Am I the only one here disappointed with this phones performance?

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it true that the OG Evo has already received the OTA Gingerbread update but the Samsung Epic has not? If so, that's proof!

The epic outperforms the evo and it's still on froyo. when the epic receives GB I think it will be on par with the 3d.

jwsoldier

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one here disappointed with this phones performa

I upgraded from the OG evo and im not sure why ppl are complainig about battery life... my battery is double that of the original evo. i took it to work today for 8 hours and used it to make a few calls and even played modern combat 2 for a half hour during my break, came home and still had 75% of my battery. As far as performance goes, the thing just flies. I can actually play n64oid and play both zeldas and mario 64 at full speed with no issues at all. I didn't really buy it for the gaming but more because my og evo was worth 150$ in trade so it was a 50$ upgrade for 2 and 1/2 times the phone. No brainer....

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I dont quite understand ur last line. What are u trying to imply, Everyone raving about this device are coming from Motorola startacs? The good user feedback is false? People are lying? Sorry to hear all the issues ur having with the 3D, but could it be that u were just unlucky and got a lemon? The user reviews this device is getting are overwhelming positive. Speaking from experience It is quite fast, and lag free and much better than the original in terms of battery life.

And as far as being king of specs, right now that title belongs to the Evo yet again. And it'll probably stay in the upper echelon until for quite a while because everything high end on the immediate horizon is dual core, hi Res screen, 4+ inch screen, 4G capable etc etc. Basically, everything the 3D is now, So I'm really not understanding what ur trying to say.
In regards to my last line, I thought it was pretty obvious. Look around on the threads and you see people absolutely gloating about how awesome their phone is and how it's great. The beginning of this whole thread was filled with such comments. How is that helpful for people who are looking for honest feedback on how the phone is working? Some people feel that in order to justify their purchase, they makes others comply with their choice; that it was the right one. I could care less the choice that people make, as long as they make an informed one. If you don't agree that's fine, you have every right to.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I think the people who are complaining about performance issues are basing them off benchmarks. How about ya'll go use the phone to do everyday tasks then come back and let us know how it went. My evo 3d is so damn quick its amazing. Simple things that took a little time on the OG evo is almost instant on the 3d. Sending a txt for example. When I hit enter its almost instant vs my og evo and optimus s, it takes a lil while then it goes thru. Same with browsing the web. I'm at work right now, and I had to disconnect from wifi, because certain sites are blocked. I was amazed at the speed of the browser and how fast the pages loaded. And this was all on 3g in my office.

I have'nt been playing much games except for the spiderman game that came with the phone and it runs fine for me. No stuttering or anything and I have 3d set to max.

jwsoldier

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

In regards to my last line, I thought it was pretty obvious. Look around on the threads and you see people absolutely gloating about how awesome their phone is and how it's great. The beginning of this whole thread was filled with such comments. How is that helpful for people who are looking for honest feedback on how the phone is working? Some people feel that in order to justify their purchase, they makes others comply with their choice; that it was the right one. I could care less the choice that people make, as long as they make an informed one. If you don't agree that's fine, you have every right to.
As stated a few posts ago, I don't have to justify my purchase because I spent 50$ + tax. The honest feedback is that the phone flies. The topic of the post is a little misleading because it just states "phone performance", which one can only guess is overall performance. Then he states in his post that it doesnt compare to other phones when it comes to gaming which i also disagree with because so far, every game i've played has played flawlessly, Including emulators and high end games like modern combat 2 and sacred odyssey. Don't start throwing out benchmark numbers because the phone has only been out for 1 day and we've barely scratched the surface of its capabilities.

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

As stated a few posts ago, I don't have to justify my purchase because I spent 50$ + tax. The honest feedback is that the phone flies. The topic of the post is a little misleading because it just states "phone performance", which one can only guess is overall performance. Then he states in his post that it doesnt compare to other phones when it comes to gaming which i also disagree with because so far, every game i've played has played flawlessly, Including emulators and high end games like modern combat 2 and sacred odyssey. Don't start throwing out benchmark numbers because the phone has only been out for 1 day and we've barely scratched the surface of its capabilities.
Who's throwing out benchmark numbers? Clearly, you must be referencing someone else as I not once mentioned that. Reason being it's rubbish. I need an app to tell me how my phones performance is would be equivalent to me needing my beer can to tell me it is cold.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Did you even read what I said??? I am not basing anything off benchmarks! I clearly said every game I ran on the Evo 3D had a considerably lower frame rate than my Nexus S 4G. A few other posters in this thread are saying the same thing. Now whether over time these games become better optimized for the Evo 3D is another story. All I know is I don't feel like waiting and I am gladly back on my Nexus S 4G. With its better battery life, non washed out colors,lightweight feel, and just better gaming performance I will be more than happy until a GS2 or something of that nature is released on Sprint.

