.. lol now if i drag to trash bin and than put it back on home screens the logo will pop back up. weird its not a huge problem but rather annoying..
    This problem has been mentioned earlier. It hasn't been resolved yet (likely a software update) but if you change your HTC scene/theme or force-stop HTC Sense it will reload your icons.

It generally happens after a fresh restart.
    Thanked by:
    fraz 

I am new to using android and the EVO 3D is my first android phone and hopefully there is a simple fix for this. The weather that displays on the home screen doesn't display all the time and says no data available. If i click on it and manually refresh it it works but sometimes goes away after I go off of it and come back to the main screen. I noticed this a lot when going around and into different cities in my area, or it will display the neighboring city and not the city I am currently in. Is anyone else experiencing this or have a fix for this?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigG819 View Post
    I am new to using android and the EVO 3D is my first android phone and hopefully there is a simple fix for this. The weather that displays on the home screen doesn't display all the time and says no data available. If i click on it and manually refresh it it works but sometimes goes away after I go off of it and come back to the main screen. I noticed this a lot when going around and into different cities in my area, or it will display the neighboring city and not the city I am currently in. Is anyone else experiencing this or have a fix for this?
    I (so far) haven't had much trouble with this, although I did with my EVO 4G. Right now all I can suggest is to make sure you have your GPS, use wireless networks, and location settings all turned on. You can also save different locations manually, although this is not as nice as having the phone detect it automatically.

The dedicated camera button seems to jiggle around. That's the only problem I have with the phone

Quote Originally Posted by deevah View Post
    One other helpful hint for those of us who are perfectionist's and can't stand the constant finger prints on the screen. Go to Best Buy and buy the anti-glare/anti-finger tip screen protector. It's $25.99 and they charge $8.00 to put it on but it's totally worth it!!!
    And its only 10.00 if you buy the phone at the same time.Then 8.00 to put it on.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HikariNoKitsune View Post
    Yea.. Its rather annoying really.. I just noticed I had a text message from 10 minutes ago, because of this problem >.<;

Hopefully there is some way to get it fixed, cause i text alot, and the people i text to usually text back within that one minute. Did your other phone ever fix itself with an update or anything?
    Nope, it never got fixed. I always received a notification though. Hopefully yours starts to at least get notifications..

Quote Originally Posted by w0rryw0rt View Post

Is there a way to remove an annoying letter "A" i'm getting in the top left corner of my phone everytime I pull the unlock ring?? I wish I could screenshoot it, but it's there for a split second everytime i turn on my phone or start an app, with a black background. It may or may not have something to do with the fact i installed some defective emulator ROM searchers and old, obsolete emulators (apparently they dont work, but i didnt know that).

Help, please!
    Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    This was killing me all last night. The users guide said there was a flashlight app but I couldn't find it. I finally gave up looking and downloaded a Flashlight app from the market that lets you use the LEDs (among other things). Still would like the HTC one since I could change the illumination level.

Its one of those things that I don't use often, but when I do its critical. It has saved me more than a few times.
    you guys should look up the flashlight app in the forum, someone posted the apk link containing the actual htc app for the flashlight: Flashlight.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download, all second party ones just don't add up, also if any of you miss the other htc apps/widgets (such as battery level) download the following zip file onto your micro usb and then download them with an app like androzip: http://www.market4android.com/wp-con...eleasekeys.zip

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w0rryw0rt View Post
    Anyone??
    You got me on that one. You could try changing lock screens then changing back, or if you are desperate you could do a factory reset.

Remember how there was all the fuss about what kind of material was covering the lenses on the back?

Well, turns out, whatever it is, it sucks. My daughter grabbed and dropped my phone about 6 inches onto a pretty forgiving plastic/wood end table and one of the glass parts over a lense is cracked.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    Remember how there was all the fuss about what kind of material was covering the lenses on the back?

Well, turns out, whatever it is, it sucks. My daughter grabbed and dropped my phone about 6 inches onto a pretty forgiving plastic/wood end table and one of the glass parts over a lense is cracked.

Awesome.
    Yep, a razor blade scratched mine real nice...don't even ask how it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post

Awesome.
    No one ever said it was child proof!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deevah View Post
    P.S. sounds like you may have a defective phone. I would take it back and get the store to swap it...that way you will get another phone with the green hornet.
    the "Green Hornet" certainly isn't worth that much effort.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post
    Also either my eyes are really messed up which I don't think they are but my 3d pictures and video is messed up. All the pre installed pictures and ones I have taken are really blurry and dark. There are constant vertical lines. They do look 3d but the image just seems really bad and off. Basicly the pictures are not usable. Anyone else having these problems? Thanks.
    Hold the phone landscape not portrait. 3D only works in landscape.

Mine works in both.

Got the Evo 3D today after returning the Nexus S b/c of the horrendous signal issues I was having. But when waking the phone up from sleep, the screen appears completely gray and dim, but you can just make out images if you hold it at the right angle. It stays this way until you put it back in sleep and immediately hit the power button again. Only then does the screen completely turn on.

I've updated the firmware, but it didn't stop and have yanked out the battery several times. Anyone else having this problem, or am I dealing with a lone defective unit?

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have had several calls go directly yo vmail but would get the notification 45 mins after the person called. This has happened at least 3-4 times since Friday. Anybody else?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but is there a way to disable haptic feedback on the capacitive buttons?
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast