| || |
time, browser, pandora, contacts, kb, bloatware, fb, camera probs
i posted my questions in the"EVO 3D Issues and problems....." (page 24) thread, but i have not received any answers and the thread already added two more pages and i doubt my post will get read... i need help
this is my original post:
i am having more than a few questions.. and i tried researching to get an answer but couldn't find any.
Background: Original Palm Pre owner and WebOs fan (just got tired of waiting for the Pre3 on Sprint)
- switched my broken Pre for a NS4G.
- switched NS4G for EVO 3D
1) for some reason this morning i was holding the phone on portrait and was searching the app catalog, web browsing, test messaging and a few other things that kept my screen from turning off and moving the phone to landscape. when i look at the clock on the status bar it says it is 0630, and then i look up to the tv on CNN and the actual time is 0640!!! when i realized the clock didn't refresh i stared and stared at it and sure enough another 2 minutes went by and the clock didn't refresh. it wasn't until i went to Sense homescreen and the HTC Clock refreshed the 12 minutes it had lagged behind but the clock on the status bar didn't. i performed a restart and they seemed to be OK. and then it happened again, only this time the difference from my wrist watch to the phone clock varies from a minute to a minute-an-half.... can someone explain to me how does HTC Sense refreshes the clock or time????
why does it take sol long for the phone to refresh the time when it is one of the most critical pieces of information any smartphone user can have?....does this affect the alarms?
PS: i have the Date & Time settings to Network Time.
2) while browsing the internet the Status Bar disappears therefore browsing at full screen... well, this is very very annoying because i constantly monitor the time and the battery status. as well as it make it easy to drop down the notification bar. And i find it very irritating to press the Menu button to bring the status bar along with the menu options. i tried looking at the setting to disable full screen browsing but can't find it, any ideas??
3) while listening to Pandora (as i have not added music yet to my phone) and a text comes in, the phone does the expected, lowers the Pandora volume and plays notification tone but you can still hear the music in the background. well my problem is that when i plug a headset or an AUX cable for car stereo and i am listening to Pandora and a text comes in, Pandora completely mutes and the notification tone is played through the Evo3D speaker, making it very annoying while driving. any ideas? suggestions?
4) my contacts are all a mess, same issues discussed on a different thread about cell numbers displaying on every incoming message. but i have a work around and use Go SMS.
5) stock keyboard was replaced by Go Keyboard because stock didn't give me the punctuation symbols on top of the QWERTY row like the stock NS4G did.
6) Bloatware: BIG ONE!!! and i am not just talking about Sprint Apps (as i do enjoy the NASCAR, Sprint TV and Telenav) but talk about HTC's amount of junk!..... can someone tell me how to delete Amazon, FM Radio, Footprint (what the hell is it anyway?), Friend Stream (i find it a bit redundant if you have the Facebook App, and i don't use Twitter or Likedin so i don't need it), HTC Hub, HTC Likes, HTC GUI, Mirror (just open the camera and switch to front facing camera), Peep, Quick Lookup, Reader, Sprint Mobile Wallet, Sprint Zone, Stocks (don't have any investments, yet).
yes i tried going into Application Settings, Manage Applications but none of these give me the option to delete.
7) what is Facebook for HTC Sense? is it an App, plug in? what's the point of that if you can download the Facebook for Android app??
8) is there anyway that the camera can take pictures faster? i mean, with my Pre i used to hold don the space bar and it would capture an image continuously. the NS4G didn't do it and Evo 3D doesn't either. this comes in very handy with two kids running around and needed to snap a very quick picture.
thanks for all your help. i really hope i can find some answers...
PS: not everything is bad, i really like the speaker, i think it is just as loud as my OG Palm Pre and quite louder than the NS4G.