HTC Evo 3D vs Evo 4G performance test

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason a lot of people are under the impression that the only difference between the Evo 3D and the 4G is the 3D aspect of the Evo 3D. That's dead wrong. The Evo 3D is an absolute LEAP in every fathomable way from the Evo 4G. In my previous video I showed the difference between the picture, video and audio quality between the 3D and the 4G. Well in this video I'm going to show you the MASSIVE performance advantage the Evo 3D has over the 4G. The game being demoed is "My First Trainz Set". Its a "Tegra 2" optimized game, but as you will see the 1.2GHZ Dual Core Snapdragon and Adreno 220 is more than capable of playing this game.. What you will also see is the Evo 4G painfully play this game. Everything about it is just faster. Opening the app, menu selections, and then the game itself. While I still have plenty of love for my old Evo 4G, the differences in performance is staggering. See for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlbAfvlhQA

Last edited:

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the video is meant to show off how fast the phone can play a game per se...but the fact of how fast and smooth the phone performs. But hey, if you want to play a waiting game we understand.

Johnnydalimp

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Please tell me guys, how is spending $549.99 of my hard earned cash from a Evo 4G to a Evo 3D an upgrade. Evo 4G does everything I ask it to do and more. My phone is more then I'll ever need. Wth do I need a Evo 3D for? When applications come out that start bogging my phone down, that's when I'l upgrade, till then, I'll save my money.

No, Evo 3D is not leaps and bounds better then the Evo 4G. Now, my old Palm touch compared to my Evo, now that's bounds and leaps.

Edit: Mybad, this is the Evo 3D forum. Damn, what was I expecting.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
No one is saying to spend money you don't have. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the OG Evo is still a bad ass phone. Jerzy has just been showing people the difference between the two to end the argument of "the only thing different is the 3D aspect. "

To tell you the truth if I didn't get an early upgrade, I wouldn't have spent $600 on the phone either. And that goes for any phone. Not just this one.

Via TT

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No one is saying to spend money you don't have. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the OG Evo is still a bad ass phone. Jerzy has just been showing people the difference between the two to end the argument of "the only thing different is the 3D aspect. "

To tell you the truth if I didn't get an early upgrade, I wouldn't have spent $600 on the phone either. And that goes for any phone. Not just this one.

Via TT

same here, if my phone didn't break earlier this month and I didn't have an early upgrade, I would still be rocking a tp2, waiting for the galaxy s 2.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me guys, how is spending $549.99 of my hard earned cash from a Evo 4G to a Evo 3D an upgrade. Evo 4G does everything I ask it to do and more. My phone is more then I'll ever need. Wth do I need a Evo 3D for? When applications come out that start bogging my phone down, that's when I'l upgrade, till then, I'll save my money.

No, Evo 3D is not leaps and bounds better then the Evo 4G. Now, my old Palm touch compared to my Evo, now that's bounds and leaps.

Edit: Mybad, this is the Evo 3D forum. Damn, what was I expecting.

I definitely wouldn't say to do that lol. Personally I'd never pay full price for a phone. If you were able to do an early upgrade or even a partial upgrade that'll be one thing. But to drop almost $600 no way. Like cuban said, the Evo 4G is still a badass phone. But it's no Evo 3D. I'm tired of people saying that the Evo 3D is the same as the 4G except is has 3D. That's FAR from the case. And yes I'm sorry, but the Evo 3D is leaps better than the 4G. I've been comparing my 3D to my 4G for a couple of days now. It's seriously not even close. Its a million times faster, the performance capabilities is light years better (as you can see in the video), the camera is much better, Sense 3.0 blows Sense 1.0 away, it has better build quality... I mean i can keep going.

But again, to pay full price imo isn't worth it at all, to some it may be but I'll never pay full price for a phone i dont care how good it is. Just food for thought tho. You woulnd't actually pay 600 for it. You can sell your 4G for a good $250. If you can at least get the partial upgrade that'll be another $75 off so you'd end up paying a little less than $275. Now at that price its still worth it. And sorry if i came out douchebagish before in my first response lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress