Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Hello guys,

STILL NO SOLUTION

I have a huge problem with my HTC EVO 3D. In the Frequent feature in groups a lot of contacts that appear has nothing to do with frequency of inbound or outbound call. For instance from 18 registered contacts as frequent at least half of them shouldn't be even there. Whereas other contacts that i use on daily or every two day basis do not appear at all!!! This is really ridiculous since i cross check it with my phone service provider.

I bought the phone last February (2012) and i synced my contacts to my NOKIA 72 that's all...
    Does anyone knows at least what factors (example number of calls/message/mails/twits/old records/call history transferred from previous devices) that affect the registration process????

Any ideas why this is happening. Please let me know if you have a pretty good idea about the subject or has happened to you to.

Hello,please help me .... I have a evo 3d i flashed to boost ...Everything was working as it should.
    "
    I rooted the phone s on using htc dev which was a breeze.
    Well i have been thinking about s off so i did the j bear s off wire trick after a few trys i did get it and am s off.
    After i cheered a little bit lol i checked my apps and turned off the wifi and the apps opened no problem.
    Next i tried my calls and i got a error message saing my phone is not activated which it was ...
    Ok so i went through the process i use to flash phones as i noticed my meid had changed.
    Everything went fine...Until i did the handsfree and it failed...
    I just need someone to help me get my phone working the way it was.
    I'm not asking for help with flashing a phone at all!
    I would just like to know how to remedy this issue.
    I have a 3g icon that flashes up still and than the screen keeps going back to handsfree activation and failing.
    I was rooted stock s on prior to this .Also now when i try to use my donor phone it fails handsfree also ????
    Totally confused now !!! Please help

im stuck and cant boot a rom its in an infinite boot loop and i do not have a back up or restore point however i can open up recovery teamwin but......didnt make a back up i have tried 20 zips and no luck still infinite bootloop..........................................help plz
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by sear23 View Post
    im stuck and cant boot a rom its in an infinite boot loop and i do not have a back up or restore point however i can open up recovery teamwin but......didnt make a back up i have tried 20 zips and no luck still infinite bootloop..........................................help plz
    What rom did you flash and are you s-on or s-off ?

hi, i had the exact same problem with my contacts. i would add someone and they wouldnt be in my phone contacts and i would have to sync google to see them. it was very confusing. This morning i figured it out. when you are saving a contact at the top of the contact information page is a drop down menu, choose save to phone instead of saving to google +. It worked!!!

My htc 3d keyboard stopped working and people were telling me to reboot my phone...if you are having this problem DONT REBOOT People said that doesnt work...this is what you can do...I had to figure this out for myself
    you dont need to reboot your phone at all...sign in to google(on your computer) since your keyboard no longer works...go to the google play store....type in keyboard for android...choose which keyboard you want click install....they are going to ask you where you want to send it to...make sure you are signed in so the phone you are using now will automatically be an option to choose where you want to send it to...so click on your android phone name...then and there it will automatically install to your android phone...your new keyboard will start to work...no new phone no reboot just new keyboard....

earlier today I got a notification for a system update which I'm assuming was for 4.2, so I downloaded it and it started to reboot to come back on, then wouldn't go past the htc screen at the initial boot until eventually it did nothing at all. I tried plugging it into the charger and the red charging light blinks and will go dim before it comes back on. After a couple hours on the charger, still nothing and then it went to the htc screen like it was going to boot, then went black again. I've tried pressing volume down and power to get to the boot menu, I've removed the battery and let it sit out for a few minutes and pressed the power button with the battery out to drain excess charge, and it's still doing the same thing. I'm expecting a call from my sergeant tomorrow and this is my only means of communication. I need help asap..

================

My HTC EVO 3D is so f-uucked up right now. Its actually restarting by itself even when its on full battery then when it restarts it comes back with 20% battery or sometimes drops a lot..why is this happening?

Im also experiencing - EXCLAMATION POINT on my battery instead of the actual battery reading...why is this happening? has anyone else experienced this before?

===========================

Is it just me or are the viewing angles when watching 3D content completely and utterly terrible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    ================

My HTC EVO 3D is ruined. Its actually restarting by itself even when its on full battery then when it restarts it comes back with 20% battery or sometimes drops a lot..why is this happening?

Im also experiencing - EXCLAMATION POINT on my battery instead of the actual battery reading...why is this happening? has anyone else experienced this before?

===========================
    The exclamation on the battery I have experienced this a few times but not the random shut downs. I am almost certain that you need a new battery. To test this, leave the phone pluged into the charger permanently and see if it switches itself off. If it dose not then its definitely your battery. Also rub your fingers on the battery to see if it is swollen or look very carefully. As for the battey reading try battery notifier big text from Google play.
    Let me know how it goes.

I am new here so bear with me.
    I've been using EVO 3D for about a year now. I love it but I just have few problems that I have been wanting to fix. It will be nice if someone can advise how to fix the problem or lead me to a thread about how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance. (FYI: my phone is a Japanese CDMA by au KDDI and it is not rooted)

1) Notification LED does not flash longer than 5 mins. I'm sure a lot of people had this problem but I never saw an answer to this.
    2) My phone does not push notification sometimes such as Emails and Texts when I am using only Wifi. (Maybe it is the Wifi problem)
    "Push Notification Fixer" seemed like a really nice program but I do not have the phone rooted.
    3) My Wifi stops the connection after the phone goes to sleep. (I made Wifi always be on under the settings)
    4) I am not sure if some of the programs are running in the background or not. (The programs I want the phone to always be running in the background: Google Talk, Gmail, and Textplus)

Please help me out how to fix these problems. If I have to, I try to root the phone except I'm not sure I can root the phone same way as Sprint EVO 3D. Like I said, my phone is Japanese so I have a feeling it makes things a lot more complicated.

