[Read Me First] HTC EVO 3D Tips, Reviews, Thoughts, and Issues

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

Don't hesitate to ask a question. Our Android Central Advisors, Moderators, and half-million members are happy to help. Here are some resources.

Click the Getting Started button at the top of any page for step-by-step help with almost everything.

_ ? Backup ← Save your old contacts, calendar, photos, music, etc. and transfer to the new Android,

_ ? Setup ← Customize your new Android just the way you like.

_ ? Android Central Blog ← Daily News, Reviews, App Reviews, Help, and Device Info. (Twitter)

_ ? Palm webOS Users and BlackBerry Users ← Special resources just for you.

_ ? Applications ← Find the best of the 200,000 apps. Also see the Keyboards.

_ ? Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes ← Endless resources. See Wallpaper and Setup for help.

_ ? Rooting - Is it for me? ← See what Rooting is and why you might want to root.

_ ? Android Lounge ← Put your feet up and relax or check out the latest Rumors.

Finally check out the stickies in this forum and its subforums and the Android Dictionary. Thanks for being part of the forums!

Note: This forum is for owners and those interested in this phone. If you prefer other phones, please post your comments in those forums. See the Forum Guidelines.

[/FONT][/FONT]Resources:
_ ? EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users
_ ? Phone Comparison - full specs on the top phones today.
_ ? Migrating from the EVO 4G to the EVO 3D -- a simple guide
_ ? HTC EVO 3D launches today -- here's what you need to know
_ ? Review
_ ? How to customize the Sense 3.0 lockscreen
_ ? Grab the EVO 3D user guide to view on your computer
_ ? Comparing Sense 3.0 on the EVO 3D against the Sensation
_ ? Uninstalling pre-loaded apps
_ ? Comparing the EVO 4G camera to the EVO 3D
_ ? What apps you should look at first

Last edited:

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
FAQ's & Tips - Built in App Killer, Cache Cleaner, WiFi Booster a

Evo 3D FAQ's & Tips

Got more question's I'm here to help!

1.) App Killer - To quickly access the App Killer Drag the drop down, click the tab on the bottom that says Quick Settings, Next click where it says Total memory... This will take you to the built in App Killer

2.) Cache Cleaner - Press Menu > Settings > SD & Phone Storage > Make More Space..... Here you have access to not only the build in Cache Cleaner but also a utility to help move apps to the SD card

3.) WiFi Booster - Press Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > WiFi Settings > Press Menu Button > Advanced and check Best WiFi Performance

4.) Hard Reset - Press Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Factory Data Reset(Helps with any bugs you may run across)

5. Fast Boot On/Off - Press Menu > Settings > Power > Uncheck Fast Boot ( You must do this to access the bootloader)

6.) Boost In-Call Volume - Press Menu > Settings > Call > Check Hearing Aids

7.) Change Lock Screen Shortcuts - Press the Personalize button (to the right of the phone on the home screen) > Lock Screen > Settings.... tap the one you would like to change to pull up a list of apps.

8.) Remove Stock Apps(BloatWare) - Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Click tab at the top that says All.....
Confirmed Removable Apps --- 3D Games - Blockbuster - Nascar - Qik - Sprint Radio - Sprint TV & Movies - TeleNav GPS Navigator​

9.) Linking Contacts to FaceBook - Press People > Select A Contact > Press Menu > Link > Facebook fo HTC Sense(Not the FaceBook app) > Then pick the appropriate Profile

10a.) Bad Battery Life? - First try a hard reset(Tip # 4above) - Second perform a battery calibration.
*******Also let your battery go through 1-2 full cycles.. from full charge down to 5% or so.*******

My Calibrating Technique
1. Charge until 100%
2. Power off (while still on the charger) and wait until the led turns green (may take a while)
3. Unplug and let sit for 5 min (while still powered off)
4. Plug back in again until led turns green again (while still powered off)
5. Power back on
**If you have 100% after powering back on then you should be good to go... If not repeat these steps again.**​

10b.) Bad Battery Life cont... - Disable Always On Mobile Data - Disable Auto Sync - Enable Power Efficiency
1.) Disable Always On Mobile Data - Press Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Un-Check Enable Always-On Mobile Data
2.) Press Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Un-Check Auto-Sync
3.) Press Menu > Settings > Power > Check Enable Power Efficiency​

