Alternative browsers?

sohungry

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello there, the Evo 3D is my first android phone, and I was just wondering what are some alternate browsers I could use instead of stock and your thoughts on those alternatives. Stock works pretty well, but I don't want to be missing out on anything due to not knowing about it.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello there, the Evo 3D is my first android phone, and I was just wondering what are some alternate browsers I could use instead of stock and your thoughts on those alternatives. Stock works pretty well, but I don't want to be missing out on anything due to not knowing about it.

I use Opera, which imo is better than the stock browser. there's also firefox which allows addons like adblock. I've also heard good things about the dolphin browser as well as the skyfire browser.

Last edited:

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just try out many. Dolphin HD isn't bad, and Opera is fine too. At WORST you'll just have an annoying day of having to get a popup about which browser you want to complete every browser action, but you won't mess up anything by installing additional browsers.

I still prefer stock after using many.

tssva

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin HD and am very happy with it. It is fast, supports tabs, has gesture commands, and importantly for me xmarks and lastpass have plugins for it, so I can sync bookmarks, passwords, and access open tabs across all my computers and my HTC.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Miren is the best hands down that I've tried so far, double tap zoom works flawlessly, flash works great, its fast and has tabs. I'm sold. I'll never use the stock browser again.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm still searching for the perfect browser as well, and I've tried all of the above, plus Bolt, which is a holdover from my Blackberry days. What I want is a browser that will play background music on a web site. My blog has an embedded soundtrack, and none of the browsers I've found thus far will play the music when the page loads.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Miren is the best hands down that I've tried so far, double tap zoom works flawlessly, flash works great, its fast and has tabs. I'm sold. I'll never use the stock browser again.

I will try miren, thanks. And the new skyfire. I loved it during my WinMo 5+ DAYS. NIGHT ANDday to ie.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on trying new browsers until recently cuz I always end up going back to stock plus I have a slower phone with way less memory so I got sick of installing and uninstalling apps all the time! Anyways I just happened to try boat browser which seemed real fast on my slow phone and it had some cool features like screen capture. Miren browser has alot of extras on it and it looks pretty good I heard the flash on it has made it real popular but it didn't run as fast on my phone. Opera is cool cuz you can sync it with your computer and opera acct but opera and others was slow on my phone also. I wish firefox worked on my phone i haven't been able to try that out. (for that matter i wish i could afford a faster phone right now LOL!) can't wait to try the evo 3d tho

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Based on responses, I'm trying out Dolphin. Like that I can export my bookmarks to it, and hopefully it holds my tabbed pages. The thing I don't like with the stock browser is that it seems to drop the extra tabs frequently in between use. If Dolphin keeps holding it, I'm sold.

lamonicaj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD also!!! This one has tons of add-ons you can try like Screen Cut, it gives you the ability to do a print screen of something on a web page!

rockky

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I always do multiple download tests on graphic heavy sites...and stock (gingerbread) for some reason is always fastest. (New Skyfire is best challenge yet tho!).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt