HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Is anybody having issues while using headphones/headsets? Whenever I plug in a regular headphone to listen to music, my phones starts acting crazy and randomly skips tracks and makes random phone calls. I've tried with a cheap pair of sony earbuds and an expensive set of audio technicas and they still do the same thing :'(

The same thing just happened to me this weekend. I hope it is addressed soon.I guess I will need to let HTC/Sprint know so they can make a great phone even better.

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

For some reason my yahoo account stopped working today. Keep getting user info errors but I can log in from the web browser. Any ideas?

anon(374252)

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok I want to take my phone back for a replacement already...What seems to be happening is that (1) sometimes my homepage (HTC Sense 3.0) has to restart when I want to go back to the homepages. (2) Sometimes while listening to my music via headphones or bluetooth my music tracks will skip for no reason. A Sprint rep told me that HTC was aware of those issues and the next update (in about 3 weeks) should fix that. (3) The other thing that happens is my phone will go to the "BSOD (BLACK screen of death) sometimes and the only out at that point is a pull of the battery. Today, when I went to look at 3D pictures in my gallery they didn't display properly (double ghost image), so I rebooted the phone which took...5 minutes to restart (reminding me of my Palm Pre days). Anyone else having these issues? If not, sounds like a trip for me to the nearest Sprint Store for a new EVO 3D!

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have any issues with the bookmarks dissappearing.. Also mine has light leakage at the entire bottom and up the side. Will they give me a hard time exchanging the phone for light leakage.

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

yup. I believe the base of your 3.5mm plugs. are they bare, or is there plastic/rubber there? I've noticed w/ all my monoprice cables, it's bare metal. I think it's making contact w/ the jack on the phone and thus, makes it think it has headset control. my ipod earphones have no problem. my sennheiser 580's don't either. Can't really test my pre headphones because they're actually headsets, heh.

my friend who has an EVO 3D also mentioned this issue, but he's only tested w/ his jlabs (dunno which one though)

thats weird.. I used the exact same headphones on my original evo and never had any problems.

DaBxDevil

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen this one posted. But when i'm on a call with my blutooth, my screen locks up and i can't unlock it. I have to hang up the call and then it will allow me to unlock the phone and have regular functionality.

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm noticing when I am on a call...my screen flickers on and off..is that happening to anyone else

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Those of you with voicemail issues .... Are you by chance using a non stock texting app such as handcent? Because this is a known issue and there is a fix, posted in this thread.

+1

I was having the exact same issue and posted in this thread, and resolutions have been posted. My problem stemmed from Handcent. Everything is working great now, and I'm still using Handcent.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok I want to take my phone back for a replacement already...What seems to be happening is that (1) sometimes my homepage (HTC Sense 3.0) has to restart when I want to go back to the homepages. (2) Sometimes while listening to my music via headphones or bluetooth my music tracks will skip for no reason. A Sprint rep told me that HTC was aware of those issues and the next update (in about 3 weeks) should fix that. (3) The other thing that happens is my phone will go to the "BSOD (BLACK screen of death) sometimes and the only out at that point is a pull of the battery. Today, when I went to look at 3D pictures in my gallery they didn't display properly (double ghost image), so I rebooted the phone which took...5 minutes to restart (reminding me of my Palm Pre days). Anyone else having these issues? If not, sounds like a trip for me to the nearest Sprint Store for a new EVO 3D!

I had the same problem with the Black screen...I took it to the Sprint Store and while arguing with the tech (as she couldn't reproduce the issue) the phone black screened on her...5 minutes later I had a new Evo 3D. A word of warning...they were blaming everything on Handcent saying it is known to cause problems...she wasn't willing to approve the swap until it black screened on her.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Nobody with their bookmarks disappearing... 3 times since launch day all were gone.

lunadog

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

lots of good info in here.

I uploaded birthday pics from Sunday to Picasa and all the 3D pictures converted fine and uploaded, but the 2D pictures only uploaded around the top 2/3rds of the each picture (x7). I deleted them from Picasa and tried to upload just those pictures and same thing happened.

I emailed them to yahoo and downloaded then uploaded to Picasa and they are fine.