10c.) Bad Battery Life cont. cont... - Check Apps and App Usage

1. See if your phone is sleeping - Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery ***If Up Time and Awake Time are the same or close than there is a problem. Usually being that an App is keeping your Phone awake. Check app permissions to see which have the permission - prevent phone from sleeping -

2. Check app sync settings - Make sure that any apps that update are not set to update very frequently i.e. every 5 sec, every 5 min and change them to refresh less

3. Sign out of GTalk! - If you don't use it that is - It automatically signs you in even if you've never used it - Open GTalk > Menu > Settings > Un-Check Auto Sign In > Press Back > Menu > Click Sign Out​

11.) How To Remove Battery Cover The Right Way
1. Insert Fingernail into slit on the bottom of the case
2. Pop the case up
3. Continue counter clock wise along the side with the charging port, Once you are near the top of the phone the cover should pop off completely​

12.) How To: Locking Text Messages - While in the text thread you have to click the corner of the text that is hovering with a shadow behind it. For received messages click the bottom right corner, and for sent messages click the bottom left corner. When you click the corners a menu will pop up and the bottom option will be to lock the message. (Thanks nuprotocol)

Last edited:

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
First time android user, what does the wifi one really do? I see next to it that the option also consumes more battery so just weighing the pros and cons

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
First time android user, what does the wifi one really do? I see next to it that the option also consumes more battery so just weighing the pros and cons

I assume it boost the power going to the WiFi radio(cause for battery usage) increasing the connection range and stability... If your WiFi is fine now just leave it unchecked

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Great job Milo and irok1985 on your write-ups! Merging them together. If you guys come up with more stuff feel free to edit your posts. If you add a post that needs to be moved up in the list I can do that as well. Just PM me if that happens.

jvnane

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Read Me First] HTC Evo 3D FAQ's & Tips

I've been searching and searching for an answer to this incredibly simple question and for some ****ing reason nothing anywhere clarifies this! What aspects of this phone are 3D? Can it "force" anything into 3D, or does it only display things that were designed as 3D in 3D. For example, are regular games in 3D on this phone? Is the UI in 3D? I can't believe I have to actually ask this question because absolutely no reviews or anything make this clear...

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching and searching for an answer to this incredibly simple question and for some ****ing reason nothing anywhere clarifies this! What aspects of this phone are 3D?

Pictures/picture taking - Videos/video recording - Some youtube videos - some games ----- Those are all the things in 3D.. 3D can NOT be force in something it is not made for... 3d is optional in the things I listed above

Sent From My 3VO!

Reactions: jvnane

jvnane

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Pictures/picture taking - Videos/video recording - Some youtube videos - some games ----- Those are all the things in 3D.. 3D can NOT be force in something it is not made for... 3d is optional in the things I listed above

Sent From My 3VO!
Oh, that's lame. I thought it could do everything in 3D, like 3D tvs.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Oh, that's lame. I thought it could do everything in 3D, like 3D tvs.

Believe me you would not want that! First it would be a strain on your eyes to look at for a long time... It can only be seen correctly from certain angles so that too would be a problem.... And most importantly using the 3D drains the battery because its like running 2 screens @ max brightness and running the CPU near max. 3D is very nice but trust me you only want it in bits a pieces...

Reactions: hankwatt

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Anyone know if class 10 sd cards work with 3vo
Yes, Class 10 is what you want.

For 32 GB Class 10, newegg.com, amazon.com, or Fry's usually have sales at prices between $60-$75.

You will never wish your memory was slower or wish that you had less memory. Never.

RedWhiteDog

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: FAQ's & Tips - Built in App Killer, Cache Cleaner, WiFi Boost

10a.) Bad Battery Life? - First try a hard reset(Tip # 4above) - Second perform a battery calibration.
*******Also let your battery go through 1-2 full cycles.. from full charge down to 5% or so.*******

My Calibrating Technique
1. Charge until 100%
2. Power off (while still on the charger) and wait until the led turns green (may take a while)
3. Unplug and let sit for 5 min (while still powered off)
4. Plug back in again until led turns green again (while still powered off)
5. Power back on
**If you have 100% after powering back on then you should be good to go... If not repeat these steps again.**​

I have been doing this for the last 5 hours and I do not seem to get to the bottom of it. :(

Any advice?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been doing this for the last 5 hours and I do not seem to get to the bottom of it. :(

Any advice?

So what exactly is your problem? Are you not reaching 100%? Or just not getting good battery life? Need more information...

Sent From My 3VO!