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I live in a rural area and used the hotspot on my EVO 4g for internet coverage for my PCs out here. It worked great. I've only had the 3d since yesterday, but I'm having a really hard time getting a signal for the hotspot here at home. The best signal for me is outside, but leaving my phone out there isn't really the solution I was looking for. Right now I have it on my window sill -- and it's working, but if I bring the phone over to where my computer is, the signal drops. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this is the only option I have for internet so it's the difference between keeping it or returning it (and I sold my EVO, darnit).

jwsoldier

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Who's throwing out benchmark numbers? Clearly, you must be referencing someone else as I not once mentioned that. Reason being it's rubbish. I need an app to tell me how my phones performance is would be equivalent to me needing my beer can to tell me it is cold.
Sorry, I was referencing the OP about the benchmark thing. Was just saying, its hard to give 100% honest feedback when the OP was misleading to the actual subject of this thread.

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I was referencing the OP about the benchmark thing. Was just saying, its hard to give 100% honest feedback when the OP was misleading to the actual subject of this thread.
This is true. I'm sure all of us with the devices in hand (not I as my phone has been charging since 8PM EST) will continue to monitor how it performs. The majority of us have had the phone for only a few days so, time will tell about how it truly works.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Nothing is misleading at all! Performance is the same as game performance. I already clarified in the first sentence of my post that the phone is fast otherwise!

jwsoldier

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Nothing is misleading at all! Performance is the same as game performance. I already clarified in the first sentence of my post that the phone is fast otherwise!
Understood. Just sayin that some ppl might read the subject and post their comment in defense of their purchase without actually reading the post and realizing its about game performance and benchmarks. Hence, a lot of comments disagreeing with you without necessarily giving you 100% honest feedback.

Reactions: devgrp

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Understood. Just sayin that some ppl might read the subject and post their comment in defense of their purchase without actually reading the post and realizing its about game performance and benchmarks. Hence, a lot of comments disagreeing with you without necessarily giving you 100% honest feedback.

Agreed! Well I sure got peoples attention with the thread name lol...

jwsoldier

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Agreed! Well I sure got peoples attention with the thread name lol...
Yea you did. :p But other than benchmarks have you actually tried playing some higher end games yet? If so, which games? I've played sacred odyssey, modern combat 2, obviously spider man 3d, final fantasy 7 and legend of dragoon via fpse, mario 64, zelda oot, zelda majoras mask via n64oid and everything flies!!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea you did. :p But other than benchmarks have you actually tried playing some higher end games yet? If so, which games? I've played sacred odyssey, modern combat 2, obviously spider man 3d, final fantasy 7 and legend of dragoon via fpse, mario 64, zelda oot, zelda majoras mask via n64oid and everything flies!!

Where did you get the legend of dragoon man? That game is sick!

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Where did you get the legend of dragoon man? That game is sick!

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

Only one I tried was the Spider man game. It ran okay I guess. Not a great frame rate and it has blotchy characters but other than that it seems fun.

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

i came from a palm pre and this phone is the greatest thing ever compared to it.i cant beileve that the op compared this phone to the pre. it didnt even play the games that well.

Obviously you never played many games on the Palm Pre. That phone is hardware accelerated just like the Iphone. It ran games beautifully! Also for the many people who overclocked their Pres to 800mhz or 1GHZ it made the games even smoother! The Pre is quite a impressive phone for how old it is. 2 years and 1 month almost. If only HPalm knew how to make something that doesn't break when you breathe on it...

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

It must b u cuz I love the performance of this ph n I was running cm7 on my evo, overclocked to 1152 n I put them to the test through a lot of websites n evo3d is living up to its dual core

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I personally am impressed by it, but I only have the og Evo to compare it too as far as android devices go. The evo was much better than the pre that it replaced (except for UI but thats just eye candy). Everything I use the phone for seems much faster. I'm sure when developers start taking advantages of the dual core and the graphics chipset games will perform much better for you. I spend my time surfing more than I do playing games. But so far the few games I've tried seem to work fine. I'm assuiming your nexus isn't running HTC sense in the background, perhaps it's all the extra things that the evo3d is doing in the background that your nexus device isn't doing that is making your experience bad.

I bought this phone because it's htc and it's dual core and the spinning carousel will provide me with hours of entertainment. Close your eyes spin the screen, tap it and if it lands on friend stream you take a shot. How many phones out there have such a wonderful drinking game built in. But in all seriousness, you've got 30 days to take it back.