1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Why are incoming SMS going to Gmail?

How do I stop this? I want my incoming text messages to come into my text message app that comes with the phone. Currently they are going to gmail and gmail is notifying me of texts. I have over 100 different messages in my gmail from just texts today.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Default Re: Why are incoming sms going to gmail?

Quote Originally Posted by wtd03 View Post
    How do I stop this? I want my incoming text messages to come into my text message app that comes with the phone. Currently they are going to gmail and gmail is notifying me of texts. I have over 100 different messages in my gmail from just texts today.
    Hmmm, did you change any options in Google Voice lately?

Quote Originally Posted by wtd03 View Post
    I imagine you installed Google Voice and picked to use the GV number. In which case you send a message and when someone replies, they reply to your GV and that sents it to your email.

I think you can disable this in the Google Voice settings page (using desktop browser.)

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

I am loving the features of GV, but I like the way my Gmail, SMS, etc. are setup now. Is there a way to have both? I haven't activated GV yet until I'm more educated on the app and effects.

You need to turn off Sync SMS in Microsoft Exchange settings

Quote Originally Posted by phan9998 View Post
    Really? Two and a half years later

Sent From Above Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    It helped me today. I have been trying to find a solution all day. This is the only place I have found it. So thank you. Better late than never.