xxx

For a while now i`ve been having some sort of problem with my battery. I believe my charging socket somehow got bigger than it should be, cause i can`t charge it from the original charger (the usb keeps wiggling and the phone keeps jumping between charging and not charging like crazy). Anyways, i noticed something wrong with my battery icon at occasions, and this seems to happen randomly, along with a quick green - red LED flash. This is what i`m talking about. Any help is much appreciated

Regards
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Exxtra View Post
    For a while now i`ve been having some sort of problem with my battery. I believe my charging socket somehow got bigger than it should be, cause i can`t charge it from the original charger (the usb keeps wiggling and the phone keeps jumping between charging and not charging like crazy). Anyways, i noticed something wrong with my battery icon at occasions, and this seems to happen randomly, along with a quick green - red LED flash. This is what i`m talking about. Any help is much appreciated

Regards
    Thats a bad battery, Time for a new one. Does it seem to be buldging at all, should be good and flat on either side

How do I disable background data and adjust screen brightness/time out when battery low ?

I lost these settings/options when I did an OTA update. (currently running sense 3.6 and ics)
    OS services are wasting my data plan (about half a gig in about half a month)I've contacted HTC about this but no success. it's strange. when I had gingerbread and sense 3.0 adjusting these settings was easy but as soon as I updated the settings just vanished in thin air. so how do I disable background data ? And what is wl0.1 ? it's consuming a lot of my data aswell (almost 100MB)

1) From what I know, there is setting to disable background apps in ICS. You can use apps like task killer and kill the background apps that you don't want frequently but that will still not disable the background apps. (I rooted mine and I'm trying to do exactly the opposite. I am trying to continuously run some app in the background but system seems to keep on terminating the app. I use app called "system tuner" to manage/observe which apps are running in the background.) I'm not sure how far you can use this app if you don't have your EVO 3D rooted but I am able to freeze/disable some apps if I know I don't need them. If you know there are apps that you don't need running in the background then you can freeze them using this app even if they are apps you installed. Very useful app!!!

2) As far as screen brightness goes, there is a setting to adjust the screen brightness but there it will not turn down the brightness automatically. Again you have to find an app that you'd like. I'm sure there are apps out there that turns brightness down when battery is low. I personally like "display brightness" widget and control my screen brightness. Widget is extremely easy to access and it does not get in your way.

I hope this helped a little.

If anyone have solved the issue regarding Notification LED turning off after 5 minutes, please let me know. I'd also like know that is it true that if you keep the LED flashing for long time it will drain the battery? It is very hard to believe. Please let me know any information regarding on this case.

Thank you

I forgot to add one more thing to Stalemate 1.

If you have rooted your phone then I feel like this app may be an app you are looking for even though it may be annoying a little. App is called "Droidwall" it lets you choose which apps you allow to have wifi and 3g connection. If you don't want some app to waste your 3g connection then you can use this app. I am not sure if this "3g" include 2g and 4g. If you test it please let me know.

Thanks

I solved the issue to these problems. I had to root my phone to fix this problem. (2. Used PNF app, 3. Used smartsync disabler app)

2) My phone does not push notification sometimes such as Emails and Texts when I am using only Wifi. (Maybe it is the Wifi problem)
    "Push Notification Fixer" seemed like a really nice program but I do not have the phone rooted.
    3) My Wifi stops the connection after the phone goes to sleep. (I made Wifi always be on under the settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Exxtra View Post

Regards
    Mine does the same thing. I did 2 things to remedy this. I took a safety pin and bent out the clasps on the charge cable because they were sunken in.

On the phone itself I removed the back cover and bent both sides of the bottom of the charge port upward. You will see there are two separate flaps there. It's not perfect but it helps a lot. I have to re bend the charge port every so often when it gets loose again. Not sure how many times it will work before the metal breaks but it's working well for now.

Since last update I am unable to download and delete pics, albums, etc...
    Went to Settings/Connect to PC/Ask Me is checked.
    I no longer get asked about what connection type I would like to use.
    Have a lot of pics to download and then delete off of the phone.
    Suggestions?

How many of us performed OTAs before the hassles started ?

those who did not do an OTA, what version of Android are you running ? is it ICS ?

I only started to experience issues after a week or two after performing an OTA (from gingerbread- Android 2.3________too_______ICS-Android 4.0.3)

before that my device was perfect.

My HTC evo 3d will not connect to my home wi-fi. it has always connected until this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte#AC View Post
    Hey Everyone!

As some of us are having some minor (and even some major) issues with their new EVO3D's, I thought this would be a nice place for a one-stop shop if you will to talk about them. So fire away!

Hello

I have a rooted htc evo 3d phone (with custom rom) and i face problems with the functions of the phone. for example sometimes it seems like it takes the control of itself. it seems to click on buttons by itself without im doing anything, then it stucks, it zooms in and out when iam browsing, it changes screens by itself. and i wonder if it is a software problem or is a problem with the touch screen. i made factory reset, i flashed 2 different roms but the problem still remains. what else can i do?

Thanks a lot

Whenever I download videos they are stored in 2 files, gallery & browser. So a 250MB video takes up 500MB of my SD card; therefore only half of the card's capacity is available for me as far as downloaded media. Is there a way to change it so that it stores only in gallery? (HTC EVO 3D)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Domingue View Post
    Whenever I download videos they are stored in 2 files, gallery & browser. So a 250MB video takes up 500MB of my SD card; therefore only half of the card's capacity is available for me as far as downloaded media. Is there a way to change it so that it stores only in gallery? (HTC EVO 3D)
    What browser do you use to download them ?
    And what website do you download them from ?
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 LastLast