Why are incoming SMS going to Gmail?

DavidML3

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I stop this? I want my incoming text messages to come into my text message app that comes with the phone. Currently they are going to gmail and gmail is notifying me of texts. I have over 100 different messages in my gmail from just texts today.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why are incoming sms going to gmail?

How do I stop this? I want my incoming text messages to come into my text message app that comes with the phone. Currently they are going to gmail and gmail is notifying me of texts. I have over 100 different messages in my gmail from just texts today.

Hmmm, did you change any options in Google Voice lately?

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I imagine you installed Google Voice and picked to use the GV number. In which case you send a message and when someone replies, they reply to your GV and that sents it to your email.

I think you can disable this in the Google Voice settings page (using desktop browser.)

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

I am loving the features of GV, but I like the way my Gmail, SMS, etc. are setup now. Is there a way to have both? I haven't activated GV yet until I'm more educated on the app and effects.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084