RAM usage indicator opposite in manage apps screen

niknag

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the memory used indicator is showing the opposite amount of used memory under manage applications-running program as opposed to going to HTC task manager widget? It is the exact opposite..mine show only 239mb used and 500mb free. Think htc may have gotten these mixed up?

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Quick settings: 646MB used, 157MB free
Running apps: 227MB used, 509MB free

Total listed under manage applications is also 736MB, total in quick settings is 803MB

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
@ eddieknights
Keep in mind that Storage and Memory are two different things. If you move apps to the USB Storage or SD Card that can cause the applications to run slower especially if your card is a lower class. Class 10 being the fastest. I would assume that if you are seeing applications run slower than they should you will want to return them to the phones memory and test the app in question again. If that doesn't solve your issues than please give more details as to what problems you are running into. The Evo 3D has 1GB ram which I am sure should be more than enough for whatever you are doing. Either way let us know exactly what you are trying to do.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the memory used indicator is showing the opposite amount of used memory under manage applications-running program as opposed to going to HTC task manager widget? It is the exact opposite..mine show only 239mb used and 500mb free. Think htc may have gotten these mixed up?

The widget is showing 500MB used? The widget is just an at a glance view of memory USAGE not how much is free for other applications as the system should dynamically utilize memory for its needs as they come up.