[Poll] How are you liking the 3D feature?

What do you think about the 3D features of the E3D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that we have all played with the 3D element of our newly purchased device, what do you think of the 3D tech?

For me, it's way better than what I was expecting. I played with a Nintendo 3Ds for a bit and found it just ok. However, the 3D features of the EVO 3D are very cool and were a lot better than what I saw on the 3Ds. I have showed a bunch of friends (non E3D owners) the 3D pictures and video capture and they were floored by it. I'm not too sure how often I will use it but is sure is a cool thing to have. Great job HTC!!

Last edited:

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's awesome, but unfortunately I'm not much of a phone video game player, so it'll probably be a waste for me. Spiderman demo was alright, but I'm not into those type of games. I just wish people would stop using the 3d label on games that aren't 3d.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I assumed that the 3D was just a consumer gimmick, but I was pleasantly surprised that not only does it work, but it's actually really cool. My kids love it and we spent an hour taking pictures and video.

After seeing the game and a few minutes of the movie, I can see this tech being standard equipment in the very near future.

venom376

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I assumed that the 3D was just a consumer gimmick, but I was pleasantly surprised that not only does it work, but it's actually really cool. My kids love it and we spent an hour taking pictures and video.

After seeing the game and a few minutes of the movie, I can see this tech being standard equipment in the very near future.

I agree.. but makes u feel cross-eyed after a bit.. lol

grotty

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
When I got it and first fired it up I was dissapointed by the 3d sample pictures.. after getting home and watching the videos "cutting through youtube 3d" (or something like that) and a couple other ones by the same person the 3D effect blew my mind.. I wasnt expecting it to be THAT good..

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Now that we have all played with the 3D element of our newly purchased device, what do you think of the 3D tech?

For me, it's way better than what I was expecting. I played with a Nintendo 3Ds for a bit and found it just ok. However, the 3D features of the EVO 3D are very cool and were a lot better than what I saw on the 3Ds. I have showed a bunch of friends (non E3D owners) the 3D pictures and video capture and they were floored by it. I'm not too sure how often I will use it but is sure is a cool thing to have. Great job HTC!!

I agree. Went out to lunch with family yesterday and showed them the 3D pics and the camera and they were all wowed by the 3D. It's something that I wont use much but a neat little extra to have on the phone. Because to me, this is a phone first and foremost, not a 3D gaming system or a camera.....but a phone. Plain and simple. :cool:

jjrausch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After reading the initial reviews i thought the 3d would be lame. I was wrong, not sure what everyone was complaining about. I am very impressed.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
For me, I won't call it "amazing" (when I compare it to the other features of the device), but it surprised me at how well it worked and that I went from thinking I wasn't going to use it (before using it) to thinking I'll use it more often than not. The feature is pretty cool.

I never thought it was a gimmick. People forget about all the other features. Just because they call it "3D" doesn't mean that's all the device is about. You can the dual-core procs, qHD screen, 1gb of ram and more.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Great feed back! I feel the same as most of you, in that I didn't think I would use it much either. But once I started showing it to people they were just amazed! One of my friends is a die hard iphone guy and he said, "Jeez, this thing makes my iphone seem to antiquated!" We then proceeded to shoot about 20 3D pics and 5 3D video and we were both just floored by how well it worked. Please keep the comments and votes coming!

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use amazing loosely.

With the fact that you can re-align your 3D photos, that makes that part of it amazing. Youtube 3D, amazing. 3D movies, amazing.

3D videos you shoot yourself, they CAN be amazing, but can fall short if you shoot too close to the subject.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw it. Way better than I had expected watching green Hornet. Then I viewed the sample 3D pics, and was instantly dizzy and had to look away.
But I've found that its only the sample pics that made me do it. Everything else I've viewed, made by me or professional, whatever, has been perfectly fine. Weird.

So, overall, I'm blown away with the quality. Very happy.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw it. Way better than I had expected watching green Hornet. Then I viewed the sample 3D pics, and was instantly dizzy and had to look away.
But I've found that its only the sample pics that made me do it. Everything else I've viewed, made by me or professional, whatever, has been perfectly fine. Weird.

So, overall, I'm blown away with the quality. Very happy.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Many of the sample pics need to be realigned. So....just re-aligned them to be eyeball friendly :)

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was going to be a lame afterthought, but its honestly pretty cool.
The camera can be a little daunting sometimes looking through the screen to let it focus. can get kinda squirly. But viewing content looks good first hand.
Whenever I let someone look at it though, I tell them to hold the phone because what I see and the angle i see it at might be drastically different than what they see when holding it.

I only did a short video, but looked fairly cool for what I was shooting

chong67

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I cant look at it for too long. It give me headache.

I show it to my friends and they said the same thing too.

The refresh rate is not high?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon