Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Default Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

ok so I have been using my ICS update for a few days and for the most part I am really liking it. one of the major things that I've noticed is a lack of notifications.

I am definitely not getting any notifications from my facebook app or my (official) twitter app. I have gone into the apps themselves and notifications do seem to be turned on. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions to fixing it?

After doing the update a few things that annoy me just a little...

My Pandora is not working via the phone.

The button where I could click on to see my notification does not work the same.

And when I get an email with a link, I can not click on it anymore..

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

We probably need to start listing more information to compare issues out there. I'm wondering if there are commonality in setups that are causing the issues. Others are starting to do this here in order to nail down the cause. I personally went through my apps to ensure I had ICS tweaked versions of my apps and no unnecessary apps running prior to my upgrade to eliminate any issues. I do admit that Pandora acted as if it wouldn't load for the first day, but then it has since been flawless. I'm stock and have an RMA'd 8 GB card on Sprint in USA.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

When I try to root my phone using HTCdev i do everything correctly but when i get to the command prompt and i type in the token the identifier token (made sure everything was spelled correctly) i hit enter and it says < waiting for device > and its already in fastboot usb. what do i do???

I have a box-stock EVO 3D, updated to ICS a few days ago. Everything seems fine _except_ Google Contacts sync. Gmail syncs, calender syncs, other email account syncs, weather channel syncs -- but not Contacts. Not since the update for ICS. Sprint says I have to wait for the fix, it's coming. Anyone else have contact sync troubs after getting ICS?

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Sorry!
    Resolved!
    Last edited by asasav; 08-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

I am getting my FB notification on my Rogers Evo 3d. ICS serms to behave the same on my Evo 3d as it does one my one x.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Pleasee help :/

i got a sprint htc evo 3d i cant load a rom to see what version im on but every time i start my phone there no boot that loads i flashed alot of roms but none load so u relocked my phone and when i try to install the ruu update a get a error code saying i got the wrong update help please

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Gil View Post
    yeah the volume in this phone is soooooo low, I can barely hear it ring, is there any apps that can make it louder or is it just a software or hardware issue????

Hi, Idk if you found already the solution for your problem yet, but I use this app name volume+ by Meltus, I pretty sure they have a free version also. Good luck! Helps a lot!!!!

The OTA update to ICS completely trashed my 3D.
    Unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by matijams View Post
    The OTA update to ICS completely trashed my 3D.
    Unusable.
    A factory reset will probably resolve those issues. No doubt it is a hassle but usually well worth it. Good Luck!!
    Cbill
    Transformers (2), Xoom, Nook Color (MicroSD root), Galaxy 7+, Optimus V (root)

hey, why my weather lock screen style dissapeared?
    i think it happened after installing rom toolbox pro from apkmania

first i can't unlock my phone
    its only appear black screen and notif bar on lockscreen
    then i unlock via notif bar

i tried to change the style of lockscreen
    then it's only appear only 5 styles
    wallpaper, friendstream, photoalbum, stocks, and clocks
    no weather style lock screen

can anyone help me?
    thanks in advance

Need rooting help my evo3d is rooted but last week went black screen for a couple of days then came on to reboot screen all works good but when I try to use WiFi tethering it won't connect its broadcasting shows on my tablet but won't connect what should I do anyone out there help a fellow rooter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    This was killing me all last night. The users guide said there was a flashlight app but I couldn't find it. I finally gave up looking and downloaded a Flashlight app from the market that lets you use the LEDs (among other things). Still would like the HTC one since I could change the illumination level.

Its one of those things that I don't use often, but when I do its critical. It has saved me more than a few times.
    Try Flashlight LED Genius. Works great as a flashlight but also if you shake the phone while in the lock screen it turns it on. Touch a button and shake. Quick and easy.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyhookup00 View Post
    Need rooting help my evo3d is rooted but last week went black screen for a couple of days then came on to reboot screen all works good but when I try to use WiFi tethering it won't connect its broadcasting shows on my tablet but won't connect what should I do anyone out there help a fellow rooter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    go to the wifi settings change the device profile to generic ics, scroll down and check mms clamping and routing fix

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Some body help....since I got ics I can't put any widgets on my EVO 3d....my home screen is blank

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!-blabla.gif

The 3d makes me sick and if your a neat freak like me you will spend more time cleaning the finger prints off the camera then using the phone.. unless u place your fingers over the cameras there's no comfortable way to hold the phone.. oh and green lantern won't play

In many games, the accelerometer does not work. Systems and applications is no problem. In what could be the problem?

same here.

i have a major issue. the previos owner try doing rooting or flashing the phone and now the phone boots up but only to a wallpaper and the top bar with the time and signal then its stuck i cant get into menu or anything .. it aslo has no recovery and when i go into fastboot it will not connect to usb mode ive looked every where but i guess this issue is not posted on the web. also i try doing PG86IMG update but it doesnt give me a option to update

my question is
    How do i flash a recovery without fast boot or how do i fix so i can conncet tofastboot usb mode?

