Lock Screen Icons

RyJoDetroit

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Changed the the lock screen icons to what I wanted, left the phone one though, when I selected done, the phone one has disappeared and I can't seem to get it back. Any ideas?

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to apply widgets to the lock screen rather than a static icon? The photos show widgets in use (showing the number of unread email messages for example) but I can only get the locscreen setting to accept static icons. Would really like to have gmail, gvoice show number of unread messages.

sagggas

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
had to restart the phone for the phone icon to come back..try that it worked for me
I'm having the same issue in that my 'Phone' icon has disappeared from the lock screen. I had updated the system prior to changing the lock screen. Anyone figured this one out yet?

Also, I've noticed that after a bit of use, Swype behaves irregularly. The trace feature eventually stops functioning and I can't see what I'm swyping. Also, pressing the number key doesn't visibly make the keyboard switch - although the numbers are active after tapping the number key.

Sometime a reboot fixes the swype problem (it is the reason I updated the system SW), but it hasn't fixed the phone icon problem.

*update* HTC just released a patch that fixes the Phone Icon issue. Not sure if Swype issue is fixed.

Last edited:

mjlash22

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone still does not show the phone icon, and I cannot get it back as it is not an "app" option when you go to change it.

jteesy

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I did the update as soon as I purchased the phone yesterday. I've restarted multiple times (for other reasons), and the phone app and lock screen icon are still missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC