EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I knew that name sounded familiar. Music player remix was also one of my fav music apps. Hope to see something from you on android.

My first app will be Quick Post, but Music Player (Remix) may come in the future. I haven't found a music app that's suiting my needs.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My first app will be Quick Post, but Music Player (Remix) may come in the future. I haven't found a music app that's suiting my needs.
I am so spoiled by Music Player (Remix).

Dan there are people who when they come over here will say that what they miss most is Touchstone, Homebrew and Music Player (Remix)!

Reactions: DanPLC

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to report that Quick Post is now available in the Android Marketplace! Be sure to check it out and if you pick up, please rate and comment on it. Every little bit helps in spreading the word!

teabiscuit69

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So ive recently switched from the pre, been a few weeks now. I like my evo 3d, but i gotta say there are some things that annoy the living crap out of me...
1) the damn zoom buttons... i use dolphin, so not in browser, but in the stumbleupon app (best app ever), androidcentral news app, and basically any other app that uses the browser.
2) the damn buttons on the bottom are too sensitive, i wish they were real buttons so i wouldn't hit them accidentally so much
3)the music player skips and acts funky... and theres too many alternatives, what do should i use?
4)voice dial keeps popping up randomly and i don't know why or how to get rid of it. i've never used voicedial... i'd just as soon get rid of it.
5) not being able to swipe between the three launcher pages
6)and for that matter the whole gesture area/swipe to delete
7)this is not multitasking. im sorry, its ****, im sure it'll improve as time goes on.
8)wheres all the linux support? i was gonna put cm7 on my girlfriends hero the other day, but i needed to downgrade to a previous firmware, for root, and the only option i saw was an htc .exe file. where's the love?

the only thing im happy to be leaving behind with the pre is the way all the users felt hp owed them something.... what? you bought a phone, you had it for 2 years, and now you want a discount on your next phone? for what?
it seems like everybody in the fourms had this contempt like hp got drunk and had a hit and run on your grandmother or something. it's just a phone, after 1, sometimes 2 years you get a new one, in a year ill probably go back to webos... so what?

anyway, i gotta say i do like my evo, as much as i did complain about it. now i just need to transfer over all my angry birds progress...

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Me too! Seeing Dan show up, makes getting a 3D much easier decision! Will still use my old Pre as a mp3 player, thanks to remix!

Dan!

The one app I miss more than any other on my EVO is Music Player (Remix)!

I still use it on my Pre. Nothing else comes close to offering the lyrics and simplicity like you do.

As you know you can freely start with the Google music app and customize it. Add in the hooks to the new Google cloud music service and you have something amazing. The API's are open! You have voice search and each integration into Search. Wow. Just imagining where you might take us...

ryang

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Converted yesterday, before I heard about the latest story about Sprint not getting the pre 3.
Learning my way through the OS, glad I switched my GF and I over to the EVO 3d!

Revyloution

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Cut and pasted from the introduction forum:

It's been a bitter sweet day. I just bought the HTC 3D.

In 1996 I bought a Palm Pilot. 128k of memory and 8 shades of grey on a 160x160 screen. And it was amazing. All my contacts, calendar, memo, todo list, and the apps. Oh the apps, they started to come in a trickle, then a flow, then a raging torrent. The apps were fun, helpful and increased my productivity.

Since then, I've had a few upgrades. After the Palm 1000, I had the Palm Pro, the Palm 3c, Handspring Visor and Prism, then the Sony Clie, Palm Treo (WOW! It has a phone built in!!), Palm Centro, and then the Palm OS Pre. Over 15 years, same database, same company. Too bad Palm has dropped the ball. I hung on to the Pre since its launch over 2 years ago. Well, kept replacing broken hand sets, I went through 5 total. Palm isn't the leader that it once was, and today they lost me.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, It's getting ugly over in webOS land. I stopped over to PC yesterday, wow. People are still holding out hope for the Pre3 on Sprint. Truly sad. What's even more sad is that the Pre3 is just a bigger Pre2. That's it. And what if it's as buggy as the Touchpad?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, It's getting ugly over in webOS land. I stopped over to PC yesterday, wow. People are still holding out hope for the Pre3 on Sprint. Truly sad. What's even more sad is that the Pre3 is just a bigger Pre2. That's it. And what if it's as buggy as the Touchpad?

The same people that said they will give them until Christmas last year or else are now saying,, one year later,, that they are giving them til September,, or another one said until January or else! Lol. It's very funny over there.

EVO - LUTION 3D

ckomanap

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Support Group For Palm webOS Users

My name is Vick and I am a recovering webOs user...

webOS had a great opportunity with such a rabid base, but Palm/HP blew it. Ex Pre users aren't just disappointed, they are BITTTERRR, they not only recommend other devices, they badmouth and steer people away from future HP devices. A shame really.
Wholeheartedly agree. Rather than courting the people that kept the magic going, they gave us the single finger salute. So I left in abject irritation.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I miss the most (besides the Touchstone and notifications) is being able to type a contact's initials and get a perfect match.
With Android, I have to type the entire first name, then the first letter of the last to get a match (when the contact has the same first name as others).
Anyone know if this can be changed?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
@ patchs

Just open "people" and hit search and your keyboard pops up. Type one or two letters and you should find who your looking for. Maybe not as elegant but I'll take what Android does over what webOS can't do any day. A Model T was great in it's day too, but I'll take a 2011 Porshe every time. :D

ccdoss

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a synergy question. On my Pre, when I sync'd my FB, yahoo and google contacts, I would have one contact for that one person. I guess it did it based on e-mail address. Also, it would automagically make John Doe's FB pic my pic for the John Doe contact. On my Evo, it appears to be bringing in my FB contact's pictures, but it is keeping them as two separate contact entries. So, when I look in contacts for John Doe, I see the one from Yahoo and the one from FB with the pic. When I look at details, they both have the same info. I've linked them, but get the same thing. What's worse is that when I get or make a call to John, it shows the regular default icon instead of matching it to the one with the picture from FB. How do I get around this?

cfbauer

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I bigger Pre2 with more apps is exactly what I want. I love the form factor, and the way Android apps emulate WebOS's best features look clunky.

preternatural

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I loved and I miss my Pre, but I am digging on the quality of my EVO 3d. I got my Pre- on day 2 and had to finally call it quits after 3 replacements in as many weeks, and I am starting a whole lotta call this week at work, I need a phone that can at least answer phone calls! I have to say that finding this thread gave me the impetus to make the switch and quit grasping at straws.

I really like the hardware, it doesn't feel weak. There are a ton of apps out there and I am having fun exploring them. However, I really miss the elegance of Webos. I gave my old phone to my son for games and music. I was messing with it today and it was just so intuitive to minimize a card, open another to check something and swipe right back. YES, I know you can get back and forth with Android, just not as simply. I miss gestures and swipes. Backing out of things and hitting buttons is so unnatural for me! I end up cussing out the phone for my mistakes ;). That said, I do like my new phone and am so glad to find this thread to help me "adjust". I still have a ton of things to learn and will enjoy the journey!

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
@ patchs

Just open "people" and hit search and your keyboard pops up. Type one or two letters and you should find who your looking for. Maybe not as elegant but I'll take what Android does over what webOS can't do any day. A Model T was great in it's day too, but I'll take a 2011 Porshe every time. :D

That's what I've been doing but I don't get the match in 2 letters, it may take an entire first name if the contact has a common first name like Dave or John.
Yeah, the Evo 3D is a Porsche but it still needs a little fine tuning under the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2