I too have received the "upgrade" which has basically rendered my device useless. Well technically usable, just frustratingly slow. The screen is very unresponsive to touch. More so now than when I installed the upgrade a month ago. Like others it gets hot and drains the battery fast if used other than just a phone.

My biggest frustration is not being able to share a picture directly from the web to messages, facebook, etc. Now when I long press I only have the option to save or set as wallpaper. This apparently is not isolated to the E3D as the Galaxy S2 and S3 running on ics do not have the capability to do this either. It also affects all of the ICS devices I have come across. I downloaded several aftermarket browsers, only one was able to do this, however it was storing a copy of the image in a folder on my sim card.

Quadrant score, after the update my phone dropped from an average of 2800 to a 2100. This is very concerning to me.

I would like to go back to Gingerbread so I could use my phone like I did before. Although the Sprint store is telling me that is not a possibility.

To me it seems that this "Upgrade" is Sprint's way of accelerating the process of forced obsolescence. They roll out the update and make the devices barely functional. The phone still technically works so a replacement is out of the question. You are only left with buying a new phone which will at some point be ........updated.

This is why I will most likely not buy the LG Optimus G when it comes out. Had it hit the shelves with Jellybean Installed I might consider it. However I have been bit by the Upgrade twice now. With the E3D and my first Evo which after its firmware update spun into a series of constant reboots at random times. Most frustrating when using the GPS in rush hour traffic and you have no idea where you are going.

I understand the need to advance technology. But coming out with so many versions leads to more reverse engineering to make the versions compatible with older hardware. I would prefer to get a phone where the OS was specifically designed to work with that platform. It's possible that I may actually look at apple because of this.

Also this may be the reason I finally walk from Sprint. I am trying to hold out for LTE. If the LTE in the Tampa area activates but I cant get signal at my house, it's over. I will probably get the unlocked Nexus4 and move to Straight Talk.

That really sucks that had happened to you. I never used my phone with the stock rom, but from past experiences with other devices I can understand where you are coming from. I used rooted gingerbread, and ics with zero issues besides bloat, and now I'm running 4.1.2 cyanogenmod jellybean. It's a complete different world than the other roms I've used. I would recommend maybe rooting your device and hopefully the issues you are dealing with would subside.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT

Had my Evo since day 1 and have never had any problems, however after the last update I'm having an annoying problem. When my earbuds are plugged in I can hear any notifications/ringtones thru the earbuds as well as through the phone speaker so I can hear it and so can everyone else. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn my phone on vibrate or silent which is annoying b/c the vibrate function on this phone isn't that strong to where I can hear it or even feel it in my pocket while at work. Anyone else run into this issue since the last system update?

Quote Originally Posted by IStaySuckaFree View Post
    Had my Evo since day 1 and have never had any problems, however after the last update I'm having an annoying problem. When my earbuds are plugged in I can hear any notifications/ringtones thru the earbuds as well as through the phone speaker so I can hear it and so can everyone else. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn my phone on vibrate or silent which is annoying b/c the vibrate function on this phone isn't that strong to where I can hear it or even feel it in my pocket while at work. Anyone else run into this issue since the last system update?
    That's completely normal.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Phone/Evo 3D cdma
    Rom/ViperS r284
    Hboot/eng 1.58
    Root Method/Htc Dev unlocked/Juopunutbear s-off
    Recovery/4-EXT

So here's the situation:

My Virgin Mobile HTC EVO 3D on ICS is having touch screen issues...but only in games. In games such as Minecraft: PE, Modern Combat 4, Modern Combat 3, COD:BOZ, N64oid, and similar games which use an on-screen joystick, it isn't working. I can place my finger on the joystick (or where it's supposed to be) and try and touch and drag, but it either doesn't respond or responds for half a second then acts as if my thumb isn't even there. It's really driving me insane. I'm not able to play any of these expensive apps anymore. My old EVO 3D recently killed itself due to an unknown issue, so VM sent me the phone I have now literally the day after Christmas. I had this same issue with my last EVO 3D. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering purchasing a PowerA MOGA controller, just so I can play these apps. Has anyone else had this problem? If you have a fix, PLEASE speak up!

Thanks!
    HTC EVO 3D on Virgin Mobile USA, Stock but heavily customized
    B&N Nook Color, Latest Build of MiRaGe KANG CM7 Root
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 343536373839 LastLast