Need Help With Anything... Check Here First!

cef1950

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I do!!!! Newbie here! Came from a BB Tour to a HTC Evo 3D so still learning. I downloaded 2 zip files that are ringtones but need one as a notification for my text messages. Question is how to I transfer the unzipped ringtone to nofication? Please help:'(

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I do!!!! Newbie here! Came from a BB Tour to a HTC Evo 3D so still learning. I downloaded 2 zip files that are ringtones but need one as a notification for my text messages. Question is how to I transfer the unzipped ringtone to nofication? Please help:'(

First let me say that this thread was intended to direct questions to the sticky post but i'll still go ahead and answer here....

This is a very tricky thing to do without root as it seems the notifications are in an inaccessible part of the system. But I have a way to do but it takes a few steps. Here's how I did it.

1. Download zedge ringtones and wallpapers from the market
2. Download a notification tome from zedge and apply it through the app.
3. Download Astro File Explorer from the market
4. Open Astro and find the the Notifications folder it will be under SD Card>Zedge>Notifications
5. Copy your files into Zedges notifications folder

After this whatever sounds you put in there will pop up in the stock selection for notifications

Reactions: cef1950

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
First let me say that this thread was intended to direct questions to the sticky post but i'll still go ahead and answer here....

This is a very tricky thing to do without root as it seems the notifications are in an inaccessible part of the system. But I have a way to do but it takes a few steps. Here's how I did it.

1. Download zedge ringtones and wallpapers from the market
2. Download a notification tome from zedge and apply it through the app.
3. Download Astro File Explorer from the market
4. Open Astro and find the the Notifications folder it will be under SD Card>Zedge>Notifications
5. Copy your files into Zedges notifications folder

After this whatever sounds you put in there will pop up in the stock selection for notifications

Not that this won't work, but I have much easier method.

On the root of your SD card create the following paths (with a file manager app or plugged into a computer).

/media/audio/alarms
/media/audio/notifications
/media/audio/ringtones

Put the sounds you want (wav, mp3, ogg) into the appropriate folder and they will appear for that use.

FYI, a file manager will show the full folder path like this "/sdcard/media/audio/alarms" because that is how the android phones file system is set up for SD card access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835