/Rant

I am having the same problem. I found that if I power cycle the phone, the first couple of photos will upload to Picasa just fine, but then I start getting the 2/3rds problem. Uploading them through email or direct connect to PC works just fine. Strange problem...

merc15

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

So here's a fun issue I've encountered on my EVO 3D...So I tried to use the voice input on the swype keyboard to enter in a message and it came out in another language. I thought it might be something in my language settings, but they were all set correctly to english (As I'm fluent in that). So I thought I'd try to stock keyboard on the stock messaging and had the same result. I then downloaded Handcent thinking that it was an issue with the stock messaging app. Same thing. I've found the workaround to be restarting the phone, but it keeps coming back randomly. Anyone else have this or have thoughts about it?? Thanks

lunadog

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

So here's a fun issue I've encountered on my EVO 3D...So I tried to use the voice input on the swype keyboard to enter in a message and it came out in another language. I thought it might be something in my language settings, but they were all set correctly to english (As I'm fluent in that). So I thought I'd try to stock keyboard on the stock messaging and had the same result. I then downloaded Handcent thinking that it was an issue with the stock messaging app. Same thing. I've found the workaround to be restarting the phone, but it keeps coming back randomly. Anyone else have this or have thoughts about it?? Thanks

Try the button to the left of the space bar on swype. I hit it by mistake and everything, including voice to text was in spanish. Make sure it shows EN.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same problem. I found that if I power cycle the phone, the first couple of photos will upload to Picasa just fine, but then I start getting the 2/3rds problem. Uploading them through email or direct connect to PC works just fine. Strange problem...

That's a HTC issue altogether. I had the same problems with the 4G.

hudsonmw

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else have a little satallite icon that never goes away? It doesn't even flash like it's transmitting anything...just stays solid and never goes away. I went and disabled all the sync'ing and none of my accounts seem to be causing it. If I disable GPS then it goes away and if i re-enable GPS, it immediately comes back. Doesn't seem to be draining my battery though, so I'm guessing it's just a software bug that doesn't remove the icon?

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have a little satallite icon that never goes away? It doesn't even flash like it's transmitting anything...just stays solid and never goes away. I went and disabled all the sync'ing and none of my accounts seem to be causing it. If I disable GPS then it goes away and if i re-enable GPS, it immediately comes back. Doesn't seem to be draining my battery though, so I'm guessing it's just a software bug that doesn't remove the icon?

Or you have an app or navigation that you didn't exit out of

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

doubleD822

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen this posted yet but also havent had the time to look through (gasp!) 68 pages--

The FM Radio app is mediocre at best. What's great about it is it can get great reception, however just like the track skipping for MP3's, it will randomly start to scan through radio stations and there's no stopping it. Once you get it to stop, you best not touch your phone or it will scan again. VERY annoying and severe bug, how did this one get past development?? Has anyone else used the FM Radio app?

I also experience the random track skipping with headphones or while plugged into an auxiliary input in my car. it seems to happen when I try to use the lock screen widget to skip tracks. (Those buttons could be bigger too)

Hope these fixes come soon... I see today HTC finally added the Flashlight app for download :)

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

I haven't seen this posted yet but also havent had the time to look through (gasp!) 68 pages--

The FM Radio app is mediocre at best. What's great about it is it can get great reception, however just like the track skipping for MP3's, it will randomly start to scan through radio stations and there's no stopping it. Once you get it to stop, you best not touch your phone or it will scan again. VERY annoying and severe bug, how did this one get past development?? Has anyone else used the FM Radio app?

I also experience the random track skipping with headphones or while plugged into an auxiliary input in my car. it seems to happen when I try to use the lock screen widget to skip tracks. (Those buttons could be bigger too)

Hope these fixes come soon... I see today HTC finally added the Flashlight app for download :)

I have the same issue regarding the track skipping. Glad to see I'm not the only one because I was thinking of taking it in and exchanging it. Hopefully, it's just a software issue.

hudsonmw

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Or you have an app or navigation that you didn't exit out of

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

good call :p stupid GPS Tracking app I downloaded to see what pedo's are around my area doesn't get tracked in the sync settings, but updates even when closed every 15 min.....

Reactions: jpal00