Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default How could reviewers be so wrong!

This phone just flat out rocks! I came from a Touch Pro 2 WinMo 6.5 and feel like I was just beamed to the next century. This phone is more then I even hoped for. Has that been your experience to? Why did it get mediocre reviews?

Default Re: How could reviewers be so wrong!

Came from the EVO 4G. Phone blows me away in how well it performs, unicorn tears battery, and cool 3d pics and videos (short term use stuff is great).

Only disappointment is the camera quality in average to low light. It's about the same as it was before with some minor improvements. It still isn't nearly as good as the freakin iphone4's.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

It runs faster then my PC at home lol. It just damn works and fast at that. Maybe there are settings to help optimize the picture taking. I know with the TP2 there was tweaks to make it much better. I am still learning the Android system so i am not terribly familiar with it's tweaking abilities.

Agreed on the settings. I think they even stay that way once set so you don't have to jack with then again.

all the reviews I've read don't even mention the battery life. Must be real short term testing, in under 1 week the battery is blackberry like. And the screen (except when out in the sun) is beyond clear. And the 4 short cuts on the lock screen are the shiznit.... But at the same time these reviewers have also states that the first 3d phone on the market is the LG phone which isn't even out yet.. so go figure, they're hating on htc...

as for the camera, seems to me that the lighting just needs to be perfect for them to come out great

question I have is how come I can upload 3d pics to facebook but can't see them in 3d lol just 2 identical pics side by side lol

Quote Originally Posted by stillhere153 View Post
    all the reviews I've read don't even mention the battery life. Must be real short term testing, in under 1 week the battery is blackberry like. And the screen (except when out in the sun) is beyond clear. And the 4 short cuts on the lock screen are the shiznit.... But at the same time these reviewers have also states that the first 3d phone on the market is the LG phone which isn't even out yet.. so go figure, they're hating on htc...

as for the camera, seems to me that the lighting just needs to be perfect for them to come out great

question I have is how come I can upload 3d pics to facebook but can't see them in 3d lol just 2 identical pics side by side lol
    I just came from Blackberry and battery is nowhere NEAR 'Blackberry-like'. I miss full usage + going for 2-3 days with no charge and still have 15-25%.

I love the device and battery is acceptable for android.

My bb curve didn't go 3 days with full usage....not even close man. I've been out of the blackberry game for about 3 yrs ago though.

I cam from a Blacberry last year to the EVO 4g.

Battery is def better on BB, but remember Android is almost twice as powerful as the Blackberrys and can do a hell of a lot more.

well the person that started this thread is going from a Windows 6.5 device, common, no matter what Android phone he got he would be happy, and especially one of the best android phones. As for me the phone is great but I just can't stand any of these ****ty skins like Sense so I think I will be switching back to the Nexus.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acf3passion View Post
    I just came from Blackberry and battery is nowhere NEAR 'Blackberry-like'. I miss full usage + going for 2-3 days with no charge and still have 15-25%.

I love the device and battery is acceptable for android.
    However my BB couldn't do all that this phone can and does do. I have no issues with putting the phone on a charger in the car and every night like I do with any phone.
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB

I agree. At first I had to admit that maybe I was a little biased because it was a new toy, but after almost a week and having all kinds of people check out my phone and agreeing with me, this phone is great. I really can't think of any *personal* qualms I have with it. I'm not huge in photography so I think the camera is pretty good, and the screen is horrible in direct sunlight, but those issues really don't affect me at all so again, personally I have nothing negative to say about it at the moment.

If you're "huge into photography" you get a proper camera. Cameraphones are still full of compromise in the name of convenience.
    LegendarySoul likes this.

Don't get me wrong though...the 3d camera is far from gimmick. It's useful, fun and provides a very cool experience for my cell phone pics. The big draw back of the 3d is that you can't use it for long periods of time. If you are hair watching a quick movie or looking through some 3d pics then its not even a big deal. Sure I don't have another device that has this but all of my friends and more importantly my wife has a 3d now.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Agreed, this phone is badass I think it comes down to if the reviewer wants 3D to succeed or not, whether they like 3d in general or not.

