Contacts all messed up

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I transferred the contacts from my 4G via Bluetooth, Google login, and Facebook.

Now some people have up to 5 entries in my contacts and it's basically just a mess. Any ideas how to clean up my contact list?

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You can link them together by using the tiny chain link icron that is to the right of the contact name when you're viewing their details

Jhines77

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having contact issues as well. coming from the pre, every contact matched up perfectly and automatically. on this phone, a few linked together, however those that didnt will NOT link together no matter how many times i press link and even restart and battery pull the phone. The google contact will not link with my facebook contacts so i have doubles of almost everyone. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, I exported my contacts from Google on the PC, then deleted all the contacts on the phone. Imported the contacts back into Google and let the phone sync on it's own with no import.

All seems well now and the phone suggested links between the Facebook and Google contacts so all the duplicates are cleared up. I guess transferring from the old phone mucked up everything.

Gstringbass

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
They transferred all my contacts off my Pre onto the 3D at Best Buy. I have oh so many duplicate contacts. Whats the easiest way to fix this? it seems like you figured it out Darth. I don't have any Google contacts basically just Facebook manually input numbers on my Pre and some AIM screen names that are probably useless to have on there.

sevennc74

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine all synced fine, but I'm not getting any photos that are with the Facebook for synce on the text messages or contact app. They will come through when I choose Facebook. But wondering how I can chose the contacts for facebook as default.

SFWD1934

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yea I was trying to go through all ofine as well. They got all screwy on my 3D. I came from a 4G where everything was fine.

Jason

Gstringbass

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sevennc74 you aren't seeing the facebook pictures because your transferred contacts are not "linking" with your facebook contacts which is the same issue I'm having having. You probably have a bunch of duplicate contacts in your address book. Every once in a while it will prompt b me about linking two contacts and it will work, but I can't get it to work manually. Not that I want to manually link a hundred our more contacts.............

ElijahRain

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you had the Pre, all your contacts were already backed up in your Google account. Reset your phone to factory and start over. Don't import from the Pre and you'll be good to go.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having contact issues as well. coming from the pre, every contact matched up perfectly and automatically. on this phone, a few linked together, however those that didnt will NOT link together no matter how many times i press link and even restart and battery pull the phone. The google contact will not link with my facebook contacts so i have doubles of almost everyone. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it?

I had the same issue coming from a Pre...all of my Pre contacts (which had the numbers) would not link with facebook or gmail. even when I manually tried to do it.

I exported all of the contacts to the SD card. Erased the contacts. Then I imported them from my SD card to my gmail account and used that to link to the other accounts.

Check out the thread - facebook won't sync (I think that is the title).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888