Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need some help with Gtalk please.

Coming from a launch day Palm Pre, when I used gtalk on that device it was quick and simple, set up, input information and away I went. I was figuring Android/Google and gtalk would be just as simple, but I seem to be having major issues so far.

Right now no one in my friends list shows up when I tap on Gtalk, It's just my name and my status. I can do "chat invites" and then they join but if I back away from the conversation, say back to home screen, I can't click on gtalk and my conversation isn't there. I have to search for the persons name to look through old conversations to bring it back up.

Is there something I'm doing drastically wrong or is it just a issue with launch day device?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Need some help with Gtalk please.

Yeah, something is just going wrong with your phone. It is supposed to automatically sign in once you put your Gmail account. But at least try going into Gtalk and sign out. Turn off the phone and sign back in. That might force it to recheck your friends list and all that jazz.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the fast reply Marq, but that didn't work.

On a sidenote, I downloaded Gtalk to my PC and set it up and it showed my friends list, no issue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Took the extreme route and Factory Reset it, seemed to fix the issue - Good thing I havent been able to do much with the phone so far.