3D Movie Format, and where to download?

puchdog

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do these converters convert the movies in side by side? Cause if don't we can c it. I downloaded a 3d movie but it wasn't a side by side and it didn't work for me.

trup522

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Where to get more 3d movies?

So surprisingly, I'm really impressed with the 3d part of the EVO 3d. My only problem is, where can I find more 3d movies besides the green hornet? I thought that the blockbuster on demand app would have some, but searching for 3d brings up movies that don't explicitly say they are in 3d and I don't want to spend the money to find out if they are or not. So besides YouTube and like 4 games from gameloft, where the heck is the 3d content?

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where to get more 3d movies?

I think that's one of the problems right now. Not enough content available in 3D at this moment, but I think you will see that change in the very near future with the release of The Evo 3D, LG Optimus 3D, and Thrill 3D.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

just guessing, but I don't think there is a whole lot of 3D content now because there aren't really a lot of mobile devices with 3D technology. There should be more in time.

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

3D is still in its infancy. There isn't a whole lot of content, especially for mobile devices. It'll get better though. Can the Evo 3D play 3D from Blu-ray over the MHL?

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does the EVO 3D Play any video format besides H.264?

Download vplayer from the market. There's a trial, and it costs about 5 dollars. I played a 720p h264 mkv file with subtitles almost flawlessly.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I tried it and it played my mp4 files with ac3 audio perfectly. I already purchased it. This is somethign my Evo 4G never could do, I had to encode stuff specificly for the EVO, now I can play files right our our server that are encoded for our Tivo.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
All i've done is take any .avi/mkv/mp4 video and use Handbrake to convert it for the EVO. I picked the iPhone setting but then I changed the resolution to 960x540 instead of whatever lowrez one it was. They look and play great.

Actually I did do one change: I changed the bitrate to 1500kbps. At the "Quality" setting by default, the movies were coming in at over 4GB and they just didn't work (even on my PC). I'm sure up to 2000 it would be fine too. A 2 hour movie ends up being a nice 1.5GB or so at 1500.

sethpcs

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
All i've done is take any .avi/mkv/mp4 video and use Handbrake to convert it for the EVO. I picked the iPhone setting but then I changed the resolution to 960x540 instead of whatever lowrez one it was. They look and play great.

Actually I did do one change: I changed the bitrate to 1500kbps. At the "Quality" setting by default, the movies were coming in at over 4GB and they just didn't work (even on my PC). I'm sure up to 2000 it would be fine too. A 2 hour movie ends up being a nice 1.5GB or so at 1500.
If you go above 4GB, you must check the "Large file size" checkbox, but the resulting file may not be playable on some devices/players.

From Handbrake's FAQ:
"By Default, HandBrake outputs MP4 files with 32bit headers. This means that if the file grows above 4GB, it will be rendered useless. Enabling this option will force HandBrake to use 64bit headers, however some devices do not support this."

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly though, at 1500kbps it looks good on this screen, I'm not sure why I'd need to go above it, so there's no danger in having a 4GB file unless it's 5 hours long

abby182000

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What website u downloaded the movie from?

They may have stumbled onto my thread over at droidappz I have been busy converting and uploading all of my 3d movies. Right now I am at a standstill due to the site not loading so I can't update the thread and add the new links. I don't want to move the files on my computer around until I get those links posted. Once the site starts loading again I can pull more files off my 3dtv and convert more!

audiophile1983

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
HI NOT SURE IF I AM POSTING INTHERIGHT SPOT BUT I JUST GOT AN EVO3D AND I AM MAKING A TON OF IMAX 3D MOVIES AND AVATAR IS ALMOST DONE, THE UNIVERSE:7 WONDERS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM, I WILL SHARE THESE WITH ANY ONE WHO CAN TELL ME HOW.....

NOW MY SECOND QUESTION IS WHY CANT I TRANSFER ANYTHIGN BIGGER THAN 4g TO MY SD CARD??? I TRIED FORMATTING TO NTFS BUT THEN THE PHONE DIDNT RECOGNIZE THE CARD...IS THERE A WAY AROUND THIS OR DO I HAVE TO BREAK MY MOVIES INTO PIECES(HOW LAME)

ANY ONE KNOW OF A GOOD PROGRAM TO CLIP MOVIES IN HALF WITHOUT HAVING TO REENCODE THEM ALL OVER AGAIN??? PLEASE HELP ME, AND SORRY ABOUT THE DAMN SPACE KEY THIS COMPS A P.O.S.

-MARK

andiggity

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
hi not sure if i am posting intheright spot but i just got an evo3d and i am making a ton of imax 3d movies and avatar is almost done, the universe:7 wonders of the solar system, i will share these with any one who can tell me how.....

Now my second question is why cant i transfer anythign bigger than 4g to my sd card??? I tried formatting to ntfs but then the phone didnt recognize the card...is there a way around this or do i have to break my movies into pieces(how lame)

any one know of a good program to clip movies in half without having to reencode them all over again??? Please help me, and sorry about the damn space key this comps a p.o.s.

-mark

stop shouting!

audiophile1983

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
damn, i was hoping for some answers or some input. my bad, i was and still am so excited about this phone i guess the capslock was just too much for some of you lol....but serioulsy i just finished avatar 3D and i made the video quality 15mB and the audio @ 512Kb....its so unbelievably insane i almost cried with joy...actually i did, so what......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084