EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users
05-08-2012 04:53 PM
- I had a pre- since Aug 09 and even a Pre2 the last few months, but I hopped to the Evo 3D on Friday.
I do miss the physical keyboard. Texting has become slightly annoying. Using the swiftkey X beta keyboard, hoping it will grow on me.
I miss being able to swipe away individual notifications instead of just tapping "Clear".
Of course I miss the cards, but "Perfect Task Switcher" has made it better.
As for your texting app, go download "Go SMS Pro". It's pretty impressive on every level.
The Sprint TeleNav is also a LOT better than on the Pre.
If you are used to just typing the persons name, add "Call History" to the search settings. Helps a lot.
Also if you've been using Neato!, go check out "Chrome to Phone". Not as feature rich, but pretty much the same and for free.
Just a few observations from the last two days. Lovin the phone so far.06-26-2011 11:24 AM
- 06-26-2011 12:57 PM
- Not sure if this question has already been posted or not, haven't taken the time out to review every single one in this thread, so forgive me if it has. Are there any possibility of transfering all ( or even most ) of my sms text messages from palm pre over to my EVO 3d? I've done some research on this ( mostly google ), but so far its not looking promising. Figured ill give this forum a shot. Thanks!06-26-2011 01:17 PM
Android can automatcially sync Exchange, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other accounts into your Calendar and Contacts. As friendsupdate their email addresses, birthdays, phone numbers, events, photos, and status, your phone is automatically updated.
Are you talking about Outlook Sync? Are you using Outlook Calendar Sync to keep your Google Calendar (used in Android) synced with your Outlook calendar. The Missing Sync for Android and CompanionLink for Google can sync Outlook contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, with Google (Android). I use CompanionLink.
For Exchange, everyone loves Touchdown. Just add it into your sync.
For music, I prefer Music Player Meridian TuneWiki.06-26-2011 02:53 PM
- I forgot to mention most people I know with launch day EVO 4Gs are still using the same ones! If it were a pre, they would have gone through three or four replacements already LOL. The one I traded in yesterday looked like it came straight out of the box except for one small scuff....and I didn't use a case!
I really did love WebOS, and will miss some of it's features. But weak hardware and little support from developers made it hard to stick with it.06-26-2011 03:01 PM
- 06-26-2011 03:36 PM
- I don't think you're understanding. I know there's a search button. I miss just going straight to typing to accomplish any task, without hitting a search button or finding your search widget or anything else. Just typing. It's not physically possible on this phone. Like I said, I will miss it, but I will get over it.06-26-2011 05:15 PM
- 06-26-2011 05:20 PM
For more, see the Getting Started section on Applications.06-26-2011 07:15 PM
- 06-26-2011 07:50 PM
- Hello Everyone,
I am about to make the switch as well and have a wierd problem. I made an email account, put it on my Pre -, and then forgot the password. I would like to have that account on Evo 3D but I can not recover the password at all. (I misstyped my recovery email...twice....i know...lol)
Is there any way to "unhide" the passwords for email accounts on the palm pre? If not, when I switch phones, I will lose access to that email as that phone is the only place I have the password stored.
Any help would be apreciated..06-26-2011 08:15 PM
- Damn, either the Precentral faithful had a massive defection to the E3D or we are just a pissed off minority but there are so many Pre threads here! haha I'm waiting for the FedEx man as I type this so I'll give my impressions later. I don't know why people cling to any platform, especially webOS, it will take HP YEARS to catch up to what is available today on iOS, Android and WPmango.
My thinking is that two years down the road, either webOS will have fulfilled its potential and I may switch back, or I'll stay with another great OS, Android.06-26-2011 08:26 PM
- I don't think you're understanding. I know there's a search button. I miss just going straight to typing to accomplish any task, without hitting a search button or finding your search widget or anything else. Just typing. It's not physically possible on this phone. Like I said, I will miss it, but I will get over it.
If you buy a phone that does not have a slide-out keyboard, you can't slide out the keyboard.06-26-2011 09:01 PM
- Executive Assistant will let you set different repeating alerts for missed calls, emails, texts, etc.
Would that make the phone light up showing that there's a message? I don't want pop-up intrusive notifications while USING the phone though.06-26-2011 09:24 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 3D
EVO 3D Support Group For Palm webOS Users
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD