1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default light leakage, dead pixels, the wobbly 2d/3d switch

I have light leakage, dead pixels, the wobbly 2d/3d switch (not sure if this is an actual problem), and had to wonder does anyone have a phone that is perfect? My original Evo 4g had light leakage that was much worse, but I dealt with it, but as I have dead pixels and my switch is wobbly I was wondering if I should try and return it and hope for better or just keep it? (Ordered through amazon, so I am not sure how I would go about exchanging)

I have light leakage as well. But everything else is fine.

Sent from my 3D EVOlution
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Default Re: Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Addonex View Post
    I have light leakage, dead pixels, the wobbly 2d/3d switch (not sure if this is an actual problem), and had to wonder does anyone have a phone that is perfect? My original Evo 4g had light leakage that was much worse, but I dealt with it, but as I have dead pixels and my switch is wobbly I was wondering if I should try and return it and hope for better or just keep it? (Ordered through amazon, so I am not sure how I would go about exchanging)
    Wow, I would try and see about exchanging it. I haven't experienced any of those problems. The 2D/3D button I have is very secure.

Amazon is usually pretty good about returning things, although I don't know about for phones.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Default Re: light leakage, dead pixels, the wobbly 2d/3d switch

I have light leakage and a wobbly 2D/3D switch. The light leakage doesn't bother me too much, and the switch doesn't seem like it's going to fall off...it just rattles if I shake it!

When you guys say light leakage, do you mean the edge of the screen or the capacitive buttons? I ask because my screen is fine, but at night I can see through a couple of my physical buttons and it drives me nuts....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: Problems

Quote Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
    Wow, I would try and see about exchanging it. I haven't experienced any of those problems. The 2D/3D button I have is very secure.

Amazon is usually pretty good about returning things, although I don't know about for phones.
    Well I wish I had as good of luck as you Where did you get yours from?

Should also add that the box had the clear stickers on the side were already broken when I got it, thought nothing of it at first, but now I'm suspicious.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droidlife4life View Post
    When you guys say light leakage, do you mean the edge of the screen or the capacitive buttons? I ask because my screen is fine, but at night I can see through a couple of my physical buttons and it drives me nuts....
    Mine has it on the top/bottom of the screen (if tilted so not a big deal), and also the glowing edge around the bottom from the capacitive buttons light (because it is so bright; also would like to add that like the OG evo it has light leaking from the bottom (where the little flap is to take off the battery cover))

Also sorry if this is worded wierdly I will try and answer your questions.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I've got a slight light leakage, but its only visible at night. And at night I use screen filter to turn the button light off. As for the toggle switch does it switch from 3d to 2d without effort or does it just wiggle in place? Mine wiggles but IDGAF because this phone is so badass

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I have light leakage on the edge of the glass for the whole bottom of the phone (about where the capacities buttons are.) I had leakage on my 4G, so I'm not letting it get to me. Both my 2D/3D switch and the shutter button rattle a bit, but they don't slide or push without deliberate effort. I didn't think anything of it. It just seems to be part of the phone.

~Drew

I have a bit of light leakage as well but it is pretty minimal. The 2d/3d switch does rattle, but from what I am hearing that is normal... a device exchange would probably result in the same thing.

The concern that I have on my own device is a tiny spec under the screen in the top left corner. It looks like a dust particle; I can live with it, but if I see any more dust/lint particles accumulating under there, I'm definitely taking it back for a new one.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dkmrules View Post
    I've got a slight light leakage, but its only visible at night. And at night I use screen filter to turn the button light off. As for the toggle switch does it switch from 3d to 2d without effort or does it just wiggle in place? Mine wiggles but IDGAF because this phone is so badass
    What is this screen filter?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

the only time I have been able to see light leakage on any of my HTC phones is pitch black in my room at night when playing with it. They all will do it to an extent.
    Wobbly switches. . . mine are a tad wobbly too. I am sure this is normal to an extent. I try not to be overly worried about miniscule things like this

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I got one the day it came out. I noticed a missing pixel at the very bottom of the screen near the menu button. Took it back today and the new one has one either in the same freakin spot or very close to it. Is that common for the 3D?
    Last edited by SunYam; 07-12-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

I don't have any screen issues, my switch is somewhat wobbly however.
    a minor inconvenience.

I don't have any dead pixels that I can see, but I do have a wobbly 2d/3d switch. Neither of those bother me as much as the way the LCD panel is misaligned, however. There is a another thread in the forums about this here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...aligned-4.html Does anyone in this thread have that problem?

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

mine has a tiny dot that leaks light just below my menu button... it was pissing me off at first but i got used to it.. other than that mine is perfect.