Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By emaddox84
  • 1 Post By enthuz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Factory/Hard reset HTC EVO 3D

Hey guys, I would like to factory/hard reset my EVO 3D but am having no luck. I've found instructions to do so such as here:

However, "factory data reset" is not an option in my menu, and holding the volume down button on boot doesn't work either.

I looked in the threads for a solution to no avail. Any suggestions?
    eclipse13 likes this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    Hey guys, I would like to factory/hard reset my EVO 3D but am having no luck. I've found instructions to do so such as here:

However, "factory data reset" is not an option in my menu, and holding the volume down button on boot doesn't work either.

I looked in the threads for a solution to no avail. Any suggestions?
    And you're doing the following?:

Menu>Settings> SD & Phone Storage> Factory Data Reset

That's it.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    And you're doing the following?:

Menu>Settings> SD & Phone Storage> Factory Data Reset

That's it.
    Thanks. That works. However, I'm still confused as to why you can't enter the boot screen by holding the volume down button like you could on the original EVO.

Volume down and power does get you to the boot screen. I had to do it yesterday because the Sprint rep swapped the wrong phone number into my new 3d. Just hold down the volume down and then press power for like 5 seconds.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    Thanks. That works. However, I'm still confused as to why you can't enter the boot screen by holding the volume down button like you could on the original EVO.
    You have to turn off Fast Boot menu>power> uncheck fast boot.... Then power + volume down works
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

I hope we get FAQ Sticky for the EVO 3D soon. There is a lot of valuable information spread out in all of these threads. You guys rock with knowledge and feedback! Thank you.
    nikkisharif likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irock1985 View Post
    You have to turn off Fast Boot menu>power> uncheck fast boot.... Then power + volume down works
    Thanks! This works.

Default Re: Factory/Hard reset HTC EVO 3D

How about evo 3d that doesn't want to boot up with power+down volume button pressed? I've wasted 30minutes doing every possible way I found on the net to make it work but still 0. The problem started when phone closed cause no battery energy left.
    Last edited by niath7; 01-19-2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by niath7 View Post
    How about evo 3d that doesn't want to boot up with power+down volume button pressed? I've wasted 30minutes doing every possible way I found on the net to make it work but still 0. The problem started when phone closed cause no battery energy left.

Go to settings /power and uncheck fastboot

Thank Me if i Helped

Talking Re: Factory/Hard reset HTC EVO 3D

Hit phne on the bottom of the evo 3d, in the dail pad press ##786# , then press menu key and password pops up type in your msl for your phone(secrurity) you can get this number from sprint rep.Info comes up go to the menu key again hit reset and it will do a factory reset.

what if it dont pop up the boot screen im confused help me out how do i do this