1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy 3D videos not auto detected.

Why do I have to press "Menu" every time I want to watch a 3D video?

The 3D pictures are auto detected... Why not 3D videos?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 3D videos not auto detected.

Bump.. Does nobody care about this??

I think It would be really great If I didn't have to press "menu" every single time I wanted to watch a 3D video.........

Just saying....

Anyone have a fix yet??

Many, many thanks to the one who solves this....

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Well the reason it doesn't do that is because .mp4 and .m4v file extensions could be either 2d or 3d (unlike the .mco or whatever extension the images are, I don't remember)

So the phone just sees a 2d .mp4 image (the stereoscopic side-by-side, what you see if you try to play it on your normal computer or something), and you have to tell it "Hey, this is two synced images, merge them for me"

There's really no way it'd be able to see that it's a side-by-side file without you telling it

Plus it's a 2-touch process to switch to 3d, if you had to go into settings or something it'd suck but right now it takes less than 1 second

If anyone has an answer for this please let us know!
    I've been searching for this but cant find anything. Its something to do with the videos metadata, it needs to be in mp4-3d format, but I cant find how to do it!
    I need this info so bad please someone explain!

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.0

just go to forums.sick-flix.com for all your answers. you can learn how to make your own auto-3d on videos with dolby 5.1 digital OR download any one of the 150 REAL3D movies or 200 2D>3D Converted Blurays. they have been aruond since August...

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.0

Cool Re: 3D videos not auto detected.

Quote Originally Posted by strat1227 View Post
    Well the reason it doesn't do that is because .mp4 and .m4v file extensions could be either 2d or 3d (unlike the .mco or whatever extension the images are, I don't remember)

So the phone just sees a 2d .mp4 image (the stereoscopic side-by-side, what you see if you try to play it on your normal computer or something), and you have to tell it "Hey, this is two synced images, merge them for me"

There's really no way it'd be able to see that it's a side-by-side file without you telling it

Plus it's a 2-touch process to switch to 3d, if you had to go into settings or something it'd suck but right now it takes less than 1 second
    no you're way off its the way the movie is made, it needs to be able to know how to pack the frames together. you have to use a program that allows you to manually input tasks like handbrake 0.9.5 then use this code in the advanced settings for the evo 3D copy everything in quotes ":fullrange=1:Frame-packing=3" that gives you the best color schematic and will give you 3D auto on and will have an on-screen toggle between 2D and 3D. YOUR WELCOME !!!

GO TO FORUMS.SICK-FLIX.COM for any and all info movies games emulators, roms, kernels,
    THE WORKS !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    no you're way off its the way the movie is made, it needs to be able to know how to pack the frames together. you have to use a program that allows you to manually input tasks like handbrake 0.9.5 then use this code in the advanced settings for the evo 3D copy everything in quotes ":fullrange=1:Frame-packing=3" that gives you the best color schematic and will give you 3D auto on and will have an on-screen toggle between 2D and 3D. YOUR WELCOME !!!

GO TO FORUMS.SICK-FLIX.COM for any and all info movies games emulators, roms, kernels,
    THE WORKS !!!!
    Dude I'm already a Sick Flix member in Facebook already, I just wanted the 3D auto on for the Regular Sick Flix movies. They arent in 3D auto on and I want them to be in auto on to play them in MX Video Player with foreign subtitles.

I'll give the code in Handbreak a try. I hope it works cuz I've been looking for this for days now!.

Quote Originally Posted by dokan View Post
    Dude I'm already a Sick Flix member in Facebook already, I just wanted the 3D auto on for the Regular Sick Flix movies. They arent in 3D auto on and I want them to be in auto on to play them in MX Video Player with foreign subtitles.

I'll give the code in Handbreak a try. I hope it works cuz I've been looking for this for days now!.
    Do I need to add something else or do something else?
    Cuz its not working?

There are something else written there when I open the advanced menu. Should I delete whats written and add the code or should I add the code with whats written?

Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post

THE WORKS !!!!
    I copied the code but it doesnt work. In fact after the encoding finished in Handbreak, I opened the file with Mediainfo but "frame-packing=3 doesnt show there. However I opened some other Auto open 3D video that I've downloaded, I looked at that ones encoding setting and "frame-packing=3" does show there.
    What am I doing wrong please help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D videos not auto detected.-ads-z.jpg   3D videos not auto detected.-ads-z3.jpg   3D videos not auto detected.-ads-z2.jpg  

Nevermind, Ive done it. Turns out if typed at the begining of the advanced settings it works. Couldnt get it to work when typed at the end though. Anyway huge thank you for this.