External Speaker Low Volume, Poor Indoor 2D Pics

AndroidGuy2

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You know, I honestly don't have a problem with either of those two things. I just tested the volume and I think it's almost as good (if not as good as the Evo) and I thought indoor pictures were better than the Evo? Weird how people have different opinions, eh?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
1. The external speaker sound volume level (horrible).

Yes the speaker is very low.... but I have this one notification sound of the new xbox start up sound and it comes through very loud.. so maybe only certain frequencies getting baffled, which would mean we'd likely see an update to fix it soon

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2 Big 3D Bummers

My seems fine. I listen to ESPN and it is plenty loud. Haven't taken too many pix to rate its performance yet.

rockky

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually the phone rings much louder than say Utube playing.
I think this particular unit might have a problem.
Pictures are just a dissapointment. Slightly better than my 4 g indooors but barely.
I put a lot of stock in camera vid Quality and really had high hopes they'd stepped up their game there (a la the Arc or Samsungs. Not so.
Nice overall upgrade anyway tho.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the pics are on par with the Evo 4G havent made the decision whether or not they are better, but in low light they seem darker to me, but it was a dark day today so will have to try again tomorrow ...

I will agree whole hearted with the Speaker issue, at full volume it sounds like a tin can and is very low, almost sounding like something is covering it from being at its full potential - what i have noticed is that if you lower it down one or two notches from the max it sounds normal again to me anyway ...still thats my only gripe with the phone thus far ... hopefully its an OTA fix but something tells me that might not be possible

duckdive117

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually the phone rings much louder than say Utube playing.
I think this particular unit might have a problem.
Pictures are just a dissapointment. Slightly better than my 4 g indooors but barely.
I put a lot of stock in camera vid Quality and really had high hopes they'd stepped up their game there (a la the Arc or Samsungs. Not so.
Nice overall upgrade anyway tho.

Not to be an d**k but all the reviews of the 3D say the camera is not very good and not really an improvement over the 4G....I think its the same camera thats in the shift but I may be wrong... This is the only reason I did not get this phone, although I was at a sprint store today and the guy was close to selling me one, $50 out the door, no mail in rebate and $150 trade in for my broken 4G...

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My camera doesn't work at all now and I agree 100% about the low volume. I can't even hear videos play on max volume.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a cell phone. Speaker sounds great to me. Are you guys that don't like the pics, making any adjustments to the settings. I found changing things to my liking turns out way better than using the auto setting. Pics look darn good to me. But again it's a cell phone. If your looking for professional grade photos, buy a camera.

rockky

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I have a good camera. Thats a rationalization. And this isn't a phone, its a converged multimedia device ..as such I use many photo's in conjunction with various apps..etc. I'd like a SMARTPHONE camera that simply approximates the industry standard for highend smartphones now.

[/B]
It's a cell phone. Speaker sounds great to me. Are you guys that don't like the pics, making any adjustments to the settings. I found changing things to my liking turns out way better than using the auto setting. Pics look darn good to me. But again it's a cell phone. If your looking for professional grade photos, buy a camera.

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i agree with the speaker volume too. i noticed that yesteday. i can crank it to max and the speakers won't even crackle or hiss or blow out on me. excellent hearing so that's not the problem. plus the speaker used for phone calls sucks. if you look real close at it, the speaker is partially under the screen a bit. i think they could've chosen a speaker that is clear but nope. i'll see how i like the phone call quality after awhile even though it's not up to par.

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the OP, the speaker volume for both speakerphone and ringer are not loud enough for me.

On a related note, I want to have a full ringtone play for a notification but I don't see a way to do this. I only see the ability to use the notifications that are there but not (longer and louder) ringtones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol