Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Default Best place to get best price on Evo 3D?

I'm a gold premier customer, was able to upgrade as of last Feb, but I held out.

Thinking I'm ready to order this phone.

So, what's the best deal? My Evo is rooted, should I just do a trade in, or would it be best to offer on Ebay or CL? Then, where's the best deal to get the new phone? RS, BB or ??

thanks in advance.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Default Re: Best place to get best price on Evo 3D?

go to a sprint store 100%.

I had an original EVO, rooted up the ying yang with sense 3.0 already on it. Was also scrated up all over the place and they gave me $150 for it. I paid $50 for the 3D.

Can not beat that.

... I probably could of gotten 200$ for the phone on ebay.. but really the ease of transaction is worth 50$ to me.. not hard up for money.

If your looking to get a good deal & don't want to hold on to your EVO, I would just trade it in at the Sprint store. This way you'd only end up paying around 50 bucks for the 3D.

If your interested in keeping your EVO though, I'd recommend buying off Amazon. The 3D is selling for $179 there.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    go to a sprint store 100%.

I had an original EVO, rooted up the ying yang with sense 3.0 already on it. Was also scrated up all over the place and they gave me $150 for it. I paid $50 for the 3D.

Can not beat that.
    Me too! But I paid $60. Very happy. They don't care about root or scratches. Just that it turns on and gets a signal.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

well same here.. 60$ after tax.. they tax you on the 200$ then take the 150$ credit.. but w/e still a good deal.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

take that RadioShack!!!! lol

ROM
    stock

Don't forget to ask Sprint for the $65 credit for extending your contract! After the trade-in & extension credit, I basically got the Evo 3D for free .
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by illdini View Post
    Don't forget to ask Sprint for the $65 credit for extending your contract! After the trade-in & extension credit, I basically got the Evo 3D for free .
    Do tell?

oooh, is there a credit at sprint for re-signing up with them?? i was about to call them about crediting the $18 upgrade fee, but I'll wait to hear about this...that would be awesome!

as far as best price, if you do go back to a sprint store, ask them if they'll match a competitor's price. my main store wouldn't match, but I went to another and told them that Best Buy matched Wirefly's online price of $179 and that sprint guy says he'd do it, too. It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

If your contract is within 6 months or less to the end, you can request a $75 re-sign credit ... Mine was a year to the end because I get a new phone every year ( but I still got the credit, but had to fight a little harder) ... Now re-signing isn't an issue because 2 days later (June 22nd) I received my E3D, which automatically re-starts your contract date anyway ... So I received $75 to re-sign ... $150 trade in ... on a $199 phone .... Plus got the 300 FREE bonus mins added to my plan upon request ... So Sprint GAVE me $25 to upgrade to the next generation E3D.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICSense 420

Radio Shack gave me $160 for my 4G, paid $40 for the 3D.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    If your contract is within 6 months or less to the end, you can request a $75 re-sign credit ... Mine was a year to the end because I get a new phone every year ( but I still got the credit, but had to fight a little harder) ... Now re-signing isn't an issue because 2 days later (June 22nd) I received my E3D, which automatically re-starts your contract date anyway ... So I received $75 to re-sign ... $150 trade in ... on a $199 phone .... Plus got the 300 FREE bonus mins added to my plan upon request ... So Sprint GAVE me $25 to upgrade to the next generation E3D.
    SWEET! My 2yr ends in Feb 2012, so I'm nearly within 6 months. I guess I'd forgotten about the $75 and 300 bonus minutes.

thanks!

I went to the Sprint store downtown Indianapolis, Saturday June 25. They gave me $150 credit for my EVO 4g. Paid an additional $49 for the EVO 3d. With screen protector and taxes, I paid $80.

Similar to the Sprint store like Makad pointed out above, Radio shack had a thing going where even existing sprint customers could get it for $199.99. And if you have an existing evo 4g you can trade it in for anywhere between $100-$150 depending on the condition. I essentially got mine for $50 + activation so about $90. AWESOME!!!!

Not sure if this deal is still going on though. However, its DEFINITELY worth the investigation.