Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    Grand Tech

Default Re: EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users

I finally made the leap to the E3D today but here's my problem. I have all of my Google, Linkedin, and Facebook contacts on my phone. The problem is they are not synced together. In other words John Smith is listed 3 times instead of once like Synergy did. What am I missing here?

Manual syncing is not working either.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You need to link the contacts, if the phone doesn't suggest it for you go into contacts and do it manually (chainlink icon)
    EVO 3D
    Former Pre user
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #278  

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I finally made the leap to the E3D today but here's my problem. I have all of my Google, Linkedin, and Facebook contacts on my phone. The problem is they are not synced together. In other words John Smith is listed 3 times instead of once like Synergy did. What am I missing here?

Manual syncing is not working either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    You need to link the contacts, if the phone doesn't suggest it for you go into contacts and do it manually (chainlink icon)
    Palm sometimes would link contacts that should not have been linked. Android is more cautious. Many of your contacts did link. For the others, use the advice above to link them. It's quick.

Please tell us more detail on exactly what you mean by Manual Sync is not working.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
    Grand Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Palm sometimes would link contacts that should not have been linked. Android is more cautious. Many of your contacts did link. For the others, use the advice above to link them. It's quick.

Please tell us more detail on exactly what you mean by Manual Sync is not working.
    I have over 2000 contacts and the phone did not suggest that any of them be linked.

When I've clicked on the chainlink icon and then clicked on a contact/account to link, they never get linked. It shouldn't make a difference that I'm using CompanionLink/Deja Office to sync my Outlook contacts to my phone and NOT gmail, right? I'm one of those people who does not want to pass my sensitive data through gmail.

Does the order in which the accounts were added matter?

EDIT #1: I deleted and re-added my LinkedIn and FaceBook accounts. This time I did get a notification about suggested contacts to link. It seems to only be working between my FaceBook and Linkedin accounts and not with my CompanionLink account which is being listed as "Google". Also, I can't believe I have to manually click the chainlink next to each contact pair that I want linked. This does talk a long time for someone who has thousands of contacts. After FaceBook and LinkedIn finish syncing, I'm going to delete my CompanionLink account and try that one again. Any other suggestions?

EDIT #2: Ok, I bit the bullet and dumped my contacts into my gmail account and all of my problems went away other than feeling like I'm now more vulnerable to Google's security breeches. I also found the way to select all contacts to link in one step! I may have to give Missing Sync a try in order to get around having to sync with Google.
    Last edited by sjamie; 08-04-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Are the Palm Pre car and AC (1 Ah output) adapters (microUSB) compatible with the Evo 3D? Just wondering about whether some of the old Palm accessories can be re-used for the Evo 3D. It's always nice to recycle if possible.
    Grand Tech

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Are the Palm Pre car and AC (1 Ah output) adapters (microUSB) compatible with the Evo 3D? Just wondering about whether some of the old Palm accessories can be re-used for the Evo 3D. It's always nice to recycle if possible.
    Yes, the Pre chargers and cables work perfectly! The only things that can't be "recycled" are the touchstones (unfortunately).
    Thanked by:

I've been using my Pre wall charger with no issues since 6/25. I plugged my Pre car charger in and after 5 minutes I noticed my phone was getting pretty warm so I stopped using it. I've also used 2 Motorola SPN5400A car chargers with no heat issues. I would recommend monitoring any new/different chargers for any abnormal heat issues for the first 10 to 15 minutes.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post
    I've been using my Pre wall charger with no issues since 6/25. I plugged my Pre car charger in and after 5 minutes I noticed my phone was getting pretty warm so I stopped using it. I've also used 2 Motorola SPN5400A car chargers with no heat issues. I would recommend monitoring any new/different chargers for any abnormal heat issues for the first 10 to 15 minutes.
    Thanks for your replies sjamie and Wiley_11.

I'll heed your advice on the chargers.
    I wonder why the car charger wouldn't be compatible since the output I believe should be the same (5V, 1.0A). At least you can get a new car charger for cheap.

Thanks for your replies sjamie and Wiley_11.

I'll heed your advice on the chargers.
    I wonder why the car charger wouldn't be compatible since the output I believe should be the same (5V, 1.0A). At least you can get a new car charger for cheap.
    I don't know if it's "my" charger that's at fault,it worked fine for running my Touch Stone in the car for a year and a half. I'm not going to use it on my new toy though!
    Grand Tech

Was heat the only issue? Was your car charger actually charging the phone?

The specs of both car chargers are the same; therefore, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Last edited by sjamie; 08-08-2011 at 08:34 AM.

