EVO 3D bootloader - Time to unite and spam HTC's facebook again.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
HTC has been REALLY quite about their bootloader situation. We need to go out and hit their facebook page again until we are heard again. Yeah we are all swooning over the EVO 3D now but one of the best things about the EVO OG is its developer support. It's critical to get this ball rolling sooner than later to ensure enough dev's are on board.

Let us Unite!!!!!!!

HTC | Facebook

end of the day its fun to mass up and change things via social media. I was really surprised by the first wave. Pretty cool.

BTW no Mel Gibson "Freeeeeeeeddddommmmmmm!!!!!" Jokes...except that one.

jonyah

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I voiced my opinion today. I wouldn't have lasted a full year with my EVO 4G if it wasn't for rooting and cyanogenmod. I'm sure it'll be the same issue with the 3d.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Calm down. They said they will unlock. Spoiled childish behavior demanding that functionality NOW is just silly. Wait until the next maintenance release, if it isn't there, then complaining makes sense. If you can't live with a locked bootloader the first day of the phones launch, just don't buy it.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
done. I think more people need to do this. It happened last time and they will most llikely respond to it again if enough people post on their page.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Calm down. They said they will unlock. Spoiled childish behavior demanding that functionality NOW is just silly. Wait until the next maintenance release, if it isn't there, then complaining makes sense. If you can't live with a locked bootloader the first day of the phones launch, just don't buy it.

No one is demanding anything. I think you just need to relax on the other hand. I went and politely asked for an update on the bootloader situation. No one demanded anything from them. It would be nice to hear how far along they are with their unlocking schedule.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not demanding? Read the title of this thread. "unite and spam" sounds like a rally the troops kind of thing to me. But, maybe I'm reading too much into it but the first post set the tone.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Take it easy, the Phone's not even officially released yet and they have been very good about reversing the decisionand promising a future unlock. What more do you want? Enjoy the phone you have for right now and root when the time comes. Some people..

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Exactly... Chill out.. Even if they dont do it right away Im sure it will be unlocked anyway by xda soon... Evo has a crazy amount of support..

aleksis2010

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO 3D bootloader - Time to unite and spam HTC's facebook aga

true!well said

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO 3D bootloader - Time to unite and spam HTC's facebook aga

It was the "childish behavior" that even got them to say they would unlock it. Its not being childish, its keeping them on their toes. They know very well people have a very short memory. There's no reason to think that they wouldn't just blow this over and use the excuse of "the Evo 3D and Sensation were already in production when it was announced and only future devices will have unlocked"... which at that point we'll all know for sure they're full of it..

That said, its only been a little over a week since it was released. Granted, it doesn't take that long at all to unlock the bootloader when you're the one that locked it... So the only excuse I can think of is they'll do it during a maintenance release. If its not done during the next update, then I hate to say there's no hope.. At this point I think we'll have full root thanks to the dev community (as always) than thru HTC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech