HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is a joke. Completely died in 2.5 hours. I appear to be the exception. Also if I reboot, any app that is on the home evermore and the SD loses its icon. Reverts to the generic android icon.

That's crazy. You obviously have a defective unit.

It happens.

inco9nito99

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
For someone who's picking up their E3D tomorrow morning, can someone list a few things I should check over before leaving the store? Thanks!

ps. this is my first Android so I'm completely new to this.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just my eyes not liking the 3D effect, but when displaying 3D content, any tilting (even very minor) of the phone from left to right shows vertical waves in the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have, but I've also seen content that I didn't see the waves. I thought it was the display, but it may be the source content? Who knows.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Flashlight App is not in the app list. The plugin can be found in the os applications list, but no way to invoke it.

Resur

Same thing for Facebook and Twitter. Those are the only 2 I've found so far.

I also DL'd the color flashlight app which is cool It'll use the screen, LED's or both.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not questioning the legitimacy of anyone's claims so far, however, I thought I should bring up an important point so that people aren't freaking out and canceling their orders...
This is a high profile launch. It's attracting all kinds of attention. Positive and negative.. As some of you have probably noticed, this is one of the most "trolled" phones on the AC forums right now. In general, there are two types of trolls posting here: There's the "self-amused trolls", and there's the most vicious, determined type- the "bitter-trolls:eek: The self-amused are harmless enough,especially when ignored(they know how to get some, uhh..passionate reactions from other members:-\) The bitter ones..they are the ones to watch for on a thread like this. Some are Nexus S 4G owners, upset that the spotlight on their device was very short-lived(the whole signal thing just fuels the fire-I personally don't have the signal issues). Some are original Evo owners with a complex; because it had monster specs at release, they thought that they would have the most powerful hardware for the next decade, and that no phone would ever one-up theirs. Some of them truly do believe that they are entitled to compatibility with every app, OS update, accessory,etc..because their phone "had 4G first"(that one still cracks me up every time:D) Some just feel screwed by HTC and want other people to hate them too. I don't want to offend anyone on this thread, because we are all excited for the same thing. The original Evo is a GREAT phone. The Nexus S 4G is a GREAT phone(I own one myself). Most of us like android devices all around, and we're excited about every cool one that releases. Most can be happy for people that get a cool new device. But- there are people on here that take this stuff way too seriously,and they spend their whole day bashing other's devices, opinions,and everything else, instead of enjoying theirs. Those people will be hitting this thread with various claims that their "Evo 3D won't turn on","the screen popped off", "the wi-fi and 4G radio are weak, or don't work","it just burst into flames when I turned it on!",and every other claim you can think of. It's the easiest,sneakiest way to influence other people's perception of a device..and they know it. Unless you truly know someone's credible, take a lot of statements on this thread(and similar ones) with a grain of salt. Just because a member has alot of posts doesn't mean anything. This is especially for those coming from Pre,BB,etc..that may not know these forums,and the things people tend to do. You're making the right choice. The Android family is a close(and exciting!)one.
Everybody just have fun enjoy your device! My Evo 3D will be at my door within the next three hours, and I for one, am excited:) And I just finished writing my first novel!!...and you just finished reading it;) sorry?:-!

Wow. I'm not sure what thread you're reading or if this was just a random "op-ed" post, but this thread seems to be going very well with no bashing or trolling. Some issues may be user or opinion deals but it seems like a surprisingly civil thread. Obviously the more critical issues like dead phones will end up here but nothing that seems out of the ordinary.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anybody but me wish the external speaker volume was louder? My EVO 4G was louder by far, I can't hear anything unless I am in a perfectly quiet environment with this phone.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The music app is not saving the spot in mp3s. The evo 4g had the same bug but they fixed it, no idea how they could let it happen again on a new phone. It makes listening to audio books and stuff almost impossible. Might have to return it since I listen to audio books most of the day at work.

Just wanted to chime in.. get Mort AudioBook player. I use it for few-hours long radio shows and it's outstanding at remembering the playback position.

Don't return the phone because of a stupid HTC software issue.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody but me wish the external speaker volume was louder? My EVO 4G was louder by far, I can't hear anything unless I am in a perfectly quiet environment with this phone.

I didn't think it was worse than the 4G at all, so I played the same song on both phones. Not only was the 3D louder, but it was clearer. I'm sure it could differ from phone to phone though. The ear piece volume is also much louder on my 3D than it was on my 4G.

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I have found that "Move to SD Card" fails a lot, though trying again actually moves the app.

Oh and there is no Netflix and all my Gameloft purchases are not listed for my account when I tried to download them.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have found that "Move to SD Card" fails a lot, though trying again actually moves the app.

Oh and there is no Netflix and all my Gameloft purchases are not listed for my account when I tried to download them.

You have to find the Netflix apk somewhere else, it's posted somewhere here in the forum, or just wait until Netflix makes it official.

To get your other gameloft purchases, you will have to email their customer support, they will probably send you links to the files again.

mandujar1

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
i'm having a problem connecting to my wifi at home. i've never had a problem hooking up my laptops, printers, game sys. etc. but cant on my evo 3d??? also the speaker volume is too low for me & i put it all the way up.

thefivetheory

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Using the weather lock screen, the first digit of anything in the hundreds ends up off the screen after the initial fly in, so it ends up showing 02 degrees instead of 102, for example.

Also, and I'm surprised I didn't see anyone else mention this, my power button is ridiculously sensitive. I'm constantly turning the screen off on accident due to the way I hold my phone.

Surprisingly, I do miss the kick stand a bit.

Otherwise, awesome upgrade from the original EVO.