I've been using both the Pre's car charger and AC adapter and they work fine on my Evo 3D. No overheating issues.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Senseless

Has anybody thought of hacking the induction coils from the pre backplate and popping them in a cheap evo 3d case? the coils produce a steady 5v dc, and if you attach wires from the contact terminals you can wire them in to the 3vo's usb port(if you're the warranty-voiding type) or to a micro usb head that plugs in to your 3vo. I definatley have the soldering/wiring talent, its the rest of the modifications I am a little weary about.

Although if anybody does it, POST PICS!

Also, all my palm chargers work. I haven't even used the htc charger at all yet! My car charger works fine. about a year ago the little white LED stopped working, but aside from that, it works great. charges my phone fine, and ive never seen any issues about overheating... check the usb cable you are using. if there is internal fraying/partial wire breaks, it can cause extra heat. that happened to my macbook charger before it caught fire
    Thanked by:
    nightdevil21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Was heat the only issue? Was your car charger actually charging the phone?

The specs of both car chargers are the same; therefore, there shouldn't be any problems.
    I just plugged in the Pre car charger again and it seems fine now, charging and no excessive heat.

Must have been a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post
    I just plugged in the Pre car charger again and it seems fine now, charging and no excessive heat.

Must have been a glitch.
    Good to know. I feel a lot safer about using my old Palm car charger.

Is it worth it to purchase one of these charging docks/cradles that HTC and Seidio produce? It really is too bad that the Touchstones are now paperweights for most of us. It would be cool to be able to get an induction plate for the Evo 3D though.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by eovnu87435ds View Post
    Has anybody thought of hacking the induction coils from the pre backplate and popping them in a cheap evo 3d case? the coils produce a steady 5v dc, and if you attach wires from the contact terminals you can wire them in to the 3vo's usb port(if you're the warranty-voiding type) or to a micro usb head that plugs in to your 3vo. I definatley have the soldering/wiring talent, its the rest of the modifications I am a little weary about.

Although if anybody does it, POST PICS!
    Yes, they have. Google "use touchstone with evo 3d" (without the quotes of course).
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #291  

Quote Originally Posted by jeffb_engr View Post
    Yes, they have. Google "use touchstone with evo 3d" (without the quotes of course).
    Jeff,

I Googled that for you and got this link:

Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM

What are key steps I need to take before deactivating my Pre and moving to the Evo 3D?
    What can I still use on the Pre via Wi-Fi?

Thanks.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #293  

What are key steps I need to take before deactivating my Pre and moving to the Evo 3D?...
    Follow the Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android
    Milo
    Thanked by:

What are key steps I need to take before deactivating my Pre and moving to the Evo 3D?
    What can I still use on the Pre via Wi-Fi?

Thanks.
    Sprint activated my E3D on 6/25 and I didn't do anything. I just checked my Pre and it still works on wifi. I would guess don't sign out of your Palm profile. Calls & texts won't work but internet,google maps,email still work on wifi. I think the E3D is an excellent choice, mine still amazes me everyday. Good luck on whatever you choose you won't be sorry.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

And as of today, HP just justified me jumping ship.

Anybody waiting for the Pre 3 was a moron.
    Thanked by:
    Wiley_11 likes this.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    And as of today, HP just justified me jumping ship.

Anybody waiting for the Pre 3 was a moron.
    What did HP do today?

It was already doomed, no matter how good of a devise it may have been. Carriers have been resisting it, justifiably so I think. HP locked down the App "store" already, and have dragged their feet as well as has been getting beat down over all.

The may be about to strike a deal to sell of the PC business, which may be good, but may also be a sign they're realizing they can't be good at both consumer and commercial and PC's as a whole, shrinking market as it is, is getting handled by others just fine.

It's time they trim down and focus, but seeing sich a great OS go to virtual waste is a shame. I like the new Tablet, but no way in hell and I going to touch one with my own money.

They killed off the TouchPad.

What a WASTE of WebOS. Freakin' A.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    They killed off the TouchPad.

What a WASTE of WebOS. Freakin' A.
    Ya, I should have known. Reporting after hours and I was waiting until after hours to pay more attention. And dummy me, I was about to sell HP earlier and decided to wait to see what they had to say. I can't remember the also time that reported earnings and didn't have information leaked out during the day that skewed everything. Today was no different. Kill the Touchpad, Autonomy deal (which the market loved for about 15 minutes) lowered expectations and don't appear to have the PC spinoff baked in.....they're lost, again.

What a cluster they have been turned in to. And DA me takes a bigger bite in the **** thinking their conference call might have good news.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Sad because it was a good OS , it would be nice if Google would buy it and integrate the best things of WebOS into Android... but with that said I'm still very happy with my Evo 3D!

I hate to say I told them so! It's a sad day for all those suckers that were waiting and begging and pleading Sprint to carry the hp Fail 3 and the others who brought the Failpad. I'm glad that I got on that lifeboat the Evo 4g on day one and now the Evo 3D.
    Thanked by: