1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where did my Apps go???

So I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to do before switching over from my EVO...
    1) I enabled "back up my settings" under Privacy on the OG Evo
    2) I sync'd all my apps thru AppBrain
    3) I had all apps moved to SD card that could be moved.

But after starting up the Evo3D with the SD card from the OG Evo, I can't find ANY of those apps. After downloading and opening AppBrain, the only apps that are being sync'd are the apps already on the phone. What am I missing?? Thanks!

See comment in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRx82 View Post
    So I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to do before switching over from my EVO...
    1) I enabled "back up my settings" under Privacy on the OG Evo
    2) I sync'd all my apps thru AppBrain
    3) I had all apps moved to SD card that could be moved.
    Moving apps to the SD card don't move the entire app, they just move some of the app so that it uses less phone storage. A phone without the app won't recognize the partial app on the SD card.

But after starting up the Evo3D with the SD card from the OG Evo, I can't find ANY of those apps. After downloading and opening AppBrain, the only apps that are being sync'd are the apps already on the phone. What am I missing?? Thanks!
    It is possible that some of the apps you synced with AppBrain either don't exist in the market anymore or have been listed as non-compatible with the 3D (like Netflix).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Apps like VerizonFios, Google Earth, GoogleSky, watchESPN, Epocrates, Facebook....all gone. And for all those apps that weren't able to be moved to SD card, I did what I thought I had to do to be able to restore them quickly on the new device. I guess I can re-download all the apps, but do you think there will be an issue moving apps to the sd card that are technically already there??

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Just in case you haven't done this yet, you did go to Appbrain from a computer and copy your list of applications from your Evo list to your 3D list and then went back to the phone and loaded Appbrain and synced it, right? If you haven't done that then the list is still there, just not associated with your 3D.