I compared photos with the 3D last night with the epic and its not even close. Samsung wins the camera war. I hope it improves in the next device....

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    If you're "huge into photography" you get a proper camera. Cameraphones are still full of compromise in the name of convenience.
    Camera phones are all about capturing the moment to save for later, not to do great photography. Look at instagram: It purposely ruins every photo it takes for some reason, but people seem to love it. That pretty much proves phones aren't about taking pictures that will wow people.

I disagree. I really was hoping for a more functional camera. In lower light, sometimes the photos hardly even come out. I need my cam to capture this stuff at a reaturant or party you know?

Next year we should see this quality wide spread. I'm guessing the next iPhone is going to make a really really nice cam/video device. I'll never own one but its kind of up their ally hardware wise.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stillhere153 View Post
    That is what the EVO 3D does. It actually takes 2 pictures and displays then on your Evo 3D's 2 layered screens. The reason your Facebook shows them as two pictures is because there is no way to display it on the two layered screens.

Stop being defensive about the camera. I LOVE the phone but the camera is not just subpar, but sucks compared to iPhone and Samsung.

Personally, I couldn't wait until cell phone cams get good enough so I don't always carry a separate compact camera. But E3D's cam is unacceptable for that.

Don't say, 'Get a real cam then.' I'm a professional wedding photographer with a full fleet of DSLR and lenses. You can never have enough cameras.

Don't be a fanboy and be defensive about it, accept it that it sucks.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    well the person that started this thread is going from a Windows 6.5 device, common, no matter what Android phone he got he would be happy, and especially one of the best android phones. As for me the phone is great but I just can't stand any of these ****ty skins like Sense so I think I will be switching back to the Nexus.
    ADW?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by acf3passion View Post
    Stop being defensive about the camera. I LOVE the phone but the camera is not just subpar, but sucks compared to iPhone and Samsung.

Personally, I couldn't wait until cell phone cams get good enough so I don't always carry a separate compact camera. But E3D's cam is unacceptable for that.

Don't say, 'Get a real cam then.' I'm a professional wedding photographer with a full fleet of DSLR and lenses. You can never have enough cameras.

Don't be a fanboy and be defensive about it, accept it that it sucks.
    +1. Im not too impressed with the camera. How often have you notice anyone really using a camera nowadays. Maybe a DSLR but on average everyone uses their phone. I bought my gf a samsung dual screen and she barely uses it and always uses her blackberry. When I'm out specially at night I dont wanna have to worry about carrying another camera in my pocket when I want to capture a moment. If major phone manufacturers didn't feel the same as most do then they wouldn't put 5 or 8mp cameras with flash on their cell phones. This is gonna be the future so we all have to face it one time or another.

I am very impressed with this phone. Call quality is great, no connectivity issues, like the carousel screen feature and yes, I like the 3D We are remodeling our spare bedroom to be my "KISS room" (the band) and have taken some awesome pictures. Also got a hilarious 3D video of my friend's 3 year old son break-dancing. May be a gimmick but I am enjoying the heck out of it!

Just read another bad review from technoligizer. They called it an "average phone with a cheap gimmick". Really?
    They described the 3D as "little more than layered cardboard cut outs".

Does anyone agree with this? I'm blown away with the level of quality in a glasses free mobile 3D experience. Was anyone expecting IMAX in their pocket?

I wasn't. I got way more than i hoped for.
    People are so weird sometimes. I'll bet they gave the 3DS a great review. LOL.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyzero View Post
    Just read another bad review from technoligizer. They called it an "average phone with a cheap gimmick". Really?

Does anyone agree with this? I'm blown away with the level of quality in a glasses free mobile 3D experience. Was anyone expecting IMAX in their pocket?

Imagine the drooling if this were an i-thingy...
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyzero View Post

I played around with one at Best Buy this weekend. I thought the 3D was similar to looking through the View Masters we had as kids back in the 80's. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just what I thought at the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast