Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Email app?

Just saw this now. I use hotmail outside of my gmail account. On my OG EVO, i had a delete option in the stock email app. I cannot find it in this one. Anyone figured it out or am i looking in the wrong spot?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Default Re: Stock Email app?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Just saw this now. I use hotmail outside of my gmail account. On my OG EVO, i had a delete option in the stock email app. I cannot find it in this one. Anyone figured it out or am i looking in the wrong spot?
    You should take a look at Maildroid in the market. I have been using the free version for a while and I find it superior in every way to the stock email app. You can even pinch to zoom! I was using it on my 4g and now on my 3d.
    Thanked by:
    Bagua 

If you mean Delete an individual e-mail, just select the check mark to the left of the e-mail and a menu appears on the bottom that includes Delete as an option.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by smgoma View Post
    If you mean Delete an individual e-mail, just select the check mark to the left of the e-mail and a menu appears on the bottom that includes Delete as an option.
    I mean as delete multiple at once. On the OG EVO, when i am viewing all my emails, i could select delete and check them all to delete. But this doesnt seem to be an option on the 3D.

I have used maildroid and others before, but for some reason, i just prefer the stock email application look and feel myself so i would rather not use them

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I mean as delete multiple at once. On the OG EVO, when i am viewing all my emails, i could select delete and check them all to delete. But this doesnt seem to be an option on the 3D.
    Huh? You just check all the messages you want to delete, then you hit delete at the bottom. Easy.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pookela5 View Post
    Huh? You just check all the messages you want to delete, then you hit delete at the bottom. Easy.
    But there lays the problem. I do not have a option to select multiple emails and then delete them without doing it one by one. It wasnt this way on the OG Evo. Thats what i am trying to figure out.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

But there lays the problem. I do not have a option to select multiple emails and then delete them without doing it one by one. It wasnt this way on the OG Evo. Thats what i am trying to figure out.

The delete option doesn't show unless you check an email you want deleted ... Once you check it and the delete option appears , then hit your menu button and two more options appear ... select all AND deselect all.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    The delete option doesn't show unless you check an email you want deleted ... Once you check it and the delete option appears , then hit your menu button and two more options appear ... select all AND deselect all.
    Thank you that did it. Did not see the check marks next to the emails so that i could select them. Got it, feel like a newb now lol.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Thank you that did it. Did not see the check marks next to the emails so that i could select them. Got it, feel like a newb now lol.
    The problem is that the EXACT same stock app shows up different with different functions between the OG Evo and the E3D ... I just realized along time ago that with android you can have all kinds of extra menu choices for each action.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt