3D TV's and the Evo 3D

bvman3Devo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is a repost, but I?m having issues with connecting my EVO 3D with my 50? Panasonic Viera 3D TV. I preordered the phone from Sprint and got it on 6/22. When I did the order I had a list of accessories from Sprint, and purchased the HDMI cable that was in the options list. This list of accessories was listed from Sprints website, so I figured it would work...WRONG!!!! Apparently they are selling the EVO4 HDMI for the EVO 3D and it does not work. Now I have to send that POS back.

Long story short. Before I bought this phone I read it was HDMI compatible (see here under shower & teller HTC Mobile Phones - EVO ) with 3D TV?s. Called Sprint and waited of 20 mins to get a answer...not HDMI compatible??? Call HTC, wait 40 mins, and they blame it on Sprint??? Everyone I talked to in customer service had no answer for me and I had to be put on hold with both companies so they could try and find a answer...BULL****!

It is HDMI compatible, but you need a MHL connection on your TV, and the cable which is sold in the UK. Not all 3D TV?s have this technology, it?s pretty new. I bought my TV in Dec. of last year and I guess it?s already outdated. I did hear they are planning to make a converter, but I didn?t get any promise it would be available anytime soon.

If anyone out there has been able to connect their phone to a 3D TV, please help me out with this...thanks a bunch, trust a forum more than the people that sells us this ****...lol

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding is the USB port on the Evo 3d does the HDMI as well. If the TV does not support MHL, it will still work, but will not provide power to the Evo 3d.

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get is....is it a cord or is it an adapter that plugs into the micro usb port?

It sure would be nice to have the products available (at least ONE) when a phone launches. At least last year Sprint had the micro HDMI cable.

Wavfact

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried hard to find a cable today here in Columbus, OH.. Went to every store I could think of, even Verizon and AT&T stores! No one had a cable, I confused the heck out of Best Buy staff who I bought the phone from yesterday.. In another thread, someone posted a link for me to a site which had them for roughly $17 but were out of stock till mid July. :(

It shoudl work with a 3D TV has it used 2 pictures to create the 3D effect, I'd imagine the V would be set to SBS mode? I'm interested in trying it.. I am going to research DLNA to see if that will work without the HDMI adapter.

bvman3Devo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to Sprint, Radio Shack and Best Buy and all of them have never even heard of MHL. Even when I called HTC the rep I talked to had to go ask someone about it. I just don't get it, you would think there would be a clear answer if this phone can play 3D content on a 3D TV, and how you can do it. I also just read that a MHL V.1.0 can't play 3D content, only HD 2D.

Link about MHL

What you should know about the MHL port on the HTC EVO 3D and EVO View 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois