Problems with freezing?

minatogreen

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a problem thread but, I don't want this to be buried under everything else. I got the EVO3D on Friday and had all sorts of problems such as freezing, unresponsive power button, and the phone just crashing. Then I downloaded the updates and now the power button responds and there has only been minimal freezing. Is phone crashing normal? Is the phone freezing normal? I should note that I have been using the hell out of the phone and even then I have not got a lot of freezing. Should I be concerned, or is it just like all technology? This is my very first smartphone so, any help would be great appreciated.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, smartphones can. But it's a problem with software and how the android OS works, it will only crash or lock-up when it's reloaded. Android works with at a 'kernel' level which is at the CPU level rather than the user level. It controls the processor clock as well as the RAM by itself so it shouldn't be overloaded easily. Do you use a task killer?

minatogreen

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, I took it to my local Sprint store and they could not figure out the problem so, they gave me a new EVO3D. I have now had my new EVO3D for almost 24 hours, and is running super smooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers