Seriously considering leaving Verizon for the 3D

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My unlimited data plan would be grandfather'd in, but I'm still likely going to make the switch. Verizon is very uninspiring lately and I have very little incentive to stay with them. All their announcements and lack of quality phones lately really has a bad taste in my mouth.

True here is the thing though, what could you stream with 10mb that you couldnt with 6-7mb. I mean it comes to point where you have good 4g sprint service it is pointless to compare the speeds. You will be plenty happy with both.

I just ported over from verizon, and had the thuderbolt. Thier LTE is fast but trust me it has its issues. I was in best coverage area but at home I never got consistent 4g coverage after numerous calls, they just threw me around and tried to tell me we are working on it. Had it for over 2 months and then I got tired of it and just sold the phone and transferred my number to sprint. I am within 30 days and I have the evo 3d coming to me next week from amazon.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My unlimited data plan would be grandfather'd in, but I'm still likely going to make the switch. Verizon is very uninspiring lately and I have very little incentive to stay with them. All their announcements and lack of quality phones lately really has a bad taste in my mouth.

Sprint is pushing it's "first" campaign hardcore.....1st 4G, first company to upgrade the EVO to Froyo, first dual screen phone, first 3D display in the US.....

With this huge push for firsts, they are bound to get a few innovations wrong (Echo), and get a few right.

And one of those rights is most definitely the EVO 3D.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's input. I think I may duck out of work early tomorrow to pick my own 3D up. I just hope there will be some left! Goodbye Motorola and Verizon!

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
My Droid on Verizon is getting older by the day! VZW needs the HTC Evo3D or Sensation. I would also consider the Samsung GSII or Nexus S 4G. Cmon Verizon! Maybe I'll make the switch.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
My Droid on Verizon is getting older by the day! VZW needs the HTC Evo3D or Sensation. I would also consider the Samsung GSII or Nexus S 4G. Cmon Verizon! Maybe I'll make the switch.

I think you'll be waiting a while. Verizon seems to make a habit out of picking up everyone's sloppy seconds (ie the Thunderbolt). I'm not waiting until next year for Verizon to re-hash a phone that I can buy right now at Sprint.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am bringing my fiance over from T-Mobile so she can have my Evo and I get her brand new 3D!! Plus yes, the port in credit happens on day 61! You just click on the link and fill it out. The rep in the store actually did it for me as part of the process. I also got an extra $50 for a port in credit (total $175). Right now they have some campaign where if you are a "business" customer coming from tmobile you get $175. I called them and played stupid and complained and they gave me a $50 credit. I love Sprint!!

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I probably don't go over the limit for the lower tiered plans, but damn, I just don't want to have to worry about it! I don't even know how you measure your data usage, nor do I care to find out.

Sprint is the cheapest out there, and although the service, IMO, isn't quite as good as Verizon, the money savings is well worth it. Plus the EVO3D is real nice, I'm enjoying mine right now, and using my monthly savings to pay off my house faster :)

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with coverage in Cincinnati. The 4g is great, and I am hoping from all of the mostly positive reviews, I will be happy with the 3d as well. Tomorrow 8AM, I'll be at the sprint store.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with coverage in Cincinnati. The 4g is great, and I am hoping from all of the mostly positive reviews, I will be happy with the 3d as well. Tomorrow 8AM, I'll be at the sprint store.

Which store will you be at? I'll either go to the Tri-County or Mason store tomorrow.

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Within 48 hours of the completion of your number port, go to Port In Credit. There is where you sign up for your credit.

great.. looks like i only have 48 hours to get my phone activated after the port... amazon wireless is shipping it to me and it wont get to me until the 28th because of the friday release date. so it looks like i'm going to miss out on my credit T_T

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
great.. looks like i only have 48 hours to get my phone activated after the port... amazon wireless is shipping it to me and it wont get to me until the 28th because of the friday release date. so it looks like i'm going to miss out on my credit T_T

No you dont miss out on the credit. whenever you get your phone and after you activate it, you got 72 hours to do the port in credit. The port actually doesnt fully activate until you activate your phone, you can port your number it just stays available for port until you activate your phone, if you dont activate your phone your number never gets ported, the port eventually gets cancelled and you are still stuck with your old provider and you would have to request the port again. It is basically port authorization from your previous provider until you actually activate your phone.

72 hours is what it says on sprints port in credit page.

Jc3

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
No you dont miss out on the credit. whenever you get your phone and after you activate it, you got 72 hours to do the port in credit. The port actually doesnt fully activate until you activate your phone, you can port your number it just stays available for port until you activate your phone, if you dont activate your phone your number never gets ported, the port eventually gets cancelled and you are still stuck with your old provider and you would have to request the port again. It is basically port authorization from your previous provider until you actually activate your phone.

72 hours is what it says on sprints port in credit page.

oh good, after re reading it i figured that would be the case. was still a bit worried tho.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I like verizon and there LTE is supposed to be great. However, if you aren't in an LTE area or dont travel into them a lot....hands down get Sprint and an EVO. I'm a travelling consultant and Sprint has been fantastic all over the country. I use the 4G as a WiFi replacement in hotels and stuff when tethered to my laptop for Free (PDANet). Works great, I even play games over it...though hosting games sometiems doesn't work.

That being said, if you get Sprints everything plan...you get a phone upgrade every year and verizon is about to screw people with Data i think. Also...geez Verizon is behind in rolling out cool phones.

I used to travel with Sprint. No issues there, and sprint don't care if you tether.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time Verizon customer but the spec's and preliminary reviews of the 3D have me very tempted to jump ship. I'm in Cincinnati so 4G coverage as well as voice quality on Sprint should be a non-issue, at least according to their online coverage maps. The few people I know around here who have Sprint are satisfied. My Droid X is getting old and I'm wanting to give HTC Sense a whirl along with enjoying some 4G speed goodness. I'm still under contract but could cover my ETF easily by selling my X on Ebay, plus get the $125 port-over credit so i could get a 3D for basically $75 which seems too good to pass up. Is anyone else planning on breaking their current contracts to join the Sprint team?
well jump ship man! im in the cincy area as well. have been with sprint for 11 yrs now. i love it here. join the family with a great phone.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I think you'll be waiting a while. Verizon seems to make a habit out of picking up everyone's sloppy seconds (ie the Thunderbolt). I'm not waiting until next year for Verizon to re-hash a phone that I can buy right now at Sprint.

Exactly, I don't want to wait for the Thunderbolt 2 just to get something with Evo3D specs! People in my area say Sprint's coverage is good and I wouldn't mind saving some $$ on my plan.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Come on over man. Sprint is running things right about now. Nice steady flow of nice phones. Decent customer service, good coverage and best of all decent prices and they havent yet started to throttle their customers with tiered data
usage. One flat reasonable fee. It's nearly too good to be true.:)

sprint does throttle data. Regardless of what they tell you, they do.