Worth it to upgrade from an EVO 4G?

Gman757#AC

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Huge improvement. Speed, battery life, screen. Went yesterday 16hours on battery with 2hr 26m screen on, 26m phone calls, 15m internet browsing, and texting through out the day. Was down to 40% at night when I charged it. Higher resolution makes things look better versus the standard evo which gave the feelings things were stretched out to me.

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just made the upgrade, didn't think it would be big upgrade, but it was worth it. Much much snappier and better battery life

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The battery life has been a huge difference! That alone makes it worth while, the 3d was much better than I expected, the screen is noticably brighter and more crisp. Make the switch, you won't regret it.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with the above posts.

The battery life difference is drastic enough on its own to want to change.

My sisters and mom all have the OG Evo and they want to switch because they see how often I DONT have to charge it. It's great.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and I think its cool, but I dont think its a huge step over the 4G. Maybe I havent played with it enough yet?

Great phone so far though, just not blown away by it coming from a rooted/romd/overclocked 4g. maybe if I came from a crappy phone it would be more noticable.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't be a huge jump but it really has. I'm a very heavy user and log about 5k minutes a month amongst everything else from tethering to navigation as I travel all over the US nonstop.

Yeah, its an awesome upgrade. The battery was literally made from unicorn tears and lasts all day no matter how much try to kill it or how poor my signal is. Only way I've been able to kill it is by watching dvix movies on it on my flights across country. New screen format makes them awesome btw.

Sense 3 is just a huge jump. The widgets, the speed, the MUCH deeper integration into my exchange gal. It's just great. It's time to recognise that sense is reaaally owning the competition. We tend to think that anything non Google ontop of asop is weak like touchwiz or blur...but really its one of the biggest highlights. Also HTC is doing that much more with HTC hub and open sense.

3d stuff is cool, don't be fooled. It's fun and the 3d camera is really bad ass. Camera quality is just ok in low light though. Cellphone pics are for capturing a fun moment to share with friends. Doing that in 3d is that much more fun. Camera button is great.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not sure the upgrade is worth it or if I would rather go back to the Evo (I kept mine). Jury is still out. I'm enjoying it, but there are quirks and bugs, and I miss root. If they fix stuff, and unlock it so root is available, and do that within my 30 days. Otherwise, it's going back to Radio Shack and I'll enjoy my Evo until the next big thing.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If youre coming from stock Evo then it's probably a worthy upgrade if you were to get it for 199 or less. I wouldn't pay full retail for it. However if you are rooted and already using Cynogen and other custom roms then I think you win some and you lose some. My Evo 4g was rooted with cyanogen mod and it was faster than stock Evo4g. Also everything is working on it including being able to customize the quick drop down shortcuts and all my apps worked on it. The E3d for me is a slight upgrade for now until it gets rooted and able to use custom roms. Some of my apps either dont work or are does not fill the screen due to the different resolution of the Evo3d. But it is a faster device and do love the 3d feature along with the nicer screen. I have experienced some lock ups already and scrolling isnt as smooth as I expected. I was hoping it to be more iphone like smooth. I do hope that when it gets rooted and with custom roms it will be. I'm still open to waiting for other device like the samsung s2. This is my opinion anyhow...